Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 PM

27,881 posts, read 29,685,076 times

Advertisements

If you believe that God is a spirit whose essence fills the universe or, in other words, that He is "everywhere," what do you mean when you say you'll be with Him in Heaven someday? If He is everywhere right now, and not specifically "in Heaven," how is Heaven going to be different from Earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,588,025 times
Trick question!?

When the kingdom reigns in our hearts the EARTH is different.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,465,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Trick question!?

I agree.. And if God is everywhere how would hell be any different?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:38 AM

32,890 posts, read 26,112,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
If you believe that God is a spirit whose essence fills the universe or, in other words, that He is "everywhere," what do you mean when you say you'll be with Him in Heaven someday? If He is everywhere right now, and not specifically "in Heaven," how is Heaven going to be different from Earth?
There are 3 heavens.

1) The band of atmosphere surrounding the earth. 1 Kings 14:11

2) The entire stellar universe. Deuteronomy 4:19

3) The third Heaven. The throne room of God. Outside the universe. Above all other heavens.2 Cor. 12:2-4; Eph. 4:10

The throne room of God is indescribable. In 2 Cor. 12:2-4 Paul tells about being caught up into heaven but not allowed to speak about what he heard and by extension saw in Heaven.

2 Cor. 12:2-4 ''I know a man (speaking of himself) in Christ who fourteen years ago-whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows-such a man was caught up to the third heaven. 3) And I know how such a man-whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows- 4) was caught up into Paradise, and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.''

Because of the revelations that Paul had in Heaven he was given a thorn in he flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet him, to keep him from becoming arrogant. 2 Cor. 12:7.

Revelation chapter 4 gives a description of a scene in Heaven.

At this very moment, Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven.

It is impossible to describe what Heaven is like. But it is absolutely different from earth.

The city called New Jerusalem is currently in Heaven and is described in Revelation 21.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:38 AM

370 posts, read 449,739 times
Hey katjonjj, I've been meaning to ask you:

How do you believe all are eventually saved?
Everything I believe makes sense with an age where the elect rule over the unjust until all drink of the water of life, but I never really understood how your view makes sense of everything. Perhaps you could help me understand by telling me which of these you disagree with:

Christ returns.
The elect are resurrected.
He gives the elect new spiritual bodies.
The earth is laid waste.
The elect receive their reward.
The wicked are resurrected.
The saints reign with Christ over the wicked.
The wicked gradually enter the kingdom of heaven.
Christ becomes all in all.
He delivers the kingdom up to God.
God becomes all in all.

Any of you can answer this if you want.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 AM

8,087 posts, read 6,838,313 times
Quote:

Old 03-21-2010, 04:41 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,528,279 times
Mankind was created to inhabit the earth while angels are heavenly and inhabit the heavens.

Thy Will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:46 AM

9,663 posts, read 9,923,358 times
The Lord God is Omni-present,...he is in noted to be in many places at the same time........ many Churches that wait for a messege to preach from the Spirit of God for their meeting will have simular messages to the revelation the preacher may know,... some preacher may speak for the simular ideas God Spirits bring to them and other preacher will speak against the ideas. .. and the Lord just ask if the messeage is recieved........Heaven is a place where the devil of this earth can not go, the devil would have to be supernatural to go to Heaven...... The devil has his kingdoms of sin on the earth only and he is not an extratrestral being able to go to space with out a man who is in sin.......When a Anointed of Christ believer passes and go to Heaven that person must be purified to be in Heaven ...... there are many diffrences from Heaven and the earth, and the customs that a persons spirit may be acustom to will have to be changed so that persons spirit can get a long in a foreign Heaven..... for example : there is no sexual diffrences between the spirits in Heaven,,,,there is no age diffrences,,,,, there is not hell in Heaven.....there is no sleep or night time in Heaven, and so on.......

Old 03-21-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Trick question!?
No, really it's not, although it would probably would seem that way to someone who believed that God is everywhere. It's honestly a legitimate question.

Quote:
So, I'm assuming that the kingdom does reign in your heart. If that's the case, is this as good as it's going to get, or is God's essence somehow more concentrated in some areas (i.e. Heaven) than others (i.e. Earth)?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
Hey katjonjj, I've been meaning to ask you:

How do you believe all are eventually saved?
Everything I believe makes sense with an age where the elect rule over the unjust until all drink of the water of life, but I never really understood how your view makes sense of everything. Perhaps you could help me understand by telling me which of these you disagree with:

Christ returns.
The elect are resurrected.
He gives the elect new spiritual bodies.
The earth is laid waste.
The elect receive their reward.
The wicked are resurrected.
The saints reign with Christ over the wicked.
The wicked gradually enter the kingdom of heaven.
Christ becomes all in all.
He delivers the kingdom up to God.
God becomes all in all.

Any of you can answer this if you want.
Excuse me, but this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the OP. Please don't derail my thread by asking a specific user a question on an entirely different topic than the one we're supposed to be discussing. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity