U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:33 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,065,624 times

Advertisements

As I was thinking about what Easter/Resurrection Sunday means to many christians , I can't stop thinking about how packed my church will be tomorrow with people who only attend church on Easter, Mother's Day, and Christmas to worship God.

Many will come dressed to kill to show off their new outfits only not to return until another year or at someone's funeral.

Jesus deserves more than a fashion show on Easter Sunday, let's continue to be mindful why Jesus died for us. He died, and He wouldn't come down off of the cross just to save you and me. Thank God for Jesus, and thank God that Jesus didn't stay dead.
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 06:48 AM

12,392 posts, read 14,899,609 times
He is worthy of praise each and every day for His death, burial and resurrection, with no worldly "frills" attached..
Christ died for us with no frills except that He loved us enough to die for our sins and was raised up on that third day to give us the the promise that one day we would also be raised from the grave to be with Him ..

Have a very blessed day, Antredd

Old 04-04-2010, 06:55 AM

1,243 posts, read 805,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
He is worthy of praise each and every day for His death, burial and resurrection, with no worldly "frills" attached..
Christ died for us with no frills except that He loved us enough to die for our sins and was raised up on that third day to give us the the promise that one day we would also be raised from the grave to be with Him ..

Have a very blessed day, Antredd
Every day.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:01 AM

19,023 posts, read 14,198,739 times
I'm with you, Antredd.

Last night, after the gym, I headed for the church for Holy Saturday purposes.

My assumption was that the church would be desolate, that's a characteristic of Holy Saturday, everything is shut down and even the tabernacle is covered up in white sheets.

I was taken unawares by a huge crowd in complete pomp. It was an anticipatory mass or whatever. It's basically a new catholic mass equivalent to the sabbath day mass, catering to those who are too ar$ed about spending time in the church in the thick of a Sunday

A million scents were in the air. Suits. Fashionista skirts. Tons of cleavage. Thighs. Tight butts. And here I am standing in running shoes, shorts and a hoodie and somewhat sweaty with messy hair. I got the stink eye naturally.

But I stood and prayed for 5 minutes. I told God I was so sorry these neo-pharisees would pollute his house. This is no way to go see a man who was born in a manger and worked as a carpenter.

I hate the church crowd sometimes.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
As I was thinking about what Easter/Resurrection Sunday means to many christians , I can't stop thinking about how packed my church will be tomorrow with people who only attend church on Easter, Mother's Day, and Christmas to worship God.

Many will come dressed to kill to show off their new outfits only not to return until another year or at someone's funeral.

Jesus deserves more than a fashion show on Easter Sunday
Does Jesus want Easter?

Old 04-04-2010, 07:27 AM

9,581 posts, read 5,250,536 times
Let us praise the Lord for those people who do only come 1-3 days a year! Though they may have other motives, God's knows the heart and His word is being planted in the heart's of many!!
And as we know that His word never comes back void it goes forth to accomplish His will.

Those lives are so special to God and we do not know what God has instored for each one..... that this day, next month, or even in the year ahead what God is going to do for each one !!

Let's pray that God's message given this day will touch the heart of all whom will come..... and they will hear the voice of the Lord that today be the day of their salvation !!

Amen.....

Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,027,215 times
Well, if people come dressed to the 9's and decide, during the course of the service in whatever church or location they decide to go, that they want to live eternally with God, that's okay with me. Every time someone who is not a child of God thinks it's a good idea to go to church, that's a chance for me to get another brother or sister. I want Heaven to be jam packed.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Let us praise the Lord for those people who do only come 1-3 days a year!
What do they come to? A church? Not a church of Jesus.

A church of Jesus is made up only of people who are committed to him, who meet at any time, as often as possible.

That's far, far too much for most.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:25 AM

9,581 posts, read 5,250,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
What do they come to? A church? Not a church of Jesus.

A church of Jesus is made up only of people who are committed to him, who meet at any time, as often as possible.

That's far, far too much for most.
Amen.....
We (believer) know that the church is the body of Christ, not a building or what ever.... Yet, God's word is being read and spoken, which opens the door to the people (unbeliever) for His Holy Spirit to draw and reach and touch the heart through the power of His word, no matter where it is being read, proclaimed........ that there is the utmost importance!

Old 04-04-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.....
We (believer) know that the church is the body of Christ, not a building or what ever.... Yet, God's word is being read and spoken, which opens the door to the people (unbeliever)
But they think they are believers. They are treated as such.

That does not occur in the church of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity