U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-26-2010, 04:47 PM

134 posts, read 18,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
People in darkness are BLIND they have no choice but to miss out because they cannot see.... It is the LIGHT being presented to them BY GOD which enables them to do the will of the Lord.. Do you think it is their fault God has not been revealed to them...
The thing is they do have a choice as everyone has an innate sense that there is something greater than them who created this universe,but as I said they choose to live in their sins. The only way is for them to be humbled ,is by being at their lowest point realizing that they can't solve the difficulties of the world and turn to the Lord for guidance as Holy Spirit will be instilled in them.

What was the purpose of Jesus dying on the cross in the first place ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 04:54 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,635,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkes45675 View Post
The thing is they do have a choice as everyone has an innate sense that there is something greater than them who created this universe,but as I said they choose to live in their sins. The only way is for them to be humbled ,is by being at their lowest point realizing that they can't solve the difficulties of the world and turn to the Lord for guidance as Holy Spirit will be instilled in them.

What was the purpose of Jesus dying on the cross in the first place ?
Well the Jewish leaders' purpose was to stop his ministry from causing a revolt...They were in darkness.

Jesus showed people the light (a lamp unto our feet) and when he died his mediation was complete for the reconciliation of man and God.

What would you say the purpose of Jesus dying on the cross was?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:20 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,004,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
What of Those Who Never Heard?

The requirement in the OT was faith in God. The reason why they did all the things God told them to do and the reason why they would carry out sacrifices was an outworking of an inward faith.
That's the issue, isn't it? The requirement. Why would God "force" a baby to be born into this world with a requirement to make a wise choice, or be burned and tortured for eternity?

The Bible is like a puzzle and the Holy Spirit helps us assemble it together. The first 33 years I was a Christian, most of the puzzle pieces were scattered about with only some of them fitting together. Since God opened my eyes and heart to his true nature and perfect, holy, just, and merciful character, the puzzle pieces are coming together like never before! The puzzle is shaping into a beautiful picture of God.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM

5,495 posts, read 2,756,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That's the issue, isn't it? The requirement. Why would God "force" a baby to be born into this world with a requirement to make a wise choice, or be burned and tortured for eternity?

The Bible is like a puzzle and the Holy Spirit helps us assemble it together. The first 33 years I was a Christian, most of the puzzle pieces were scattered about with only some of them fitting together. Since God opened my eyes and heart to his true nature and perfect, holy, just, and merciful character, the puzzle pieces are coming together like never before! The puzzle is shaping into a beautiful picture of God.
Praise the Lord, brother! Preach that Mercy! Preach the Love man. Let's attract those haters to this love so they can find some rest.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:43 PM

34,679 posts, read 12,067,732 times
I took some time off from this board with hopes that it would revert back to being a Christian board, but unfortunatly that has not happened. Pushers of false religion are still running rampant trying to deceive people.

They are Satan's roaring lion

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” 1 Peter 5:8, 9.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,635,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I took some time off from this board with hopes that it would revert back to being a Christian board, but unfortunatly that has not happened. Pushers of false religion are still running rampant trying to deceive people.

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 1 Peter 5:8, 9.
Command and teach these things: Jesus is the savior of the world.

And that is what universalists do.... and you are calling that "satan's roaring lion"?

Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,167,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post

Shout it from the rooftops!!! That's EXACTLY how it is with me too. The puzzle pieces having finally FIT together and shaped into the beautiful picture of God. And it grows ever more beautiful as time goes on. It's the most humbling thing... It just leaves you in such AWE of God.It's so hard to find the words to describe.

Yes, every knee will bow...
under the weight of His magnificent, GLORIOUS love.

What a picture!

WHAT A PICTURE!!!

WHAT A GLORIOUS GOD WE HAVE!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,623,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” 1 Peter 5:8, 9.
Right, you would think a Christian board would discuss things besides universalism 90% of the time. I've never seen anything like this on a Christian forum before. I was reading my Bible last night and the words from Matthew 8:21-23 flew out of the page. Next to this verse I wrote universalists. That's the first thing that the Lord put in my mind when I was reading that passage.

Edit: I meant to write Matthew 7:21-23

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 03-26-2010 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,004,508 times
Quote:
Right, you would think a Christian board would discuss things besides universalism 90% of the time. I've never seen anything like this on a Christian forum before. I was reading my Bible last night and the words from Matthew 8:21-23 flew out of the page. Next to this verse I wrote universalists. That's the first thing that the Lord put in my mind when I was reading that passage.

Awesome!

Matthew 8:21-23:
21And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
22But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. 23And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:46 PM

20,015 posts, read 20,513,942 times
Quote:
Yes if this really was a Christian forum, but clearly it's NOT. Read Colossians 2:8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity