Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,908,643 times

Advertisements

Ro 8:31 . What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us

I was not always a believer, I also was in church for a while and was not a believer.

God was never against me because the scriptures declare that God is for me. Even when I did not believe he was for me, he watched over me (proverbs 5:21) guided me, even when I did not believe (proverbs 16:9).

If God was for me, he is for you , so who is against me? Who can be against you?

If you do not believe now, God is for you, because he declares that he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 PM

235 posts, read 354,600 times
Amen.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:47 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,112,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Ro 8:31 . What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us

I was not always a believer, I also was in church for a while and was not a believer.

God was never against me because the scriptures declare that God is for me. Even when I did not believe he was for me, he watched over me (proverbs 5:21) guided me, even when I did not believe (proverbs 16:9).

If God was for me, he is for you , so who is against me? Who can be against you?

If you do not believe now, God is for you, because he declares that he is.
As a Catholic friend of mine used to say to a mutual atheist pal of ours:

"Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean He doesn't believe in you!"

At least I think that's what you mean.

Blessings

Old 04-02-2010, 03:53 PM

9,667 posts, read 9,929,774 times
God is for you so who is against me, who can be against you?...... The devil and all his multitude are against you so Go to the Lord and believe and keep clean yourself on the inside and take up the authority of the blood of Jesus Christ and keep the devil at a distance and keep all the devils sin out of your life and Body for Jesus Spirit will help you, Just ask seek knock and Jesus is waiting to help you. See there is more than believing the Bible statement of confession, you have to act on the Word or doer of the Word.....

Old 04-02-2010, 03:57 PM

51 posts, read 67,008 times
John 5:45-47
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? KJV

What did they not believe concerning Moses' writings? They trusted in Moses, yet he was the instrument of their accusation.

Rev 12:10
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. KJV

Heb 2:2-3
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; KJV

If we put our trust in man, any man other than Jesus, we will not escape the feeling of being accused in our heart and mind and we will end our life experience in an attitude of accusing our brethren as we feel the power of being accused.

Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. KJV

When we do not feel condemned, then we will not condemn. As we forgive others, then our free forgiveness is made complete through our brother's need, and Christ is glorified as the spirit of forgiveness makes a complete cycle and returns unto him, bearing fruit.

Eojj

Old 04-02-2010, 06:15 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,067,465 times
Whoever or whatever God is for, the system is against .

Old 04-03-2010, 05:18 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,281,713 times
The Word of God is true! The Word does not require people to believe in order to be the Truth. While God may not be against u, there r things and people who may be, but HE has already overcome the world and so can we...

Old 04-03-2010, 05:49 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,862,740 times
Amen and God bless you all. I love you all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity