Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long have you been a Christian ... ?
5 or less years ... 2 8.70%
5 - 10 years ... 1 4.35%
10 - 20 years ... 0 0%
20 - 30 years ... 4 17.39%
30 - 40 years ... 7 30.43%
40 - 50 years ... 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 PM

28,088 posts, read 29,930,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Anyone ever thought how strange that the word "Christian" only appears once in the bible? And apparently it was by outsiders making an observation (ie: "these people act like Jesus").
You're right. It's just a word, a label given to some people by other people. And it's evolved a lot over the years. It was originally meant to describe people who were the followers or disciples of Jesus Christ. Since then, people have come to use it in to define who's in and who's out, based on their own narrow criteria. Jesus said that people would know His disciples by the love they showed towards one another. How far we have strayed from the closest thing we ever actually had to a definition of the word "Christian."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 07:54 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And most people who tell other people that they haven't been born again are just being self-righteous hypocrites. None of us can say what someone else has experienced spiritually. People need to be concerned about their own spiritual rebirth instead of constantly trying to second-guess whether somebody else has undergone that rebirth.
You don't have to tell them, if they tell you. Many Americans consider themselves Christian, but not born again, so your meaningless accusation fails once again.

PS No one here has said someone who claims to be born again, is not born again.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree , and this is not what i am saying , but saying you are born again or saying you are a christian means nothing as does saying you believe in UR.
Amen camps it's who you believe in

Old 04-04-2010, 08:17 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:
LOL.... are you OK today, pcamps ??? Did you eat to many chocolate eggs ?
I mean your are answering your own post !!!

Old 04-04-2010, 08:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
LOL.... are you OK today, pcamps???
I mean your are answering your own post !!!
Yea i'm fine, just reading through the threads and after probably having one to many glasses of red wine last night (Yes i have read what exactly is wilful sin thread ), i wanted to see if i said something i shouldn't have .

Old 04-04-2010, 08:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:
Yea i'm fine, just reading through the threads and after probably having one to many glasses of red wine last night (Yes i have read what exactly is wilful sin thread ), i wanted to see if i said something i shouldn't have .
OK.... just checkin' on ya !!
Yep, red wine can/will do that to some people.....

Old 04-04-2010, 11:44 AM

823 posts, read 1,400,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're right. It's just a word, a label given to some people by other people. And it's evolved a lot over the years. It was originally meant to describe people who were the followers or disciples of Jesus Christ. Since then, people have come to use it in to define who's in and who's out, based on their own narrow criteria. Jesus said that people would know His disciples by the love they showed towards one another. How far we have strayed from the closest thing we ever actually had to a definition of the word "Christian."
Very well said

Old 04-04-2010, 03:49 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,614,979 times
Quote:
I agree , and this is not what i am saying , but saying you are born again or saying you are a christian means nothing as does saying you believe in UR.
Quote:
You go dudes! I mean, errr... dude....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity