U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM

3,540 posts, read 4,234,602 times

Advertisements

I just noticed my rep number is 666.

Will someone please rep me,

or chastise me, and take a rep away.

I'm getting all wigged out here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

Thank you! (you know who you are)

yuv saved ma, frum da fares uv hail

Old 03-17-2010, 10:00 AM

6,945 posts, read 7,245,605 times
For many decades and centuries God's people have been speculating about the strange phenomenon the Scripture calls the "mark of the beast". Rev 13:17, however, lists three alternatives, two in addition to what most Christians have heard of: (1) the mark of the beast (2) the name of the beast (3) the number of his name. It is indeed remarkable that the Holy Spirit speaks of "the number" of the name of the beast; that is, the number representing and standing for the name. Why not be content with the name itself? Throughout the book of Revelation the followers of Christ are never spoken of as stamped with a number, but only a name. "To him that overcomes ... will I give a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives it" (Rev. 2:17). "Him that overcomes... I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the City of my God... and I will write upon him My new name" (Rev. 3:12). "And I looked, and lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's name written in their foreheads" (Rev. 14:1).

No one who reads the book of Revelation with a spiritual mind can have failed to notice that the word "name" is far more than an appellative. It expresses the inner nature of the person to whom it is applied. Thus, the "beast" represents something wild and ravenous in nature, the "w.h.o.r.e." denotes something unfaithful and impure, and the "Lamb" is one who is meek, pure, and self-sacrificing. The "name" of the Father expresses the character of the Father; the "name" of the Son reveals the nature of the Son, the "name" of the city of God which comes down out of heaven from God bespeaks the implantation of the divine nature and character into the life of the man or woman who is BORN FROM ABOVE.

In contrast to this, those who are partakers of the nature of the beast DO NOT "know the name" stamped upon them, are not aware of the character they bear, and have no idea of the depravity and deceitfulness of the nature in which they walk, as it is written, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: WHO CAN KNOW IT?" (Jer 17:9). So many people today are worrying about what the mark of the beast is going to be. They themselves have taken that mark! The very fact of their not knowing what that mark is proves they have taken it. History reveals how that during the inquisitions and persecutions by the Roman Church in past centuries, many Christians who would recant to escape torture or death were branded on either the hand or forehead, or both, with a cross, even as cattle are branded to denote ownership. But that visible mark, which allowed those who took it to live and carry on ordinary business pursuits, was merely an outward mark to denote that they now subscribed to and upheld the doctrines of Rome and the deceptions of the beast. The whole realm of organized Christianity today subscribes to those same doctrines and deceptions in varying degrees.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM

4,079 posts, read 2,228,965 times
Little Elmer... Thank you for sharing that, brother.
Much depth in those words... for sure.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:00 PM

4,711 posts, read 2,699,236 times
There are a few interpretaion of the number of the beast, not the number that God gave the beast, but the number that the beast gave himself............ One interpretation of wisdom that Is the date number,,,,......... In the year 666 B.C. Manasseh was the King of Israel and was the most evil King, and did evil in the eyes of God ............. 666 years later Jesus was born and apostacy was in the land and Jesus was rejected and sent to the cross by the carnal spirit within the forty years period......... 666 years later in the year 666 A.D......Humanism the demigod of self upsurp the Roman gods and the Temple of Jerusalem becomes an Islam temple and the Christian Churchs thoughout the Middle East and African are lost and over run with Islam........ 666 years later the year 1332 A.D. Bubonic Plague kills one third of all of Europe, one and a half million Jews are murdered in Europe.......... 666 years later in the year 1998 A.D. was the hotest year in recent history and Islam jahad is born against the west in a profound way.........Go figure anything else within a forty year period...........

Old 03-17-2010, 04:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,177,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

This might be worse.

A few days before my Baptism, my Dad discovered that the first 3 names I had been given, had 6 letters each. That was a 6 6 6.

My parents were not too worried, but they started to worry, just in case... so they corrupted the spelling in my third name

Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM

On June 24 1982, after midnight I walked up on a scene - a homeowner had shot an intruder inside his home, and blew him completely out through the front window.

He landed on the front porch, on his back, with his head hanging off the porch. His eyes were open, and looking at him from the street it appeared that he was looking at me.

My teenage, carnal mind instantly made something spooky of the situation; you see, June is the sixth month, 2+4 is six, and 8-2 is as well.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM

4,345 posts, read 3,665,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This might be worse.

A few days before my Baptism, my Dad discovered that the first 3 names I had been given, had 6 letters each. That was a 6 6 6.

My parents were not too worried, but they started to worry, just in case... so they corrupted the spelling in my third name
Yeah, gotta be careful with that stuff. We were gonna' give our youngest daughter my wife's best friend's name for a middle name but we realized her initials would be A.S.S. - so we changed it...

Old 03-17-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yeah, gotta be careful with that stuff. We were gonna' give our youngest daughter my wife's best friend's name for a middle name but we realized her initials would be A.S.S. - so we changed it...
Very tough school years for that girl!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:37 PM

I heard of a guy named Fred Derf.

His name spelled backwards,

was Fred Derf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity