U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:08 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,820,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
How is Salvation through Jesus . . . .????
Isn't it Jesus who died on the cross all those years ago for your sins? But he did not die for the ungodly?

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

What sin is left unpaid? Christ did it all once and for ALL.

John 4:42 and they were saying to the woman, "It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world."

1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

Romans 5:6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

If Christ saved YOU when you were powerless how is it you think he will not save all those who are powerless and ungodly?

How can you not see the scriptural validity that Christ is the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD? It is plain in scripture.

Quote:
We agree that Salvation having to do with Jesus Christ.

For believers, we believe he is the Messiah . . . . .

Jesus was asked repeatedly, what must a person do to gain salvation??????

Do???? A person must do??????

He gave the answers . . .
And what answers are those?

Quote:
Why did Jesus come and go through a horrendous violent death?
As listed above... TO SAVE THE WORLD! But you say he doesn't save the ungodly because they are ungodly... that makes no sense! You were powerless and not worthy of salvation yet here you are claiming you are saved but not the other guy who is powerless and not worthy of salvation .... Tell me.. what makes you so special that you would be saved from ungodliness but someone else would not?

And if Jesus is plainly the savior of the world how come you believe he did not save the world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 12:33 PM

5,945 posts, read 2,965,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
How is Salvation through Jesus . . . .????

We agree that Salvation having to do with Jesus Christ.

For believers, we believe he is the Messiah . . . . .

Jesus was asked repeatedly, what must a person do to gain salvation??????

Do???? A person must do??????

He gave the answers . . .

Why did Jesus come and go through a horrendous violent death?
Lifesigns, I certainly agree that we must DO something but Jesus Christ has the copyright on GOOD Works. Any we do are to His Praise and not ours. I'm a believing that Jesus Christ is SO Powerful that He can and will take away the works of all men so that we ALL perform His Works.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:48 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,691,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, according to UR everyone is saved. I was just wondering when God saved Hitler. Was it before he shot his wife and himself, or after it.

The Bible says YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN in order to be saved.

The question "what must I do to be saved" was asked in the Bible. See below, and note that the answer was not "don't worry about it, everyone is automatically saved, as teached by the false religions.

Acts 16:25-33 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose. 27The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. 28But Paul shouted, "Don't harm yourself! We are all here!"

29The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

31They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household." 32Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized.
Ding, Ding, Ding! What is Jesus's answer? Does it go along with UR? Does it?! Turn from the deceiver's lie which is universalism!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Ding, Ding, Ding! What is Jesus's answer? Does it go along with UR? Does it?!
Funny that if HE believes in Jesus his household is saved too! THEN the household is preached to... I find that interesting... Why was the household saved before they believed?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:29 PM

9,502 posts, read 5,149,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Funny that if HE believes in Jesus his household is saved too! THEN the household is preached to... I find that interesting... Why was the household saved before they believed?
Are you entertaining yourself.......?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:54 PM

35,851 posts, read 12,984,693 times
Quote:
You doubt the word of God, even when the answer is right there in front of you. But then again, you admitted you come here just to play games.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:06 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,384,699 times
The ETer's want the faith of the UR's but God has not yet appointed their time to partake in it, through regeneration of the Spirit. These guys still have a lot of "fire" to go through. Their fleshly carnal thinking and the works thereof need to be purged and burned up. But in due time, through sanctification, it will happen. The Lord is a consuming fire.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:08 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,971,902 times
Forget UR for a moment and try to focus on what the scriptures say. The whole process of salvation from start to finish is of God, not man.

Many here don't want to admit that.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 PM

2,933 posts, read 2,206,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
This thread has been interesting. Free will and all.

I believe that the Arminians were considered "heretics" at one point or was it the Calvinists?

And I believed the Catholics denounced the lot of them as deserving of fire.

Sigh......

WHO THEN CAN BE SAVED?

(How exactly was the number of saved innumerable again?)
Herefornow,

I think that there is a huge difference between the flesh and the spirit.

I also think that in scripture the phrase in scripture saved can refer to either physical salvation of the Jews from the wrath that was coming to them as a nation in 70AD as well as spiritual salvation from sin and death.

What I think is there is a difference between being saved from wrath and being regenerated by the Spirit. Being regenerated by the Spirit is not up to us that is what God does - we do have the choice to save ourselves from wrath.

Some verses that to point to the carnal being destroyed in all is :-

1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

1Co 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Mar 9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
Mar 9:50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You doubt the word of God, even when the answer is right there in front of you. But then again, you admitted you come here just to play games.
Doubt the word of God? I uphold the word of God that has apparently been overlooked for centuries....God will have all men come to him... God can wipe out all transgressions... it is for his name sake that he gives mercy....

All these things and yet you doubt that God can save ALL MEN?

Will it take God standing in front of you showing you that all men are accounted for before you stop telling God that what he wills isn't good enough? That what God wants (to save all men) isn't right or just?

That is the funny thing..... I stated that I like to come here and post for the same reason I play games online... (it is entertaining and I enjoy it) but you twist that to say I like to come here to play games?

LOL Are you a native english speaker or what?

Here's what I REALLY posted:
Quote:
The same reason I play games online.. I enjoy it.

I believe the bible is the written word of God... (you just assume I am lying when I say that.)
See how you misrepresent what people say? It's a terrible habit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity