Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No that is not my point, my point is "If you commit the least of these you have commited them all".

Sin is sin in Gods eyes whether you are a murderer or an overindulger they are the same in Gods eyes.

I know that is your point, so please answer my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
From Jesus. And the apostles.
Where? All sins are equal where does it say otherwise.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Only our self righteousness are filthy rags..God didn't create us as filthy rags and we are not, unless we dwell on our own prideful selfrighteousness to the point that we take it upon ourselves to be the judge and jury of our brothers and sisters in Christ and the ones who follow a different belief..

Personally I do not call drinking too much diet pepsi or watching too much TV is a sin..How much is too much? When does it become a sin? Is it a sin to be watching other people with an eagle eye to catch their sin? Are there really small, medium and large sins?
Do we have any righteousness outside of Christ?

Our personal perspective is irrelevant only Gods perspective is relevant.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
How can you live by the 2 great commandments if you are not willing to love yourself? How can you experience love if you turn a blind eye to sin? We as a whole, Christian and non Christian have compromised the truth of love so often we cant even recognize love for what it is and settle for what it isnt.
Wait.

WHERE did I say anything about "not willing to love yourself"???
Show me.
Where?

My question to you is how can you experience love if your focus is on sin and death?

Now, I really got to go to work.
peace.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Everyone sins, so it's all moot. I'm sitting here watching my Sony 52" flat screen TV. I suggest the OP start enjoying life, instead of telling others how to live.
Please show me where I have told anyone how to live?

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Wait.

WHERE did I say anything about "not willing to love yourself"???
Show me.
Where?

My question to you is how can you experience love if your focus is on sin and death?

Now, I really got to go to work.
peace.
I did not say you said anything. Everyones actions speak for themselves. And where I focused on sin? I merely brought up a thought provoking idea. I have not accused or attacked, merely pointed out where our thinking is flawed.

Do you think it not loving if you point out where someone else may be going astray? I believe this is a focus on love if you love someone enough to not ignore their transgressions.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
In John 19:10-11, we read Jesus' conversation with Pilate:

"Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin."

Here, the Savior himself made a comparison between sins. It's hard for me to imagine how anyone could seriously believe that God views over-eating, for instance, in the same way as He views murder.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Do you believe everyone dies while holding on to these small sins you speak of?
No, repentance is love for God and many repent daily for sins they may not realize they commit.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:21 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,134 times
Quote:
  • John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
  • Luke 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
In John 19:10-11, we read Jesus' conversation with Pilate:

"Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin."

Here, the Savior himself made a comparison between sins. It's hard for me to imagine how anyone could seriously believe that God views over-eating, for instance, in the same way as He views murder.
It is not the actual sin that is any worse than another, it is the persons heart that is worse than anothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity