Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times

Advertisements

God IS Love!

1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

So if God hates - then He hates WITH LOVE. God LOVES His enemies.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

God is blessing those that curse Him, and doing GOOD to those that hate Him.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 10:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
He's all together lovely . Thanks for sharing that .

Old 03-14-2010, 07:28 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
What do you make of the last part of Isaiah 66:24, 'and they will be loathsome to all mankind?'

Does not God seem to be encouraging people to hate people - the sinners?

Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Love your enemies pray for them bless them in your prayers,.... that is the prudence in the spirit and NOT the martyrs law of offence...... Pray for your enemies with the blood of Jesus Christ clean the evil spirits off that you do not like. ......God gives Good gifts, so give them a cleansing through the blood of Jesus,...... Abass the evil spirit that control their lives so your life in the earth will go right and your ministries of Christ will be victorous.......When you resist the proud spirit of the world and bless your enemies Jesus will see what you are doing and hold you up in Heaven

Old 03-15-2010, 02:32 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What do you make of the last part of Isaiah 66:24, 'and they will be loathsome to all mankind?'

Does not God seem to be encouraging people to hate people - the sinners?
Psalm 38:5 My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly.

I think if you read through this carefully it is all mankind who are loathsome so that all mankind is looking upon their own festering wounds from sinful folly and their change of heart causes their former actions to be loathsome....

Does that make sense? God doesn't find us loathsome but mankind finds its own actions loathsome.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Psalm 38:5 My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly.

I think if you read through this carefully it is all mankind who are loathsome so that all mankind is looking upon their own festering wounds from sinful folly and their change of heart causes their former actions to be loathsome....

I agree.
The actions are what is loathsome.
The actions of evil (non-love), and all of the ugliness that non-love has produced in this world.

It's people reflecting on the non-love that their carnal natures produced.

God's fire is a refining fire.
It burns off exactly what needs to be burned off.
Like a silversmith fires the metal, burns off the dross (in this case, the non-love) until He sees HIMSELF in the metal reflecting back at Him.
Think the BEST things of the Father. Always.
He is our loving Father.

Destruction is the nature within us, that we were SUBJECTED to in order to LEARN the contrast of love and non-love (individually and as a whole... we are all brothers and sisters.) That which is NON-LOVE in our nature is being destroyed! This is GOOD NEWS! God's beloved human beings which HE brought into existence aren't being destroyed. It's that within us that NEEDS to be destroyed.

peace.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:38 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I agree.
The actions are what is loathsome.
The actions of evil (non-love), and all of the ugliness that non-love has produced in this world.

It's people reflecting on the non-love that their carnal natures produced.

God's fire is a refining fire.
It burns off exactly what needs to be burned off.
Like a silversmith fires the metal, burns off the dross (in this case, the non-love) until He sees HIMSELF in the metal reflecting back at Him.
Think the BEST things of the Father. Always.
He is our loving Father.

Destruction is the nature within us, that we were SUBJECTED to in order to LEARN the contrast of love and non-love (individually and as a whole... we are all brothers and sisters.) That which is NON-LOVE in our nature is being destroyed! This is GOOD NEWS! God's beloved human beings which HE brought into existence aren't being destroyed. It's that within us that NEEDS to be destroyed.

peace.
How lovely are your feet, Sparrow!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
How lovely are your feet, Sparrow!
I second this comment!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:47 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
--<
...--<

hey, thanks for the nice thoughts.
I love that verse and it often comes to mind when reading many of the beautiful posts here, concerning our Father's powerful love and His 100% perfect plan.

peace,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity