U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,161,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
There is a section on divorce that specifies husband and wife. I do not know the exact quote but it is in there.

bigthirsty, considering you like to change the rules I have nothing else to say.

If I recall correctly that is in the annotations of article 4.

However those references to husband and wife and "she" possibly "he" as well is not a point of law and cannot be considered to imply that.

The inferences to make those claims are a matter of reading into the consitution things that are not there and stretching the wording to make implications that are not there so as to fit someones opinion.

Whether or not Gays have ever been allowed to be married as a point for why the gender references are in the constitution is not grounds to say that the constitution was ever written with the intent to prohibit it.

Many people mistake the societal norm as what is right. If that is the case then we have violated the constitution by allowing women to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 11:23 AM

How much changing of the constitution would it take to make the bible the law of the land.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 AM

4,191 posts, read 2,996,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
How much changing of the constitution would it take to make the bible the law of the land.
Actually if we went beck to the original it really wouldnt take much changing.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Actually if we went beck to the original it really wouldnt take much changing.

But you are for changing it when you agree with the changes even if someone else doesn't like how you want it changed?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
But you are for changing it when you agree with the changes even if someone else doesn't like how you want it changed?
Understood but my opinion is just as relevant as others who would like to change it for their personal views.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Understood but my opinion is just as relevant as others who would like to change it for their personal views.

I have no problem with that at all as long as you realize that you are not advocating freedom of religion if you wish to make the bible the law of the land.

What penalty are you going to suggest for those who have another God before them?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 PM

24,018 posts, read 16,649,195 times
Quote:
The Bible should be the law of the land. Nuff said, no arguement required.
Tell me Robin, which laws of the bible should be enforced and which should be ignored and who would choose? After all we can't have fathers killing their children in this day and age, now can we.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Tell me Robin, which laws of the bible should be enforced and which should be ignored and who would choose? After all we can't have fathers killing their children in this day and age, now can we.
If you understood the Bible this would not need explaining. Interprit the Bible with the Bible and you will see there would be no need for a father to kill his children.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,671,593 times
Quote:
Where have I lied, I proved that you changed the rule in the name of clarifiacation.
Saying it.. doesn't make it true Robin.. I know that is tough to hear.

Ultimately when I reply to you concerning your inability to comprehend English.. I involve myself in your circular logic of ridiculousness thus bringing me down to your trollish level.

I bid you.. adieu in this thread concerning this topic.

Tata

Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM

310 posts, read 295,253 times
Quote:
There is a section on divorce that specifies husband and wife. I do not know the exact quote but it is in there.

bigthirsty, considering you like to change the rules I have nothing else to say.
So what you're saying is that you lied about the constitution saying anything about marriage.

And furthermore you are admitting that you think the USA should be governed by sharia-style law. That would be great, yeah. Bring back slavery, oppression of women and minorities, public stonings, child abuse, animal sacrifice, et cetera. Good times for all!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity