Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I pray that you realize how dangerous this assessment is...
I pray that God gives you the faith to actually believe those verses I supplied. The only danger it poses is to your religiosity.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:34 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The scriptures have been posted many times.
Oh, dear. What a pity someone hasn't burned the argument to ashes on a great and shining pyre, because these Scriptures don't help it one tiny bit.

Quote:
Romans 2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
Psalm 22:29 all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him
Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you;
they sing praise to you,
they sing praise to your name."
Selah

Psalm 67:3 May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.
4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you rule the peoples justly
and guide the nations of the earth.
Selah
Those don't indicate willingness, and nor do any others. Why do I have to repeat myself with you people? Have you seen my scale of fees?

Quote:
Isaiah 45:23 [from NASB version] "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

The word 'allegiance' is not present in the Hebrew text. The passage indicates the opposite of that claimed:

'Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, 'In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength.'" All who have raged against him will come to him and be put to shame. But in the Lord all the descendants of Israel will be found righteous and will exult.' NIV

Shame!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:36 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Meerkat, I hope you don't mind my copy/pasting a part of this link:

I have read the book, "Hitler's Biography" and in it was the account that Hitler's grandmother was impregnated by her employer who happened to be a Jew (I don't know if this true) making him partly Jew...?
Thanks!!

I had heard a rumour that he was part Jewish.

Hitler's Jewish Ancestry

Old 03-31-2010, 05:36 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Probably because his experience with the religion of "Christianity" was from a Father who beat and abused both his brother and him, and to him it was not good news but oppression.
Nonsense.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:53 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I pray that God gives you the faith to actually believe those verses I supplied. The only danger it poses is to your religiosity.
First of all...I'm not religious...as to what "religious" means to mainstream Christianity...but I do believe in our Saviour/Redeemer...The LORD JESUS CHRIST...and LOVING GOD AND NEIGHBOR AS WE LOVE OURSELVES...and GOD'S MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER...neither do I question your belief. With your intensity...I believe that you have God's interest in mind.

But let us be responsible for how we present our "idea" of salvation to others...especially to those who do not have a full comprehension of what it entails.

Hitler espoused the doctrine of ET...and felt free to exercise it...almost to the point of wiping out those he believed were sinners and/or inferior to the Aryan race.

The issue I'm concern about is the assessment that would give murderers the "license" to KILL...because in their mind...all they have to do is repent afterwards and be okay or that they're doing God's work!

Almost everyday...we hear of crimes committed by those who claimed to hear God commanding them to kill.

That indeed is DANGEROUS!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Hitler heard the gospel when he was alive.

What gospel, exactly? The LAW OF ETERNAL RETRIBUTION. Check out some of his speeches on why the Jews needed to be executed and why he was a devoted Christian. I really don't think he ever grasped the Good News.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,921,471 times
He will be ALL in ALL.
ALL includes Hitler.

Personally, I would love to see and talk to Hitler in heaven. Those who were among the MOST lost, those who walked the FARTHEST in the darkness of this life... will be among those with the loudest PRAISES, and the most amazing testimonies of redemption. How beautiful the picture...

Hitler redeemed.

Half of my family is Jewish.
Gee, imagine that.

Only God could put THAT kind of love in a person's heart. To look forward to their ancestor's murderer being redeemed and filled with His Spirit. Love OVERCOMES ALL. LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

THIS is the GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

wake up people.
My GOD! WAKE UP!!

LOVE HAS ALREADY WON.

Every single last act of NON-love will be overturned.

He will be ALL in ALL.

Every single thing makes sense.
All of it.
Everything in this life makes perfect sense to me.

There is not one shred of hypocrisy in the perfect plan of GOD.
The TRUE Good News.

The books of life...
all testimonies to the power of HIS LOVE.

So many don't get it, don't understand...
but that has absolutely NO power to stop HIS plan.
For GOD conceals and reveals. And THAT is ALSO part of His plan.
Those who fight and foam at the mouth against it... it's just not their time to see it yet. That's all. That's all... Everyone in his/her own time according to HIS will. We are all brothers and sisters.

Seeing the truth of the POWER of His love, the SHEER MAJESTY of it ALL... is a blessing.

There is NOTHING anyone on this earth can do to me that would make me NOT love them. I do not love the darkness they may be IN, but I can find it within to keep LOVING. Because I know GOD has the last word. Whatever DARKNESS was in someone's heart that would cause them to hurt me, I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt, that that person WILL BE HEALED and THEY TOO will shout praises to Him and will SWEAR Allegiance to Him on BENDED KNEE. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. This is what the GOOD NEWS, the REAL GOOD NEWS does to you. It allows you to see others through HIS eyes. You see PAST what a person **IS NOW** to what God will help them BECOME. A glorious SON OF GOD. This is how we LOVE OUR ENEMIES. This is HOW we love our neighbors (all of creation) as ourselves. Fight the darkness within a person, but LOVE the person. Because He has given us the mind of Christ and we can see THROUGH HIS EYES. His fire is a REFINING fire. A REFINING fire. It WILL destroy the dross within us all. Was Jesus' death on the cross... not a big enough CLUE to the LOVE He has for us??

LOVE HAS ALREADY WON.
His plan is perfect.
I have 100% faith.
And it fills me with unspeakable JOY and LIFE!
HOW Great our Creator is!

peace...
sparrow

Old 03-31-2010, 07:48 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
He will be ALL in ALL.
ALL includes Hitler.

Personally, I would love to see and talk to Hitler in heaven. Those who were among the MOST lost, those who walked the FARTHEST in the darkness of this life... will be among those with the loudest PRAISES, and the most amazing testimonies of redemption. How beautiful the picture...
Yes, you can talk to him, but it won't be in heaven. Thankfully you are still alive and can repent and know the true Lord of lords.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:49 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Yes, you can talk to him, but it won't be in heaven. Thankfully you are still alive and can repent and know the true Lord of lords.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,921,471 times
What our beautiful God (so FULL of glory) has put into MY heart... no man can take from me.

peace,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity