U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 AM

6,805 posts, read 4,400,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes He is so much more than that... but if there really was an eternal hell, nothing else should matter except to get hell insurance - which IMHO is what Jesus is reduced to under your view.
I used to share the gospel by saying, "Accept him now and then you are covered either way."

So I know all about hell insurance (and I'm an insurance agent ).

Hell insurance is the gospel I was taught for 30 years or so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 06:24 AM

9,516 posts, read 3,279,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Exactly, God will save all mankind, Justice is served.
Who is Justice served through?..

Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 AM

9,516 posts, read 3,279,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
How much of the world's "believers" do exactly that, when they look at others? Jesus was big on the power of the tongue, and what we think in our heart - the depth of our character is revealed to the One who judges the heart.
I lend without desiring to get back...i do not condemn or judge others...people wrong me yet i do not hate them...i love everyone unconditionaly...but, yet i know there is a hell for those that reject God and it is Eternal...I believe this out of knowledge not fear...

Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 AM

6,176 posts, read 3,607,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I lend without desiring to get back...i do not condemn or judge others...people wrong me yet i do not hate them...i love everyone unconditionaly...but, yet i know there is a hell for those that reject God and it is Eternal...I believe this out of knowledge not fear...
You "know" there is a hell... how do you know this?

Because other men told you there is a hell?
Because a mistranslation of the scriptures tells you there is a hell?
Because people misinterpret other verses and tell you it means there is a hell?

Or do you know it in your heart? Does the idea of hell rest peacefully in your heart and make sense given our all-powerful all-wise God who is just and is love?

Is this a fruit of the spirit? Does it bring you joy, peace, and love, like all fruits of the spirit do?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:14 AM

8,830 posts, read 5,858,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

Ilene,

That is what it is about - it is each of us seeking truth individually and finding others here who have the same questions that we do and are seeking to 'know God'

We all do not agree with each other on doctrine but we all do agree that God is love and that while we were yet sinners he loved us and drew us to him --- if he does it only for some of the sinners and not other sinners, where is the justice? Why me and not my neighbour? especially when we read this

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
I know, why me and not my neighbor? Still something I'm trying to figure out. Thanks for providing these scriptures Meerkat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

Ilene,

That is what it is about - it is each of us seeking truth individually and finding others here who have the same questions that we do and are seeking to 'know God'

We all do not agree with each other on doctrine but we all do agree that God is love and that while we were yet sinners he loved us and drew us to him --- if he does it only for some of the sinners and not other sinners, where is the justice? Why me and not my neighbour? especially when we read this

Meerkat2. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for stating this

We DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE about everything - as when we fight and bicker it takes us away from what is important.

We become stronger when we realize who God really is. He is a Loving Heavenly Father. He guides our hearts to seek his Love. As you seek to love God beyond all things, you will see the Love that He has for all His children. You will see what His Will is for you, and you will consequently inspire others to recognize what God's Will is for them.
Amen!! We do not all have to agree but we DO need to all love God and seek Him out. It is definitely all about love. I feel the need to quote this scripture again:

Luke 10:26-28

26"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

28"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity