Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Not all. Nobody has to sin. Nobody has to be justified.
We were made sinners Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
both are not options for us to choose, based on our will, but on Gods will and pleasure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There are people from all walks of life that are hated without cause from the color of their skin to their outward appearance to what they believe , to what country they maybe from.

Much of the time it's christians dishing it out (Fred Phelps and friends), and i honestly believe he is only doing much of what christians are thinking in their hearts.
No-one knows who is a Christian. One can often know who is not.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
We were made sinners Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners
That's Paul's poetic allegory. Any act that is involuntary is not sin.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
ans

What do you think that Romans 5:18-19 is saying?
I'm done speculating to prevent further confusion...I'll just do my best to OBEY the commands: "Love GOD and your neighbor as yourself...do this and you shall live" I'll leave it up to my Saviour and Redeemer the rest, for ONLY HE KNOWS the heart of man.

Too much confusion...too much self-righteousness,too much pride...to the point where any semblance of LOVE is overlooked! We can do this around and around, back and forth, on and off like a lightbulb...with boomerang effect...until Jesus comes.

How many threads have been started with the same contentions? Have we witnessed any threads that had been successful in their intent without being closed by MOD? I haven't!

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust,let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still:and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

I myself am (guilty) included in this lamentation.

Peace!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:17 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I'm done speculating to prevent further confusion...I'll just do my best to OBEY the commands: "Love GOD and your neighbor as yourself...do this and you shall live" I'll leave it up to my Saviour and Redeemer the rest, for ONLY HE KNOWS the heart of man.

Too much confusion...too much self-righteousness,too much pride...to the point where any semblance of LOVE is overlooked! We can do this around and around, back and forth, on and off like a lightbulb...with boomerang effect...until Jesus comes.

How many threads have been started with the same contentions? Have we witnessed any threads that had been successful in their intent without being closed by MOD? I haven't!

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust,let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still:and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Peace!

Fair enough

Old 04-02-2010, 03:15 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"Christ died for our sins, He was entombed and the third day He arose from the dead" (see 1 Cor.15:1-4). Surely His death is what saves us.

So, getting back to the OP of this thread . . . The Jews and Romans who murdered Christ are saved by their murdering Christ. Since Christ died for our sins, He died also for the sins of murdering Him.

Only God could do this.

And since Christ is alive, no one will be considered a murderer who murdered Christ. But as I stated earlier they will need to be judged or set right as to the intent of their hearts in what they did.
The ones responsible for the death of Jesus had to pay the penalty of that crime. I am not here to sway your beliefs, only to give you a different version of the truth. You must know the Laws of God work without interferrence. You must also know, no man can save another from sin. That is something that has to be reconned through the Laws of God. Anyone, no matter who, that commits murder against one of God's children, must pay the penalty. That includes those who had murdered Jesus. You believe the bible, I don't and that is where our truths differ.

I know that Christians of today will not be ready to receive these statements as true, because of the long years of belief in these things that have obtained during the centuries. Why men should want to believe in these representations of things that never happened it is hard to understand, for in themselves that have no significance except that mere endeavor to make as dramatic and impressive on humanity the wonderful circumstances that they allege surrounded the death of Jesus. If they will only think, they must realize that the death of Jesus, accompanied by all the startling environments described in the Bible did not afford one iota of help in way of saving a human soul or teaching that soul the true way to the Father's Kingdom. His life is what had the effect and not his death; and the sooner men learn that Truth the sooner will they learn the fact that no death of Jesus could save them from themselves, or show them the way to the Celestial Kingdom.

I know that men will not want to believe what I have written, and continue in their belief that all these tragic circumstances surrounded the death of Jesus. And I suppose that this belief will continue with them for a long time to come. But what I have said is true, and no man can by any possible workings of God's laws find any hope or assurance of immortality in these things.You may ask me how I know that Jesus uttered no words at the time of his death, and I can answer by saying that he told me so himself.
He has not been present to-night at any of the churches where his death on the cross is celebrated, (Christmas) and will not be until after the time of the great worship and adoration of him by the churches has gone by. This worship is all very distasteful to him and are such that he does not desire to witness, and hence, he remains in his home in the high Celestial Spheres. He desires men to worship only the One True Father that he worships, and thus receive the true benediction of the Father.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:28 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

Peace!
I think part of the problem is that many who post here, though they call themselves "Christians" because they "go to this or that church" but actually are nothing more than pagans in reality.

Oh they might have asked Christ into their heart, or asked Christ to be Lord of their life, or repented and got baptized, or whatever the latest crap is. But none of those things saves a person. And so these unregenerate paganized "Christians" will never, in this lifetime, see the wonderful truths of Paul's epistles concerning God's ultimate plan for mankind. And so they voice their dissaproval at the truths of God saving all (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10) reconciling all (Col.1:20) all being made righteous and justified (Rom.5:18,19) and a host of other scriptures.

And some might very well be genuine Christians but are extremely stunted in their growth or just very immature in their growth and so they can't yet see God's ultimate for all mankind.

And thus the contentions.

But we are trying to help those who truly are Christians. For God tells us to charge and teach that He is all mankind's Saviour (1 Tim.4:11) not just their potential Saviour. Oh, and since we are on this subject, why are you disobedient to the charge to teach these things? Huh? Well? I'm waiting.

The fact is that the men that murdered Christ did it with evil intent. Yet the very murder they committed is the very thing that is going to save them and what saved some of us now.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The ones responsible for the death of Jesus had to pay the penalty of that crime. I am not here to sway your beliefs, only to give you a different version of the truth. You must know the Laws of God work without interferrence. You must also know, no man can save another from sin. That is something that has to be reconned through the Laws of God. Anyone, no matter who, that commits murder against one of God's children, must pay the penalty. That includes those who had murdered Jesus. You believe the bible, I don't and that is where our truths differ.

I know that Christians of today will not be ready to receive these statements as true, because of the long years of belief in these things that have obtained during the centuries. Why men should want to believe in these representations of things that never happened it is hard to understand, for in themselves that have no significance except that mere endeavor to make as dramatic and impressive on humanity the wonderful circumstances that they allege surrounded the death of Jesus. If they will only think, they must realize that the death of Jesus, accompanied by all the startling environments described in the Bible did not afford one iota of help in way of saving a human soul or teaching that soul the true way to the Father's Kingdom. His life is what had the effect and not his death; and the sooner men learn that Truth the sooner will they learn the fact that no death of Jesus could save them from themselves, or show them the way to the Celestial Kingdom.

I know that men will not want to believe what I have written, and continue in their belief that all these tragic circumstances surrounded the death of Jesus. And I suppose that this belief will continue with them for a long time to come. But what I have said is true, and no man can by any possible workings of God's laws find any hope or assurance of immortality in these things.You may ask me how I know that Jesus uttered no words at the time of his death, and I can answer by saying that he told me so himself.
He has not been present to-night at any of the churches where his death on the cross is celebrated, (Christmas) and will not be until after the time of the great worship and adoration of him by the churches has gone by. This worship is all very distasteful to him and are such that he does not desire to witness, and hence, he remains in his home in the high Celestial Spheres. He desires men to worship only the One True Father that he worships, and thus receive the true benediction of the Father.
The above is sooo wrong I am amazed you would even post it.

The whole gospel is centered abound the cross of Christ . . . the death of Christ. It is all about God sacrificing His only begotten Son so we may be saved. It is all about stripping off the old humanity in the death of Christ on the cross. IT is about Christ being entombed and God raising His Son from the death the 3rd day and so now we know His death accomplished that for which it was meant.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
1 Tim.2:4-6

'God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved.' 1 Ti 2:3-4 GNB

Old 04-02-2010, 07:50 AM

God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, (1 Timothy 2:3,4)

Even if it were just "wants" God gets what He wants.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity