U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,379,434 times

Advertisements

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these " " for what they were and summoned men to fight against them." God's truth! In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. ...Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.

"sin against the will of eternal Providence"...

Providence did not bestow her reward on the victorious sword, but "followed the law of eternal retribution."

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THESE QUOTES COME FROM?????

And how does this tie in with THE USE OF THE WORD ETERNAL/ politics/religion/fear in our churches and around the world.......

Maybe this is being a bit harsh......Just want people to understand how fear and the word "eternal" gets people "fired up."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 03:44 PM

I hate to answer my own post.

Maybe nobody figured it out? Or too controversial?

Those quotes from my above post came from Adolf Hitler. He made many, many speeches that sounded very "Christian." He often sounded like a Baptist preacher.

My point was that in bringing in "eternal retribution" and using verses from the Bible (synagogue of Satan, calling people children of the devil) and such into his speeches, I guess it is no wonder that the German churches were so caught up in him......

I have told my children, quite often, that when somebody uses the Bible for ANY HATRED AGAINST A GROUP OR INDIVIDUAL that spirit is not of Christ.

Christ made many harsh statements against the Pharisees who were trying to kill him and stop him from showing his love for other people.

There is no problem with, in true sadness, humility, and concern, correcting others from the Bible or teaching more about who Christ was and what God wants from us and others. But, we are supposed to judge ourselves first. Take the plank from our own eye. And gently correct.

Just some thoughts.........

Last edited by herefornow; 03-27-2010 at 04:06 PM..

Old 03-27-2010, 09:01 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I hate to answer my own post.

Maybe nobody figured it out? Or too controversial?

Those quotes from my above post came from Adolf Hitler. He made many, many speeches that sounded very "Christian." He often sounded like a Baptist preacher.

I have told my children, quite often, that when somebody uses the Bible for ANY HATRED AGAINST A GROUP OR INDIVIDUAL that spirit is not of Christ.

Just some thoughts.........
Too controversial...

A wise gauge. I wholeheartedly agree!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Too controversial...

A wise gauge. I wholeheartedly agree!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Nobody ever guessed who gave that little speech in the first post.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:40 PM

3,576 posts, read 451,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Nobody ever guessed who gave that little speech in the first post.
Not me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity