U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,336,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
No. Don't change the subject.
What can'twaittoleave said was this:

I want to know why this person thinks that Jesus is not "needed" if Jesus saves all people.
LOL...go get them God's little sparrow!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 PM

34,435 posts, read 11,719,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
And I guess you think that's polite of Him?
It is what it is, polite or not. Would it be more polite to force everyone to heaven?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:34 PM

34,435 posts, read 11,719,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
No. Don't change the subject.
What can'twaittoleave said was this:

I want to know why this person thinks that Jesus is not "needed" if Jesus saves all people.
You know full well what the person meant. Why are you trying to play word games?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM

2,933 posts, read 2,101,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you say so, but Bible says otherwise and I am going with the Bible.
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 PM

1,897 posts, read 988,030 times
Quote:
It is what it is, polite or not. Would it be more polite to force everyone to heaven?
Uhhh....yeah..... and more merciful, and more loving, and more victorious, and more everything that aligns with the true nature and character of the one, true, living God.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 PM

4,054 posts, read 2,124,138 times
Quote:
You know full well what the person meant. Why are you trying to play word games?
If I knew "full well" I would not be asking.

Now, if you are only here to create strife... kindly go away.
The poster can speak for him or herself.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
devil says lets tell them everyone gets saved, no matter what, no need to trust Jesus, no need to ask Him to be your Savior, everyone's saved anyway..... yes that tricks them.

So am I!!!
ILNC you are twisting what people say -- when someone says that Jesus is the only way and will save all -- you turn around and say that they have said ' you don't need Jesus ' which is bearing false witness.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:54 PM

20,003 posts, read 20,299,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
ILNC you are twisting what people say -- when someone says that Jesus is the only way and will save all -- you turn around and say that they have said ' you don't need Jesus ' which is bearing false witness.
No it's the UR's who are twisting Scripture claiming ALL will be saved, and by saying this you are leading people to believe this lie. Yes you say people need Jesus, but you also say ALL will be saved and that is bearing false witness and not what the Bible teaches.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 988,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Amen to that!

Don't you wish someone would accuse us of placing TOO MUCH faith and trust in the saving power of Jesus? If we are wrong (not!), then the error of our thinking is that we give God way too much credit, and we credit the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus with way too much power, and we are blindly believing that "God is Love" without questioning that, and we love our fellow man way too much by believing they don't deserve to burn forever.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No it's the UR's who are twisting Scripture claiming ALL will be saved, and by saying this you are leading people to believe this lie. Yes you say people need Jesus, but you also say ALL will be saved and that is bearing false witness and not what the Bible teaches.
Scriptures say that we need to believe to be saved from wrath and be to saved from perishing - the wages of sin is death and destruction, yes you need to repent and believe

Jesus is the resurrection and life - he will raise everybody - even those that perish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity