U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2010, 04:05 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,434,631 times
Exclamation Lost Loved Ones in Hell Erased from Memory?

When I ask eternal hell believers about being happy in heaven while their lost loved ones (friends, mom, son, father, wife, brother, daughter, grand kids, co-workers *insert relation*) are being tormented for endless eons they (generally) answer "The former things are passed away - I won't even remember them".

Which begs the question, why? If it's good and right and just and holy and pure that they are there, what's the problem with remembering? It's what they really wanted (I am told), right?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 AM

6,170 posts, read 3,598,821 times
Bring on the Lobotomy.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:03 AM

354 posts, read 407,709 times
maybe because memory comes from the brain and well the brain dies with you right? i dont know. i never died before.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:47 PM

9,078 posts, read 4,453,092 times
Because those who are believers now will be your family in heaven, not the earthly ones. Jesus said:

Matthew 12:47
Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."

He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?"

Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Old 03-27-2010, 02:42 PM

4,345 posts, read 3,434,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because those who are believers now will be your family in heaven, not the earthly ones. Jesus said:

Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."

Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
So - you believe you will remember them clearly but will sort of disown them all so it won't be a big deal?

Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM

4,366 posts, read 2,288,906 times
In the Word of God Revelations 21 :4 After Judgement Day -`` God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death , neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain for the former things are passed away``......... Some people believe the tears are for the lost ministries that could have taken place, and some people believe the tears are for the lost who rejected the truth and believed the lie of the adversery... what ever the tears are for it will not be easy for any one even the Lord God..........

Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 PM

9,078 posts, read 4,453,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
So - you believe you will remember them clearly
No,

Quote:
but will sort of disown them all
no,

Quote:
so it won't be a big deal?
and no.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:08 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,391,355 times
Quote:
No,

no,

and no.
So you won't remember them and you won't care? I don't get it.. what will happen when you are in heaven while your loved ones are in hell?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM

19,979 posts, read 19,766,076 times
Quote:

Old 03-27-2010, 06:16 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,391,355 times
Quote:

So are you saying that Mary is in hell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity