Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:51 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That's an alternative reading, true. One cannot sensibly base one's theology on a 'maybe'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Shibata, how did you get saved?
Do you consider yourself saved?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Shibata, how did you get saved?
It's your theology that needs saving. And, as there has been no attempt to prove that the GNB is wrong here, that's going to be a very difficult task.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
It's your theology that needs saving. And, as there has been no attempt to prove that the GNB is wrong here, that's going to be a very difficult task.
In other words, you aren't saved and don't consider yourself saved. Right?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
In other words, you aren't saved and don't consider yourself saved. Right?
Universalism goes down in flames.

Doesn't take long!

Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM

Only an unbeliever would say that.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
The above is sooo wrong I am amazed you would even post it.

The whole gospel is centered abound the cross of Christ . . . the death of Christ. It is all about God sacrificing His only begotten Son so we may be saved. It is all about stripping off the old humanity in the death of Christ on the cross. IT is about Christ being entombed and God raising His Son from the death the 3rd day and so now we know His death accomplished that for which it was meant.
And what gives you, who is imperfect, the right to tell anyone what is wrong and what is right. If you are not perfect, how, then, can you expect anyone else to be perfect. I'd suggest you work on your own perfection and leave others to theirs.

And I can post anything I want as long as it rings true to my own soul. I wouldn't question Celestial as there are, indeed, perfect and cannot lie. You are imperfect, therefore, you can lie. I never told you that you had to believe anything I post. I am asking that you respect what I believe and don't tell me that it's wrong or that I shouldn't post something.

You asked a question and I gave you my truth of the matter. We aren't here to judge others nor are we here to condemn those who do not agree with what we believe to be true.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And what gives you, who is imperfect, the right to tell anyone what is wrong and what is right. If you are not perfect, how, then, can you expect anyone else to be perfect. I'd suggest you work on your own perfection and leave others to theirs.

And I can post anything I want as long as it rings true to my own soul. I wouldn't question Celestial as there are, indeed, perfect and cannot lie. You are imperfect, therefore, you can lie. I never told you that you had to believe anything I post. I am asking that you respect what I believe and don't tell me that it's wrong or that I shouldn't post something.

You asked a question and I gave you my truth of the matter. We aren't here to judge others nor are we here to condemn those who do not agree with what we believe to be true.
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

God uses imperfect vessels to reveal His wisdom and power.

I glory in my imperfectness.

No one said you couldn't post whatever you wanted to. But this is a board in which we are allowed to post conflicting views. The street runs both ways.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

God uses imperfect vessels to reveal His wisdom and power.

I glory in my imperfectness.

No one said you couldn't post whatever you wanted to. But this is a board in which we are allowed to post conflicting views. The street runs both ways.
So, then, do you also believe that I, who am imperfect, do not have the same right as you to teach that which is a Truth. You teach from the bible. I teach from other means. Either way, we are both vessals to share the truths as we are given.
You make the claim that some here are not chosen yet you say God uses vessals. What makes you think I am not chosen? Because I don't read the bible? You've never met me so you cannot possibly know what condition my soul is in.

Your "gospel" may be centered around Jesus and His death and resurrection but that does not make it true. It means that whomever rewrote the bible believed that and those views have been forced onto others to believe. It has been believed for just under 2000 years but that still does not make it true.

My "gospel" denies that. It denies it because Jesus has come into the world to set the record straight. So that others can know that His death has nothing to do with salvation. Only Love. That His life and what He taught, does. If you came face to face with Jesus and He told you otherwise, would you then believe it or would you deny Him as well because your beliefs are so ingrained that you would call Him a false prophet.

Do you have any idea what it's like to be in the presence of Celestials, who only know truth? It's a wonderous experience and I would tell all to do the same as I have had that experience. If you Love Jesus as you say, why, then, would you not follow His teachings instead of what others teach.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
So, then, do you also believe that I, who am imperfect, do not have the same right as you to teach that which is a Truth. You teach from the bible.

Do read the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity