Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I will not twist the word of God. If you believe in Christ you will be saved, and if you don't believe you will perish. That's all, and there is nothing to add.

Will everyone believe? Sure, even the most stubborn sinner will believe during the day of judgement when he is being dragged to the lake of fire. He will believe, but it will be too late.

Belief is all that is needed and everyone will believe. There is nothing to add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Hey Phazelwood, I wonder what these folks think about all the billions of humans who lived and died before Christ even came to this earth.

They believe there is no post-mortum death.

Is God just going to say: Sorry, it was just the bad luck of the draw that you were born before you had a chance to believe Christ died for you. Now you have to burn eternally. Good bye.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hey Phazelwood, I wonder what these folks think about all the billions of humans who lived and died before Christ even came to this earth.

Is God just going to say: Sorry, it was just the bad luck of the draw that you were born before you had a chance to believe Christ died for you. Now you have to burn eternally. Good bye.

That is a good question, of all my years in the fundamentalist system I do not believe that was ever mentioned in such a way. If I recall correctly it may be a matter of the requirements of the old covenant as opposed to the new covenant. But if you had asked me that question personally 10 years ago my responce may have been to call you a heretic or something.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is a good question, of all my years in the fundamentalist system I do not believe that was ever mentioned in such a way. If I recall correctly it may be a matter of the requirements of the old covenant as opposed to the new covenant. But if you had asked me that question personally 10 years ago my responce may have been to call you a heretic or something.
http://www.biblequery.org/Doctrine/N...gTheGospel.htm

The requirement in the OT was faith in God. The reason why they did all the things God told them to do and the reason why they would carry out sacrifices was an outworking of an inward faith.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:35 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:

Look at the link above.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:24 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
What of Those Who Never Heard?

The requirement in the OT was faith in God. The reason why they did all the things God told them to do and the reason why they would carry out sacrifices was an outworking of an inward faith.
Yet the New Covenant is the same according to you...so what changed? If faith saved them then what is the difference now? There was a definite change between the old covenant and the new covenant... what do you think that change was...it couldn't be the faith requirement right?

Heb. 8:6 But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.

So what are those better promises? Salvation by faith was already available so that can't be it...

Old 03-26-2010, 03:39 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I will not twist the word of God. If you believe in Christ you will be saved, and if you don't believe you will perish. That's all, and there is nothing to add.
Except we misinterpret what this means - just as the old nature of Christians is destroyed (to reveal the life of Christ in us), so all of creation will undergo the same transformation.

Do we not agree - will not all of creation see the glory of God? No one can behold Him and not be changed.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:08 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
I am amazed that in the same breath you say God and Jesus are not the devil that you say that teaching that God is the Saviour of all mankind is of the devil. So since God told us to teach that God is the Saviour of all mankind and since you say that is from the devil, you are saying God and Jesus are the devil.

I just quoted the verse that tells us to teach that God is the Saviour of all mankind in 1 Timothy 4:10,11 and yet you still say that is of the devil to actually do that!

You are the one twisting that verse!
It does not say we are to teach that "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, only believers."

It does not say we are to teach that "God will NOT save all mankind because Jesus DIDN'T ransom all mankind" (1 Tim.2:4-6).

It does say we are to teach that "God IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS the Saviour of all mankind, ESPECIALLY them that believe." It doesn't say "ONLY them that believe."

QUIT TWISTING THESE SCRIPTURES AND QUIT CALLING GOD AND JESUS THE DEVIL!
[/indent][/indent][/indent][/indent][/indent]
I wish you would stop listening to devil and start listening to God!!!!!!!!! The Bible teaches that ALL will NOT be saved, you need to stop spreading a lie about Gods Word!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 04:29 PM

134 posts, read 123,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I wish you would stop listening to devil and start listening to God!!!!!!!!! The Bible teaches that ALL will NOT be saved, you need to stop spreading a lie about Gods Word!!!!!!!!!!
I agree,if people wanted to be saved they would have wanted to do the will of the Lord instead of living in darkness.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkes45675 View Post
I agree,if people wanted to be saved they would have wanted to do the will of the Lord instead of living in darkness.
People in darkness are BLIND they have no choice but to miss out because they cannot see.... It is the LIGHT being presented to them BY GOD which enables them to do the will of the Lord.. Do you think it is their fault God has not been revealed to them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity