Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times

Advertisements

ETers (those that believe in Eternal Torment) have a big FAILURE in their doctrine. In their doctrine SIN gets a Home, Sin gets DOMINION over its subjects, SIN gets its own Kingdom. In their doctrine, God is UNABLE to save those that don't give Him permission. In their doctrine, our Lord and Savior FAIL to eradicate sin. In their doctrine, Death and sin gets to ROB our Father in Heaven of a potential child. In their doctrine, they believe that God (who knows the end from the beginning) brought a child into the world knowing that the childs ultimate fate was to be tormented for the rest of eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 07:01 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
The Holy Spirit works through your heart, Mike.
I pray that God wraps His loving arms around you, brother.
Peace,
sparrow.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:05 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Isaiah 33:14,15 Who among us can dwell with everlasting burnings. [u]The righteous.[/U]. God is a consuming fire. (not literally, of course. We would all be ash )

Old 03-21-2010, 07:34 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Man is born into the world already under eternal condemnation.
Eternal? That's not what Genesis 3 says.
Quote:
God takes no pleasure in ordering anyone into the lake of fire,
Why? If it's good and right and just and holy, why not be happy about it?
Quote:
but He cannot and will not compromise His perfect holiness, and so He has no choice.
Here is the perfect holiness of God in action (the nature of God revealed in Christ):
Matt 5:45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust".

Luke adds (6:35) But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
Quote:
And the solution is very simple.

Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.'

But I have no sympathy for those who attempt to lull others into a false sense of security regarding their eternal future. The judgment that awaits them they have brought down upon themselves. Let it be on their heads.
Not "lulling" anyone. We're attempting to awaken those who are lost in the ET nightmare.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
My feelings have no bearing on the reality of the matter. Universalists make an attempt to appeal to the emotion in an effort to refute that which the word of God has made so very clear.

Man is born into the world already under eternal condemnation. In grace, God has provided the solution to the problem. If that solution is rejected, then the justice of God is compelled to carry out the sentence that He has set forth.

Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 46) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment...''

God takes no pleasure in ordering anyone into the lake of fire, but He cannot and will not compromise His perfect holiness, and so He has no choice.

And the solution is very simple.

Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.'

But I have no sympathy for those who attempt to lull others into a false sense of security regarding their eternal future. The judgment that awaits them they have brought down upon themselves. Let it be on their heads.
I'm sorry but i totally disagree with you .

The scripture tells us and also our own hearts testify that it it's the goodness of God that causes a man to repent .

If God's goodness can have an effect on us , for you to just to dismiss the effects that the knowledge of loved ones and friends will burn in eternal torment doesn't matter to you, really sums up what fundamental christianity is all about .

Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Not "lulling" anyone. We're attempting to awaken those who are lost in the ET nightmare.

You got it!
And it IS a nightmare.
The worst nightmare man has vainly imagined.
And more and more and more people are waking up from it.
Thank God!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
So how does it make you feel though, ILNC...?
"taking no pleasure" doesn't really seem to fully explain.
I told you in the post below....I feel an urgency, a need to tell people about Jesus. Knowing some will spend eternity in hell makes me very sad because it doesn't have to happen, but they must ask Jesus to forgive them of theirs sins and become their Savior for this to happen, and ALL are NOT going to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No, it makes us feel an urgency to tell others about Jesus and how to be saved from eternal hell, we take no pleasure in knowing some will spend eternity separated from God.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:23 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm sorry but i totally disagree with you .

The scripture tells us and also our own hearts testify that it it's the goodness of God that causes a man to repent .

If God's goodness can have an effect on us , for you to just to dismiss the effects that the knowledge of loved ones and friends will burn in eternal torment doesn't matter to you, really sums up what fundamental christianity is all about .
You are totally disagreeing with the stated word of God.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I told you in the post below....I feel an urgency, a need to tell people about Jesus. Knowing some will spend eternity in hell makes me very sad because it doesn't have to happen, but they must ask Jesus to forgive them of theirs sins and become their Savior for this to happen, and ALL are NOT going to do that.

What do you believe Hell is?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:31 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What do you believe Hell is?
Eternal separation from God FOREVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity