Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,046,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So another words the legislations they have already made against sins are just fine with you but new ones would be inappropriate.
I've made no distinction of fine or not fine Robin. I've simply asked a question.

Quote:
Adultry is still a sin yet is not inforced in the legal system like it should be because the government legislates what they like.
Are you saying you'd like an enforceable law against adultery?

Quote:
You have asked this question pertaining to a topic you have asked us not to bring up and then you attack when someone makes a logical case for other areas of sin.
When have I attacked someone who makes a logical case for other areas of sin Robin?

I asked that the thread not turn towards gay marriage. Is that so hard to do?

Now Robin would you care to follow the crystal clear steps I outlined for you above in my previous post or do you wish to continue to try to hijack the thread by complaining about little old me?

Quote:
Marriage is defined by the Constitution as being husband and wife yet you want legislation to change the constitution.
Hello.. McFly!! Can you not get into gay marriage on this thread? I mean seriously.. is that such a hard thing to do?

I've been pretty patient in this thread. Even nice. But for the love of God how hard is it to follow simple directions? I'm not asking you to do quantum physics here.

Quote:
They already legislate enough of our live as it is and they have done alot of damage so far.
So you want less legistlation?

Quote:
I dont want the governement making any legislations contrary to the Bible all else is of Satan.
So do you want the government to legislate against lying?

On a personal note...

It actually baffles my brain that you and anyone else could be so confused about this thread.

I'm quickly losing faith in humanity..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 08:42 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,814,523 times
bigthirsty;13461355I've made no distinction of fine or not fine Robin. I've simply asked a question.

And you have resticted our responces

Are you saying you'd like an enforceable law against adultery?

No, what I am saying is that no laws should be contrary to the Bible.

When have I attacked someone who makes a logical case for other areas of sin Robin?

If you cannot see your own short comings no one can point them out without being attacked.

I asked that the thread not turn towards gay marriage. Is that so hard to do?

But you are clearly fighting for the subject yet tie everyones hand to fight back.

Now Robin would you care to follow the crystal clear steps I outlined for you above in my previous post or do you wish to continue to try to hijack the thread by complaining about little old me?

The crystal clear steps are clouded by your imposing more steps that were not specified in the OP.

Hello.. McFly!! Can you not get into gay marriage on this thread? I mean seriously.. is that such a hard thing to do?

I never brought it up yet you seem to bringing it up repeatedly.

I've been pretty patient in this thread. Even nice. But for the love of God how hard is it to follow simple directions? I'm not asking you to do quantum physics here.

Try following the steps of the OP and stop emposing further steps.

So you want less legistlation?

Yes

So do you want the government to legislate against lying?

It would help but no, I want thegovernment out of our lives and the Bible back in.

On a personal note...

It actually baffles my brain that you and anyone else could be so confused about this thread.

I'm quickly losing faith in humanity..

Hey you made the rules and then rewrote them.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:17 AM

310 posts, read 587,367 times
Quote:

<b>Marriage is defined by the Constitution </b>
Oh reeaaaaaaaaallllyy?? Gosh would you mind quoting that particular amendment please?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:

And you have resticted our responces
And?? If you have a problem with the thread don't post.

Quote:

No, what I am saying is that no laws should be contrary to the Bible.]
So do you feel the current laws in this country adequately meet your biblical standards?

Quote:

If you cannot see your own short comings no one can point them out without being attacked.
Robin.. the thread has 22 posts in it. It isn't that long of a thread. Surely if you are going to state that I attacked somebody you can back your accusation up by looking through the past 22 posts to find your proof. If not then you sir.. are a liar.

My patience wears thin with you young jedi..

Quote:

But you are clearly fighting for the subject yet tie everyones hand to fight back.
I'm fighting for the subject by asking that it not be addressed here..

That.Makes.No.Sense.At.All.Robin.

I'm asking that it not turn into a "gay marriage thing" because that topic is a THREAD KILLER.

In fact I'm beginning to think that by you constantly bringing it up you are TROLLING so you can have the thread shut down.

Quote:

The crystal clear steps are clouded by your imposing more steps that were not specified in the OP.
What "more steps" have I specified not in the OP Robin?

I added a step because you missed an IMPLIED step in the OP. You needed it as crystal clear as possible which I then provided that. Yet you still don't answer the question and feel the need to ***** and moan all the while in this thread.

So Robin is your intent to simply shut down the thread are do you anticipate that you'll actually provide some opinion on the matter anytime soon?

Or maybe your responses in this thread are all sarcasm..

Quote:
I never brought it up yet you seem to bringing it up repeatedly.
yeah ya did..

RIGHT HERE --->
Quote:
Marriage is defined by the Constitution as being husband and wife yet you want legislation to change the constitution.
Quote:
Try following the steps of the OP and stop emposing further steps.
What further steps have I imposed [sic] Robin??

Quote:
Yes
Wouldn't NOT having a law in this country against lying be contrary to this -->
Quote:

No, what I am saying is that no laws should be contrary to the Bible.]
?????

Quote:
It would help but no, I want thegovernment out of our lives and the Bible back in.
See example above

Quote:
Hey you made the rules and then rewrote them.
You lie. Show it. Show where I rewrote the rules Robin.

The only thing I did was add what was an implied step in the OP because you couldn't figure out what I was trying to convey. So I didn't rewrite any rules Robin. I dumbed them down to try to cut out the confusion you so aptly displayed.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
One of the reasons given against "Gay Marriage" is that some Christians just couldn't bring themselves to condoning sin.

I have no problem with that (other than thinking it is ridiculous).

However, with that back drop I was wondering the following:

What other rights of U.S. Citizens would you like to deny per your religious beliefs?

For instance:

Prohibit the sale of Alcohol? (if you believe Alcohol is prohibited per the Bible)

Prohibit divorce?

Others?

So what other sins would you like to.. legislate?

Lets PLEASE KEEP THE ISSUE OF GAY MARRIAGE OUT OF THIS THREAD.
The Bible should be the law of the land. Nuff said, no arguement required.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I would like to reiterate this statement and hope it sinks in.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
This is where you rewrote the rules
Again Robin. I didn't rewrite the rules. I clarified them for you. It was fairly implied in the OP that I was speaking about sins that aren't already legislated against.

I said the following in the OP:

Quote:
What other rights of U.S. Citizens would you like to deny per your religious beliefs?
By reading that any normal person would come to the conclusion that I was speaking about sins that weren't legislated against. You needed clarification to which I gave clarification. I didn't rewrite the rules. I clarified the rules.. for you Robin.

Quote:
and attacked me for breaking them.
So when I said:
Quote:
Let me know if this helps. Again my apology for not making this any more clear.
and
Quote:
Again my apology for not making it more crystal clear in the beginning..
You classify that as "attacking you". Gotcha.

Quote:
You clearly said any sin and I started of with a short list.
They were examples Robin. I even said that here:
Quote:
So in reading what I posted it is EASILY discern that I used "Alcohol" and "Divorce" as "Examples". I quite clearly after alcohol stated: "if you believe Alcohol is prohibited per the Bible" meaning I understand not all "Christians" think drinking Alcohol is a sin. Again.. it was an E.X.A.M.P.L.E
So the "short list" were E.X.A.M.P.L.E.S used to get the conversation started.

Quote:
Then you modified you rules by putting in the stipulation of already illegal start over again. There were many laws that have been overturned or outright ignored by the laws of the land.
Again Robin I didn't modify anything. You didn't understand what I originally posted. So I clarified and apologized TWICE for not making myself more clear.

To that you say I'm attacking you. Makes perfect sense Robin.

Quote:
You continue to attack any view other than your own and even try to bilittle any opposing view you really need to live by some sort of rules yourself before you start attacking others rules they follow.

This coming from the poster who qualifies me apologizing to him TWICE in this thread for not being more clear as an "attack".

You've posted only one "view" here Robin as it relates to the OP. Literally out of all your posts you have the following view that I haven't "belittled" at all:

Quote:

Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,917,441 times
Quote:

Good, when that happens, you can be the first to turn yourself in to the authorities, no argument required.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:27 AM

310 posts, read 587,367 times
Robin I'm still waiting with bated breath for you to show me that Constitutional amendment.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Robin I'm still waiting with bated breath for you to show me that Constitutional amendment.
There is a section on divorce that specifies husband and wife. I do not know the exact quote but it is in there.

bigthirsty, considering you like to change the rules I have nothing else to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity