Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 05:21 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,562,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The scriptures certainly do without a shadow of a doubt that He is far more wonderful than we could ever think or imagine
Where do the Scriptures say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Where do the Scriptures say that?
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

Old 03-28-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"
For those who love him. For those who honor him.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
For those who love him. For those who honor him.
Ok i will no longer be loving to those who hate me , dishonor me , scorn me,smite me on the cheek , say all manner of things about me, i will react just like i did without fail before i ever knew the transforming power of God's love towards mankind (which includes the most vile of the human race which i without Him in my life would continue to be)

Or i could believe the gospel of bad news which you believe in which is exclusive to only those who become a christian and within moments of becoming a christian forget the great mercy you was shown and the debt you could never had paid yourself.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Ok i will no longer be loving to those who hate me
You didn't die on the cross, so you'd best not say that.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
You didn't die on the cross, so you'd best not say that.
Ok i will rip the beatitudes out of the bible because we are not to be christ like .

If only you could hear what you are saying .

Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Ok i will rip the beatitudes out of the bible because we are not to be christ like .
So when do we see you walk on water? Rise from the dead? Ascend into heaven?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
So when do we see you walk on water? Rise from the dead? Ascend into heaven?
Do you not understand that we are called to love all without any regard to how bad they appear in your eyes, even if they do not honor God and curse Him.
So what has this stupid question got to do with anything ?

What part of loving your enemies are you having a hard time understanding ?

Do you think God does not love His enemies but wants us to love them ?
Are you so spiritually dead that you believe such a lie ?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Do you not understand that we are called to love all without any regard to how bad they appear in your eyes, even if they do not honor God and curse Him.
Who calls on God to do likewise?

Other than sinners?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Who calls on God to do likewise?

Other than sinners?
Huh ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity