Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 AM

203 posts, read 322,209 times

Advertisements

[quote=bigthirsty;13330144][quote=RobinD69;13320325]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

So you think that its fairly normal for a heterosexual man to have repeated homosexual desires?

You've come to this conclusion how?
I believe he has come to the conclusion by knowing the true meaning of life!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:51 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icstitch View Post
lol, well dont get me wrong but every christian that complains, will probally attend with me!
LOL, man, spare me.

But you do have a point though. Many christians in this part of the world who vehemently oppose gays tend to have gay-oriented inclinations themselves

Another way to say that it's just a carnal desire of lust upon another human. Nothing to do with birth or genes or science

Old 03-17-2010, 09:53 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It is still sin. And I am not trying to twist your words, just seeking cllarification.

Scripture please. This is personal opinion not fact.

Scripture please you are make a fallacy not fact.

I am sorry but you cannot pick and chose what is truth within the Bible or you make it carnal. The earth is a testing ground for the faithful and the Bible is the guidebook we all fall short of followineg because of our carnal lusts. If we throw away the guidebook or ignore it we are lost and the soul suffers from our carnal lusts.
Actually, I can pick and choose from the bible. I have free will to choose. If it does not ring true to my soul, I will disregard it. The bible is not the word of God. It is a guide book only. Below is from my "scripture" and the author is Jesus. He is answering a question about homosexuality and our church. Of course, it's probably the devil or an evil spirit because it speaks of Love and it's not written in your bible.

Anything done in love is in harmony with the Laws of God. Do you think you can look at a person and accurately evaluate his intention and motive for what he does? If you can, it would be because you have a highly developed spiritual nature, in which case you would not judge anyone harshly because you would know that each person has to pay his own penalty for wrong choices and unloving acts.

You are responsible for your own thoughts and deeds. You can bring peace and joy into your heart by becoming Love, by seeking to fulfil the highest potential of your soul. Set yourselves free from feeling responsible for judging your fellow human being for their free will choices. As you have observed, there can be two people who seem to be doing the exact same activity. One can be in harmony with Love and God's Will, while the other may not be. It is dependent upon motive, intention and will.
Everyone is responsible for their own acts of love or acts of hate; acts of acceptance or acts of rejection. You have the free will to choose. If you firmly believe that you cannot change your attitude, it's because you've chosen to have this outlook. Your parents and their parents pass down certain lifestyles and prejudices, so the inclination to feel this way may be predominate. But you do not have to remain there. It takes courage to stand up for what you know is right, especially when it goes against the grain of others around you.
Becoming a person who turns the other cheek and is loving and spiritual is what is required in order to bring love and peace into the world. It is right to be loving and accepting, doing your very best to have an open mind and loving heart. You have heard the statement, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend until death your right to say it." This is a good attitude; one of acceptance, tolerance, good will and the person you are setting free from the pain of prejudice is yourself...."

Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Sexual preference has nothing to do with a person's spirituality. Sexual preference is for this world only. A man can love another man and still be in harmony with God. It is the soul that is male or female. The material body is only a protection for the spirit and soul while they are in this world. Just because you have the makeup of a female or male material body on this world, does not mean that that is what your soul is. The material body is useless once a person dies. Are you not getting it yet? It is the soul of man that is the real person, not the material body. As long as gay people are in harmony with the laws of God, they are not sinning. As long as heterosexuals are in harmony with the laws of God, they are not sinning. When you judge another you have no time to love them. That, my friend, is the sin. The act of not loving. Get it?
God is the only one who can say if the soul is in harmony or not.
Your posts in this thread (and others) are a rare delight to read in this sub-forum, for they speak from a place of love and not hate.

What so many people seem to dismiss when discussing homosexuality are emotional attraction and emotional love. Too many people are obsessed with the mechanics of homosexual sex and sexual love--and their aversions to them. (Face it--if the act offends you, it merely means it is not consistent with your personal sexuality.)

Is every relationship based entirely on sex? No. If they were, most marriages would end at some point.

But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - I Corinthians 13:13

While I may not be christian, I have always admired that passage.

Love is a gift, no matter what faith one possesses.

My ex-MIL tried to "fit in" to heterosexual society as best she could for self-preservation--she married twice and gave birth to 4 children. She endured physical and sexual abuse...and ultimately the denial of her true nature and heart's desire.

Years later, when her first ex-husband learned that she had admitted her homosexuality, he beat her to within an inch of her life, fracturing the left side of her face and several ribs and causing a concussion. Several of her children rejected her for over two decades.

She has been with her partner since the late 1980s, and they are as devoted as my paternal grandparents ever were (who were married over 50 years). Her partner has been dying an agonizing and slow death due to cancer for the past 10 years--half of their relationship--and their love and devotion to each other is a testament to LOVE.

Love is not wrong. Those who are lucky enough to find their heart's mate, regardless of gender, are truly blessed.

The mechanics are immaterial.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Your posts in this thread (and others) are a rare delight to read in this sub-forum, for they speak from a place of love and not hate.
Seriously??

I always get the vibe that Rev1111 belongs to some loony church with loony ideas. This is how Tony sits before his computer, after reading the reverend every time ~~~>

Sorry, rev, couldn't resist it. You know I love you nonetheless

And what's with all the "rare delight" talk. You think this place is filled with hate? Frankly, I wonder what you're talking about.

If Christians stand up to bizarre activities like, say, bestiality, is that hate? Or would they have to play the PC game?

"You know I respect the relationship you have with your horse. You can shag it all you want, I won't judge you. We're entitled to our own opinions and I respect yours. You were born that way. The hippophile gene was passed down to you from your great grandfathers"

The poor horse

Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 AM

203 posts, read 322,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Seriously??

I always get the vibe that Rev1111 belongs to some loony church with loony ideas. This is how Tony sits before his computer, after reading the reverend every time ~~~>

And what's with all the "rare delight" talk. You think this place is filled with hate? Frankly, I wonder what you're talking about.

If Christians stand up to bizarre activities like, say, bestiality, is that hate? Or would they have to play the PC game?

"You know I respect the relationship you have with your horse. You can shag it all you want, I won't judge you. We're entitled to our own opinions and I respect yours. You were born that way. The hippophile gene was passed down to you from your great grandfathers"

The poor horse
lol, that is super funny!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:

What so many people seem to dismiss when discussing homosexuality are emotional attraction and emotional love. Too many people are obsessed with the mechanics of homosexual sex and sexual love--and their aversions to them. (Face it--if the act offends you, it merely means it is not consistent with your personal sexuality.)

Is every relationship based entirely on sex? No. If they were, most marriages would end at some point.

But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - I Corinthians 13:13

My ex-MIL tried to "fit in" to heterosexual society as best she could for self-preservation--she married twice and gave birth to 4 children. She endured physical and sexual abuse...and ultimately the denial of her true nature and heart's desire.

Years later, when her first ex-husband learned that she had admitted her homosexuality, he beat her to within an inch of her life, fracturing the left side of her face and several ribs and causing a concussion. Several of her children rejected her for over two decades.

She has been with her partner since the late 1980s, and they are as devoted as my paternal grandparents ever were (who were married over 50 years). Her partner has been dying an agonizing and slow death due to cancer for the past 10 years--half of their relationship--and their love and devotion to each other is a testament to LOVE.

Love is not wrong. Those who are lucky enough to find their heart's mate, regardless of gender, are truly blessed.

Thank you, Rayne. Yes, that is a beautiful passage. One of my favorites as well.

I'm glad your firend is truely happy. We need more people like her in the world. So few look to the inside of each other and base our world on the outside, never looking in the window to find the real gems. If they have a nice house, fancy car and money in the bank, there all right to most. To me, it's the heart of the person that matters.

The other day I was getting my hair trimmed. I go to a pretty nice place because they do a great job and I just like my stylist. Well, I couldn't get the door open and a lady in a BMW came walking up and as she was walking I said good morning to her. She just kept right on walking and opened the door, no good morning back. I said something like I wasn't awake yet and my muscles weren't working to get the door open and thanked her. She didn't say a word still.
Those are the actions I really hate in people. Not once did I see a smile. She's probably so miserable she doesn't know how to be happy.

I'll just keep the light on here in my world and anyone who wants to come in is most welcome. This light will shine for all.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Seriously??

The poor horse
Ya see antlered, when you get to heaven, you're gonna look me up and then you're gonna ask me about all this stuff again. Your'e gonna realize I'm not all full of poo. All you gotta remember is Divine Love. The rest doesn't matter.

Besides, I like shakin' people up. Ya never know what kind of milk one is in the mood for.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

How sad. NOBODY should be beaten or harmed just because of their race, skin color, religion, beliefs, or their sexual preference! Those that do that, or other things like start wars "in the name of God" are not a true person of God. I'm not perfect or free from sin by any means! I do however try to do good to others, and treat them the way I want to be treated! Again, it goes back to "Live and Let Live." Part of the reason people turn away from religion is because of the scare tactics used. It's just like a child, or a teenager for that matter. If you tell them "don't do this, don't do that," it turns people off. Religion IMO opinion should be enlightening. And again NOBODY should be persecuted for being different! This is coming from a married man who is as hetero as they come!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Ya see antlered, when you get to heaven, you're gonna look me up and then you're gonna ask me about all this stuff again. Your'e gonna realize I'm not all full of poo. All you gotta remember is Divine Love. The rest doesn't matter.

Besides, I like shakin' people up. Ya never know what kind of milk one is in the mood for.
Don't bet on it, Rev.

I'll probably get to the purgatory

When I get promoted, I'll come see you We'll go enjoy some rain in Spain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity