Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 06:05 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
but you did anyway..........

No what you think is strawman argument will still God's Word for ..... SCRIPTURE DOES NOT CONTRADICT SCRIPTURE!

How to harmonize? To understand the word "believes" and "but" ...... makes all not universal

SCRIPTURE DOES NOT CONTRADICT SCRIPTURE!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

"I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever."

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
PLEASE READ WHAT I WROTE AND DON'T MISREPRESENT IT.

God's word is not a strawman.
YOUR words are.

This is what I was referring to as a strawman:
not ... " but whoever rejects the Son will be restored unto life, for God overlooks the unbelief, the sinful lifestyles of those who rejects him."

Go back and re-read my post yourself. Here is the relevant portion from post #64:

Quote:
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
Quote:
not ... " but whoever rejects the Son will be restored unto life, for God overlooks the unbelief, the sinful lifestyles of those who rejects him."
^^
This quote of twin.spin's is pure strawman and not even worth commenting on.
Are you purposely trying to misrepresent what I said, or are you just not reading what I said? PLEASE at least try to debate honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
but you did anyway..........

How to harmonize? To understand the word "believes" and "but" ...... makes all not universal

SCRIPTURE DOES NOT CONTRADICT SCRIPTURE!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

"I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever."

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Your interpretation of these verses CANNOT be harmonized with this:

God will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Clearly the Bible reveals that God's agenda is to have a holy people to call his own who willingly love and fellowship with him.
God's desire is to have a people in His image - who then free people just like He does.

Throughout the ages to come.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:44 AM

Surprisingly (or not), no one has commented on these scriptures yet. All I've seen so far is twin.spin claiming John 3:36 and Eph 5:6 contradicts the plain reading of all these verses (as if scripture can contradict scripture!). Yet those verses can be understood to be in harmony with the following:

Titus 2:11 [CEV] God has shown us how kind he is by coming to save all people.
Titus 2:11 [NIV] For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Romans 8:21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel will be saved

Luke 3:6 And all mankind will see God's salvation.

Gen 28:14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.

Rev 22:3 No longer will there be a curse upon anything.

1 Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

Job 23:13 But once he has made his decision, who can change his mind?
Whatever he wants to do, he does.

1 Tim 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the LORD

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by my own name;
I have spoken the truth,
and I will never go back on my word:
Every knee will bend to me,
and every tongue will confess allegiance to me

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:17 In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.
Psalm 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and loving toward all he has made.

Rev 15:4 Who will not fear you, O Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
Psalm 64:9 All mankind will fear
Psalm 67:7 God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.
Psalm 147:11 the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Psalm 145:19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.

1 Cor 15:55 "Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?"
56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eusebius
i wish you would quit calling god and jesus the devil. It is really offensive!

God told us to charge and teach that god will save all mankind and is the saviour of all mankind (1 timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11).

When are you going to start being obedient?

quit calling god and jesus the devil too! It gets old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I am not calling God and Jesus the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God did not tell us to teach ALL will saved because that would be a lie!!!!!!!!!

I wish you would stop listening to the devil!
God, Who is not the devil as you say He is, told us to teach that He is all mankind's Saviour (1 Timothy 4:10,11)

1 Timothy 4:9-11 KJV This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) These things command and teach.

He told us to teach that He will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all (1 Timothy 2:4-6).

You sure have a lot of gall calling God and Christ the devil! Just stop it NOW!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God, Who is not the devil as you say He is, told us to teach that He is all mankind's Saviour (1 Timothy 4:10,11)

1 Timothy 4:9-11 KJV This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) These things command and teach.

He told us to teach that He will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all (1 Timothy 2:4-6).

You sure have a lot of gall calling God and Christ the devil! Just stop it NOW!
ILNC never said any such thing.......this is a prime example of the twisting of one's words and the complete and utterly disgusting twisting of God's Word. Remove the blinders of what you want to believe and put on the eyes of God and really read the scriptures for what they say, not what you want it to say. First you must submit yourself to Jesus Christ and stop following the devil's prompting.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
ILNC never said any such thing.......this is a prime example of the twisting of one's words and the complete and utterly disgusting twisting of God's Word. Remove the blinders of what you want to believe and put on the eyes of God and really read the scriptures for what they say, not what you want it to say. First you must submit yourself to Jesus Christ and stop following the devil's prompting.
Realize that the gospel is simple, but the plan of God is as deep and unfathomable as the ocean. There is a ton of scripture that is continually overlooked or cannot be explained by fundies...

Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eusebius View Post
god, who is not the devil as you say he is, told us to teach that he is all mankind's saviour (1 timothy 4:10,11)

1 timothy 4:9-11 kjv this is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) for therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living god, who is the saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) these things command and teach.

he told us to teach that he will save all mankind because christ ransomed all (1 timothy 2:4-6).

you sure have a lot of gall calling god and christ the devil! Just stop it now!
OK, FOR THE LAST TIME, I AM NOT CALLING GOD THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO HE DID NOT COMMAND US TO TELL PEOPLE A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHICH IS WHAT TELLING PEOPLE ALL WILL SAVED IS, A LIE, THAT IS FROM THE DEVIL!!!!
YES JESUS IS THE SAVIOR FOR ALL, BUT HIS SALVATION ONLY BECOMES EFFECTIVE FOR THOSE WHO TRUST HIM!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE TO TEACH HE IS THE SAVIOR FOR ALL AND EXPLAIN HOW TO ACCEPT HIM AS OUR SAVIOR AND INSIST EVERYONE LEARN THIS, I HOPE SOMEDAY YOU WILL LEAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:39 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
OK, FOR THE LAST TIME, I AM NOT CALLING GOD THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO HE DID NOT COMMAND US TO TELL PEOPLE A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHICH IS WHAT TELLING PEOPLE ALL WILL SAVED IS, A LIE, THAT IS FROM THE DEVIL!!!!
YES JESUS IS THE SAVIOR FOR ALL, BUT HIS SALVATION ONLY BECOMES EFFECTIVE FOR THOSE WHO TRUST HIM!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE TO TEACH HE IS THE SAVIOR FOR ALL AND EXPLAIN HOW TO ACCEPT HIM AS OUR SAVIOR AND INSIST EVERYONE LEARN THIS, I HOPE SOMEDAY YOU WILL LEAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please read what ILNC just posted, it is so plain, so in your face obvious, that she writes God's truth . . . pray about it, and be open to this truth.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Realize that the gospel is simple, but the plan of God is as deep and unfathomable as the ocean. There is a ton of scripture that is continually overlooked or cannot be explained by fundies...
Wait.. are you serious? Universalists ignore dozens of verses that disprove UR.

Matthew 25: 31-46
Hebrews 10:26-31
Luke 16:23-25

Do you want me to continue listing them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity