Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 02:31 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
How about some more Isaiah:

Isa 26:9 …………..: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Isaiah 26:9 "All night long I searched for you earnestly I seek for God. For only when you come to judge the earth will people turn from wickedness and do what is right. Your kindness to the wicked does not make them do good. They keep doing wrong and take no notice of the Lord's majesty".

This does not support UR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 02:43 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Isaiah 26:9 "All night long I searched for you earnestly I seek for God. For only when you come to judge the earth will people turn from wickedness and do what is right. Your kindness to the wicked does not make them do good. They keep doing wrong and take no notice of the Lord's majesty".

This does not support UR

That in fact does support UR, you just cannot see it ...

Gods wrath is in his judgment ... While he is not judging them in wrath they are not noticing his glory and keep doing wrong. But when he judges them then they will "turn from wickedness" and he will then show mercy to them.

Isa 57:17-18
For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart. I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You wrote ...

So it is God that drags people to the cross and reveals himself to people, gives them faith so that they will believe, and gives them repentance as well. Indeed it is God that chooses us and fashions us into vessels of mercy ...

So then if ET is true, then God chooses not to reveal himself to most of his creation and chooses not to give them faith or repentance so that they remain in bondage to sin and unbelief so that they will be doomed to everlasting torment ... And you call this justice?

The true nature of the doctrine of ET reveals itself to be what it has always been ... A doctrine of demons.
Amen

Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:

Isa 57:17-18
For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart. I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
Who is Isa 57 about? What is it about? Who is His and Him, who is being healed? Who was smote? Who had the iniquity of his covetness?

It does not support UR.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Welcome back!
Thanks...I thought I never left

Quote:
It seems like you are meandering down the same path of trying to separate yourself from God's judgments and decrees?
How?

Quote:
What about: “I don't call you servants any longer, because the servant doesn't know what the master's doing; but I've called you friends"
?

And: ""who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ".
?

And: "But God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the deep things of God"
?

Seems like God isn't trying to put up the mystery divider thing that some people use to not question.

Anyway, I would love it if you would participate in the thread.
The mystery divider is Christ, and the deep things of God, having the mind of Christ, is to know the quintessential purpose of Christ....Fulfillment, Death, Resurrection, Redemption. That's it. That's having the mind of Christ....IMO of course. I suggest reading Isaiah 40 for a good study on the mind of Christ, the counsel of God, and the real meat and potatoes of this mistranslated verse that has done some serious damage to its interpretation.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:43 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Who is Isa 57 about? What is it about? Who is His and Him, who is being healed? Who was smote? Who had the iniquity of his covetness?

It does not support UR.
Right, it does not support UR because no verses in the Bible support UR! Verse 20 "But those who still reject Me are like the restless sea. It is never still but continually churns up mire and dirt".

Old 04-06-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:

It does not support UR.
Of course in your opinion nothing does.

In answer to your question the he in Isaiah 57 is the proverbial "he" that represents the seed of adulterers, harlots and of sorcerers ... Read the whole chapter and you see for yourself.

He represents in general all the evil people on the planet ... God is not a respecter of person, however much you might desire to believe that he is ...

Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Right, it does not support UR because no verses in the Bible support UR! Verse 20 "But those who still reject Me are like the restless sea. It is never still but continually churns up mire and dirt".
That is to say those who reject him except for those like Nebuchadnezzar and Saul ... right?

Old 04-06-2010, 07:13 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Thanks...I thought I never left

The mystery divider is Christ, and the deep things of God, having the mind of Christ, is to know the quintessential purpose of Christ....Fulfillment, Death, Resurrection, Redemption. That's it. That's having the mind of Christ....IMO of course. I suggest reading Isaiah 40 for a good study on the mind of Christ, the counsel of God, and the real meat and potatoes of this mistranslated verse that has done some serious damage to its interpretation.
Just hadn't seen you around for a few days.

I would like to have participation in this thread from believers in eternal torment. Care to jump in?

Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Of course in your opinion nothing does.

In answer to your question the he in Isaiah 57 is the proverbial "he" that represents the seed of adulterers, harlots and of sorcerers ... Read the whole chapter and you see for yourself.

He represents in general all the evil people on the planet ... God is not a respecter of person, however much you might desire to believe that he is ...
The pronouns refer to Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity