Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,216,309 times

Advertisements

What makes you think you are above attending church? The Bible makes it clear that church is an important part of a Christian's life.

Hebrews 10:25 says, "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approach."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 05:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,157,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
What makes you think you are above attending church? The Bible makes it clear that church is an important part of a Christian's life.

Hebrews 10:25 says, "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approach."
I just knew you were going to quote this verse , see earlier response to you .

What makes you think you are above us because you go to a building ?

Where does it say anything about going to church in that verse of scripture ? .

Jesus said where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name there i am in the midst.

Infact where does it say in the scripture that a place of meeting is called a church ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-12-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 03-12-2010, 05:43 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,005,986 times
Quote:

Church is the called out ones. I believe everytime I share some discussion here that I'm IN Church.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,132,504 times
Quote:
And we don't.

Do you attend church with others who share your faith? Do you believe in Christ the Firstfruits, the need for us to be conformed into His likeness, or understand the book of Revelation as the APOKALUPSIS - the revealing? The significance and meaning of the woes, earthquakes, burning mountains, hail storms, vials, and judgments in the book of Revelation?

These are poured out upon men (Adam, flesh), upon the earth (carnality, soulishness), upon the sea (wickedness), upon the rivers and streams (doctrines, creeds, philosophies, mind-sets), upon the beast (natural constitution), upon the harlot (religious systems, spirits), upon the mountains (strongholds, dominions, kingdoms within), and a number of other realms. You will understand a great truth when you understand that all of these things are as truly within us as they are without.

These are the very things that must be purged and eradicated once and for all and completely from our lives if we are to share the glory of Christ’s kingdom. But the current church system just sits at the airport waiting for a flight - meanwhile God is preparing a people who can withstand the fight...

Old 03-12-2010, 06:48 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,216,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I just knew you were going to quote this verse , see earlier response to you .

What makes you think you are above us because you go to a building ?

Where does it say anything about going to church in that verse of scripture ? .

Jesus said where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name there i am in the midst.

Infact where does it say in the scripture that a place of meeting is called a church ?.
I am not above anyone. I am a sinner that is not worthy of God's love and yet He still loves me!

Since you don't like the term church, do you fellowship with other believers?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,157,086 times
Quote:
I am not above anyone. I am a sinner that is not worthy of God's love and yet He still loves me!

Since you don't like the term church, do you fellowship with other believers?
Well why do you suggest those who do not go to a building are ?

Yes i meet with believers when i can, but nothing remotely close to what you christians call going to church..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity