Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:12 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,566,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
I'm sure many would be interested about the church, but not the lies and falsehoods you claim as truth.
Is it alleged that I know that what I write is falsehood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 09:11 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,774,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Is it alleged that I know that what I write is falsehood?
Oh I'm sure you have know idea about the falsehoods you spread about the Catholic Church. You're most likely repeating the garbage fed to you by other Anti-Catholic teachers.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Oh I'm sure you have know idea about the falsehoods you spread about the Catholic Church. You're most likely repeating the garbage fed to you by other Anti-Catholic teachers.
Ok. So why can't we see some reasons for the statements made being falsehoods?

Old 04-04-2010, 09:22 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,774,940 times
Quote:
Ok. So why can't we see some reasons for the statements made being falsehoods?
To be honest. You are a waste of my time.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
To be honest. You are a waste of my time.
It would be a waste of time trying to justify the RC's Catechism, paras 1030-1032, one may suppose.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:14 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Shibata, I and other Catholics, would really appreciate for you to stop answering questions about Catholicism, and telling US what WE believe. You are wrong.
One of the few times I have to say I agree with you 100%, so you must be right

Old 04-04-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
One of the few times I have to say I agree with you 100%
Things must be desperate.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:32 PM

64 posts, read 62,286 times
Catholics still believe in purgatory and the belief is based on St. Paul's first letter to the Corinthianis (3,13-15)

"each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire."

Based on this it is believed the soul will be saved, but only after some time in the purifying flames of purgatory.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waken2 View Post
Catholics still believe in purgatory and the belief is based on St. Paul's first letter to the Corinthianis (3,13-15)

"each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire."

Based on this it is believed the soul will be saved, but only after some time in the purifying flames of purgatory.
It's not based on this passage. It's based on 'reading' what is not there. Paul wrote that a man's work- the things he has done, will be judged, and 'burned up', i.e assessed as worthless. The RCC's teaching is that people themselves are unholy, and need to be purified, via pain. Catholics are thereby lulled into thinking that they can go to heaven while being unregenerate.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:01 PM

64 posts, read 62,286 times
Quote:
It's not based on this passage. It's based on 'reading' what is not there. Paul wrote that a man's work- the things he has done, will be judged, and 'burned up', i.e assessed as worthless. The RCC's teaching is that people themselves are unholy, and need to be purified, via pain. Catholics are thereby lulled into thinking that they can go to heaven while being unregenerate.
Can I ask a question? Are you Catholic? If so, you certainly learned something far different than I. RCC teaches that man is holy but it is sin (especially unrepetant sin) that is unholy and keeps us from heavan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity