Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 10:23 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times

Advertisements

A chain of N.T. Scriptures claiming Christ is Savior of all.

I submit that the entire history of exegesis contains no stranger fact than this persistent ignoring of so large a part of the New Testament. To bring this out clearly, I append the following chain of passages from a long series. They, clearly and closely linked, claim for Christ a saving empire coextensive with the race, or (perhaps) rather with the whole universe. This connection is clearly marked, for each passage suggests or contains the same central idea, and thus forms a link in a continuous chain.

This chain begins at creation, when all things were created by Christ,
who therefore, as S. PAUL implies, reconciles (re-creates) all things unto God -- Col. 1:16-20.
Hence, His work is the restitution of all things -- Acts 3:21.
He is Heir of all things -- Heb. 1:2.
The Father has given Him authority over all flesh, to give to whatsoever was given to Him eternal life -- S. John 17:2 (see original).
So all flesh shall see the salvation of God -- S. Luke 3:6.
For God, Whose counsel is immutable -- Heb. 6:17,18,
Whose attitude towards His enemies is love unchanging -- S. Luke 6:27-35,
will have all men to be saved -- 1 Tim. 2:4,
and all to come to repentance -- 2 Pet. 3:9.
He has shut all up unto unbelief, so that He may show mercy upon all -- Rom. 11:32.
For (out) of Him, as Source, and unto (or into) Him, as End, are all things whatsoever -- Rom. 11:36.
He has, therefore, put all things in subjection under Christ's feet -- Eph. 1:22.
So we are assured that God wills to gather into one all things in Christ -- Eph. 1:10.
His grace comes upon all men unto justification of life -- Rom. 5:18.
So Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands -- S. Jno. 13:3,
promises by His Cross to draw all men unto Himself -- S. John. 12:32.
For having, as stated, received all things from the Father -- S. Jno. 3:35,
all that was given comes to Him, and He loses none -- S. John. 6:37-39,
but if any stray, goes after that which is lost till He finds it -- S. Luke 15:4 ,
and so makes all things new -- Rev. 21:5.

Thus, He comes in order that ALL men may believe --- S. John. i. 7
--- that the world through Him may be saved -- S. John. 3:17.
His grace brings salvation to all men -- Tit. 2:11.
He takes away the sin of the world -- S. John. 1:29.
He gives His flesh for its life -- S. John. 6:51.
Because the gifts and calling of God are without repentance (are irrevocable) -- Rom. 11:29,
He gives life to the world -- S. John. 6:33.
He is the Light of the world -- S. John. 8:12.
He is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world -- 1 John. 2:2.
He is the Savior of all men -- 1 Tim. 4:10.
He destroys the works of the devil, not some of them only -- 1 Jno. 3:8,
and the devil himself -- Heb. 2:14.
He abolishes death -- 2 Tim. 1:10.
He is manifested to put away sin -- Heb. 9:26,
and thus subdues all things unto Himself -- Phil 3:21
(the context clearly shows this subjugation to be conformity to Himself).
He does not forget the dead, but takes the gospel to Hades -- 1 Pet. 3:19,
of which He holds the keys -- Rev. 1:18.
He is the same (Savior) for ever -- Heb. 13:8.
Thus, even the dead are evangelized -- 1 Pet. 4:6,
and death and Hades destroyed -- Rev 20:14.
All are therefore made alive in Him -- 1 Cor. 15:22.
Christ finishes, completes His work -- S. John. 17:4,
restores all things -- Acts 3:21,
and there is no more curse -- Rev. 22:2,3.
Every knee of things in heaven and earth, and under the earth, bends to Him -- Phil. 2:10.
The creation is delivered from the bondage of corruption -- Rom. 8:21,
and every creature joins in the song of praise -- Rev. 5:13.
So comes the END, when He delivers up the Kingdom to God, Who is then ALL IN ALL -- 1 Cor. 15:24-28.

--- excerted from Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin, chpt VIII "What the New Testament Teaches"
(in the public domain, available hardcopy and free download at:)
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/ChristTriumphant.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Good stuff.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:07 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Good stuff.
Yes!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:50 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
That is a chain of scriptures claiming Jesus Christ is Savior FOR all . go and do it, because if you do not do it, you will be lost..... The Lord puts before life and death,, The Lord God says `` Choose life``.......... Faith is by the action of believers....... The Lord God may nudge people to come to him and he has a lot of patience, but as the time goes past and people still reject the Lord God and a relationship with him....... he will wait,,,,but the devil will not wait,,,, you must choose a side, choose the devils kingdom and live in this world in strife against the Lord God and his dwelling place, , or turn to the Lord and get saved eternally and in this temporal life or you may not live long in the earth and are open to the roll of the dice for your longitivity...... Lord Jesus will protect you for ever, the devil will also protect you if you take his side, for example, masons can live long time..... I do not endorse that you choose the devil kingdom, but the devil will save you in this world, but not after they pass away......CHOOSE Jesus Christ and become a whole being onto God.........

Old 03-25-2010, 03:55 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Faith is by the action of believers.......
Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2) A book would not exist without an author. Our faith would not exist without God writing it on our hearts. It's not by our own doings.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
That is a chain of scriptures claiming Jesus Christ is Savior FOR all . go and do it, because if you do not do it, you will be lost..... The Lord puts before life and death,, The Lord God says `` Choose life``.......... Faith is by the action of believers....... The Lord God may nudge people to come to him and he has a lot of patience, but as the time goes past and people still reject the Lord God and a relationship with him....... he will wait,,,,but the devil will not wait,,,, you must choose a side, choose the devils kingdom and live in this world in strife against the Lord God and his dwelling place, , or turn to the Lord and get saved eternally and in this temporal life or you may not live long in the earth and are open to the roll of the dice for your longitivity...... Lord Jesus will protect you for ever, the devil will also protect you if you take his side, for example, masons can live long time..... I do not endorse that you choose the devil kingdom, but the devil will save you in this world, but not after they pass away......CHOOSE Jesus Christ and become a whole being onto God.........
While I understand God has created a limited power to choose in most men and that we are judged for our deeds, in particular here, our use of our wills, it is good to point out what in the "old" covenant was said about our "choice" compared to the "new" covenant.

Those with whom God was entering into that "old" covenant at the giving of the law were told to "choose." Scripture says the law cannot perfect anything. "If there was a law that could give life it would have been given." That, "What the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son..." (Rm 8:3) made an end to any expectation for victory over all that is destroying man to be overcome by the Adamic nature. Jesus brought the victory by His incarnation, death, descent, being raised incorruptible and ascending. Both sides of this "new" covenant in Jesus blood is kept by God. Jesus says, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you..."

"New" Covenant, Grace:
"Not you choose Me, but I choose you, and I appoint you, that you may be going away and be bringing forth much fruit, and your fruit may be remaining, that anything whichsoever you should be requesting the Father in My name, He will be giving it to you." (John 15:16, CLT)

"Old" Covenant, Law:
[19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: [20] That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he [is] thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. (Deu 30:19-20 KJV)

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 03-25-2010 at 04:39 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 04:36 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
"Not you choose Me, but I choose you, and I appoint you, that you may be going away and be bringing forth much fruit, and your fruit may be remaining, that anything whichsoever you should be requesting the Father in My name, He will be giving it to you." (John 15:16, CLT)
And that is lost to most Christians today - His plan to use those who overcome, to bear His image and become the sons of God, whom creation is groaning for its liberation. (Rom 8:22)

He will be revealed in them - and then it's on!!

"Behold, I make ALL THINGS NEW!"

Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
A chain of N.T. Scriptures claiming Christ is Savior of all.

I submit that the entire history of exegesis contains no stranger fact than this persistent ignoring of so large a part of the New Testament. To bring this out clearly, I append the following chain of passages from a long series. They, clearly and closely linked, claim for Christ a saving empire coextensive with the race, or (perhaps) rather with the whole universe. This connection is clearly marked, for each passage suggests or contains the same central idea, and thus forms a link in a continuous chain.

This chain begins at creation, when all things were created by Christ,
who therefore, as S. PAUL implies, reconciles (re-creates) all things unto God -- Col. 1:16-20.
Hence, His work is the restitution of all things -- Acts 3:21.
He is Heir of all things -- Heb. 1:2.
The Father has given Him authority over all flesh, to give to whatsoever was given to Him eternal life -- S. John 17:2 (see original).
So all flesh shall see the salvation of God -- S. Luke 3:6.
For God, Whose counsel is immutable -- Heb. 6:17,18,
Whose attitude towards His enemies is love unchanging -- S. Luke 6:27-35,
will have all men to be saved -- 1 Tim. 2:4,
and all to come to repentance -- 2 Pet. 3:9.
He has shut all up unto unbelief, so that He may show mercy upon all -- Rom. 11:32.
For (out) of Him, as Source, and unto (or into) Him, as End, are all things whatsoever -- Rom. 11:36.
He has, therefore, put all things in subjection under Christ's feet -- Eph. 1:22.
So we are assured that God wills to gather into one all things in Christ -- Eph. 1:10.
His grace comes upon all men unto justification of life -- Rom. 5:18.
So Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands -- S. Jno. 13:3,
promises by His Cross to draw all men unto Himself -- S. John. 12:32.
For having, as stated, received all things from the Father -- S. Jno. 3:35,
all that was given comes to Him, and He loses none -- S. John. 6:37-39,
but if any stray, goes after that which is lost till He finds it -- S. Luke 15:4 ,
and so makes all things new -- Rev. 21:5.

Thus, He comes in order that ALL men may believe --- S. John. i. 7
--- that the world through Him may be saved -- S. John. 3:17.
His grace brings salvation to all men -- Tit. 2:11.
He takes away the sin of the world -- S. John. 1:29.
He gives His flesh for its life -- S. John. 6:51.
Because the gifts and calling of God are without repentance (are irrevocable) -- Rom. 11:29,
He gives life to the world -- S. John. 6:33.
He is the Light of the world -- S. John. 8:12.
He is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world -- 1 John. 2:2.
He is the Savior of all men -- 1 Tim. 4:10.
He destroys the works of the devil, not some of them only -- 1 Jno. 3:8,
and the devil himself -- Heb. 2:14.
He abolishes death -- 2 Tim. 1:10.
He is manifested to put away sin -- Heb. 9:26,
and thus subdues all things unto Himself -- Phil 3:21
(the context clearly shows this subjugation to be conformity to Himself).
He does not forget the dead, but takes the gospel to Hades -- 1 Pet. 3:19,
of which He holds the keys -- Rev. 1:18.
He is the same (Savior) for ever -- Heb. 13:8.
Thus, even the dead are evangelized -- 1 Pet. 4:6,
and death and Hades destroyed -- Rev 20:14.
All are therefore made alive in Him -- 1 Cor. 15:22.
Christ finishes, completes His work -- S. John. 17:4,
restores all things -- Acts 3:21,
and there is no more curse -- Rev. 22:2,3.
Every knee of things in heaven and earth, and under the earth, bends to Him -- Phil. 2:10.
The creation is delivered from the bondage of corruption -- Rom. 8:21,
and every creature joins in the song of praise -- Rev. 5:13.
So comes the END, when He delivers up the Kingdom to God, Who is then ALL IN ALL -- 1 Cor. 15:24-28.

--- excerted from Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin, chpt VIII "What the New Testament Teaches"
(in the public domain, available hardcopy and free download at
Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity