Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
If they are dead words, then you should ignore them. Don't pick and choose which "dead words" are true. Either believe in it or don't!
What a silly mindless suggestion. I not only value my intellect . . I use it. God did not inspire those primitive minds for naught. Just because they were too ignorant and savage to properly interpret and communicate the inspirations does NOT mean we can ignore them. What would be stupid in the extreme would be to believe the simplistic literal interpretations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
I don't have the mind of God, You don't have the mind of God . . .this is in his words . . . our mortal logic . . .has nothing to do with God's plan for salvation, which is believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

By their fruits, they that are saved, truly saved, will be known.

FAITH is not logical . . . we believe what we don't see . . . with our eyes . . . we need to accept God on His word, the Bible, and those verses are so crystal clear that not all will be saved . . . our logic is means squat.
But JESUS has the mind of God and He is alive and well. You need to use the guidance of the Holy Spirit to interpret what is "written in our hearts" and use the " living mind of Jesus" as the filter for the words "written in ink" to know WHAT to believe. Ask WWJD in "love of God and each other."

Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What a silly mindless suggestion. I not only value my intellect . . I use it. God did not inspire those primitive minds for naught. Just because they were too ignorant and savage to properly interpret and communicate the inspirations does NOT mean we can ignore them. What would be stupid in the extreme would be to believe the simplistic literal interpretations.
Right because everyone "back in the day" was ignorant and a savage. You give yourself too much credit.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
But JESUS has the mind of God and He is alive and well. You need to use the guidance of the Holy Spirit to interpret what is "written in our hearts" and use the " living mind of Jesus" as the filter for the words "written in ink" to know WHAT to believe. Ask WWJD in "love of God and each other."
This is the perfect example of people killing others because "God told them to do it". I'm filtering through the Bible and God told me that extramarital sex is ok so I'm going to do it because that's what was "written in my heart". I'm using the "living mind of Jesus" and He told me that stealing is okay.

Are you listening to what you are saying? People can do WHATEVER they want because it was "written in their hearts" and the "living mind of Jesus" was filtering through the words that are "written in ink".

Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Right because everyone "back in the day" was ignorant and a savage. You give yourself too much credit.
You clearly have no conception of the status of humanity 4000+ years ago . . nor at the time of Christ 2000+ years ago! Primitive and savage barely scrapes the surface of the barbarity that existed. Mel Gibson's depiction of the savagery Jesus was subjected to was pale by comparison to what He actually went through. These are humans who could slaughter babies on command and toss them in a fire pit to Baal! Educate yourself.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
You clearly have no conception of the status of humanity 4000+ years ago . . nor at the time of Christ 2000+ years ago! Primitive and savage barely scrapes the surface of the barbarity that existed. Mel Gibson's depiction of the savagery Jesus was subjected to was pale by comparison to what He actually went through. These are humans who could slaughter babies on command and toss them in a fire pit to Baal! Educate yourself.
People are people. This is why we can read the Bible and relate to so many of the stories. I really don't think people have changed much at all. Humans still do extremely barbaric things.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
This is the perfect example of people killing others because "God told them to do it". I'm filtering through the Bible and God told me that extramarital sex is ok so I'm going to do it because that's what was "written in my heart". I'm using the "living mind of Jesus" and He told me that stealing is okay.

Are you listening to what you are saying? People can do WHATEVER they want because it was "written in their hearts" and the "living mind of Jesus" was filtering through the words that are "written in ink".
Straw men. You can't really believe that Jesus would condone or encourage such beliefs. Jesus IS ALIVE you know. People not being sincere in seeking to understand what has been "written in our hearts" will always exist. Do you think falsely blaspheming the pure love of God and painting Him as a horrible monster who will "get 'em" will change that? People can do whatever they want now! Not doing evil out of fear is NOT "love of God and each other". . . so it fails to achieve what God wants from us anyway.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-24-2010 at 10:53 PM..

Old 03-24-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
People are people. This is why we can read the Bible and relate to so many of the stories. I really don't think people have changed much at all. Humans still do extremely barbaric things.
I repeat . . . educate yourself.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:

Jeremiah 31-
33“This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Jeremiah 33:8 'I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned against Me and by which they have transgressed against Me.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I repeat . . . educate yourself.
LOL You cannot accept that people have different opinions than yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity