Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkin-saw View Post
A verse from the Psalms...

Ps 116:11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.
KJV

God forbid: yes, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged.

For He is Judge and will execute judgment, giving to each and everyone of us OUR JUST rewards, be it heaven or hell. I respect that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
God forbid: yes, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged.

For He is Judge and will execute judgment, giving to each and everyone of us OUR JUST rewards, be it heaven or hell. I respect that!
I wonder if He will judge those who convinced themselves and not the Holy Spirit that they needed salvation along with those who thought they found the way to the narrow gate themselves along with those who thought they sought ,found and chose God and opened their own eyes to see the salvation of God ?.

You fundy's can deny this is what you believe until the cows come home , but this is truely what you really believe.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I wonder if He will judge those who convinced themselves and not the Holy Spirit that they needed salvation along with those who thought they found the way to the narrow gate themselves along with those who thought they sought ,found and chose God and opened their own eyes to see the salvation of God ?.

You fundy's can deny this is what you believe until the cows come home , but this is truely what you really believe.

You keep asking me the same question over and over again and when I answer you get upset because it's not what you want to hear! How do you want me to lie to you? Really!

You asked did I seek and sought after God then got saved.....I told you All I did was cried out to Him and He rescued me! Now I don't have a clue to the other "fundys" as you so called them, nor do I know them, but that's My testimony. (What is a fundy?)

Now please with all due respect sir, can you answer mines? Again...so I can do absolutely whatever I want in this world and still be saved? Yes or No?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Now please with all due respect sir, can you answer mines? Again...so I can do absolutely whatever I want in this world and still be saved? Yes or No?
You misunderstand salvation and consequences, Betsey because they are not the same thing. We are ALL already SAVED by Jesus at Calvary . . . but we are not all worthy to be in the presence of God without Jesus' grace. That means that we WILL have consequences to face if we have NOT gained the grace of Jesus through repentance. BUT those consequences will be proportional to how much spiritual immaturity corrupts our soul . . . they will NOT BE ETERNAL. This "refinement" will not necessarily be pleasant . . . but it will be appropriate to our acts (works) in this life. Our degree of grace with Jesus and/or our works ultimately determine what kind of life we will face after death.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:37 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
You keep asking me the same question over and over again and when I answer you get upset because it's not what you want to hear! How do you want me to lie to you? Really!

You asked did I seek and sought after God then got saved.....I told you All I did was cried out to Him and He rescued me! Now I don't have a clue to the other "fundys" as you so called them, nor do I know them, but that's My testimony. (What is a fundy?)

We have answered this already.... as did Paul:

"The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more....What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

I have to wonder what it is that you WANT to do that you are prevented from doing by being a Christian.....

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Paul says you can do "all things" because they are lawful but not all things are good to do.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
We have answered this already.... as did Paul:

"The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more....What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

I have to wonder what it is that you WANT to do that you are prevented from doing by being a Christian.....

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Paul says you can do "all things" because they are lawful but not all things are good to do.

Katjonjj, I'm praying for you okay? I must be about my Father's business. There's some who would still like to hear what the Bible says without any additives and preservative thrown in, you understand? But carry on if you must.........

Old 03-25-2010, 03:47 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Again...so I can do absolutely whatever I want in this world and still be saved? Yes or No?

Yes.

What YOU do will not save you.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

1C 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

If you think "accepting" is OF you, then provide the scripture that says it is OF YOU when scripture says it is not of you.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:56 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Katjonjj, I'm praying for you okay? I must be about my Father's business. There's some who would still like to hear what the Bible says without any additives and preservative thrown in, you understand? But carry on if you must.........
Yes I see you have given up... as our DM'ing didn't last very long with you trying to tell me what I have to believe and twisting the gospel to say that God only loves them who love him!

But that is your opinion and your choice.

I notice that you have nothing to say regarding Paul's declaration that All things are lawful but not all are profitable. What are you not doing as a Christian that you want to do? Murder, lying, adultery, blasphemy, stealing....drugs? what is it that you can't do...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,126 times
Quote:
What are you not doing as a Christian that you want to do? Murder, lying, adultery, blasphemy, stealing....drugs? what is it that you can't do...
That is such a good question. People keep asking about this as if there's thinking, "Well heck! If I find out this is true I've got plans." Have any of you CU/UR people known of someone to come to the knowledge of the truth and say, "YEE-HI! Let's go sinning!" The knowledge of God's true character does the opposite. It makes you love him more, want to please him more, and molds you into the person he created you to be.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Yes I see you have given up... as our DM'ing didn't last very long with you trying to tell me what I have to believe and twisting the gospel to say that God only loves them who love him!

But that is your opinion and your choice.

I notice that you have nothing to say regarding Paul's declaration that All things are lawful but not all are profitable. What are you not doing as a Christian that you want to do? Murder, lying, adultery, blasphemy, stealing....drugs? what is it that you can't do...
Katonjj, all you want to do is debate over and over and over and over.......I'm not Christ, I'm not trying to CHANGE your heart, for only HE can do that, but what you are not going to do is keep me from spreading the message of His soon coming, to people seen and unseen; that still have a need and desire to hear truth! YES TRUTH ACCORDING TO THE WORDS OF GOD! (ALL OF IT IS there in that Bible) And never once have I told you that God only loves them who loves Him, if anyone know Betsey, they know that I've always said and WILL continue to say: YOU CAN COME AS YOU ARE!! .........then again that's what you do best!!

No, you keep up the charade all by yourself if you must.......when you are honestly desiring to know the God of the Bible, fall on your knees! Make it quick times winding up! That's my message for you. Godspeed Kat.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 03-25-2010 at 05:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity