Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

But you are a robot. You beep and chirp and pop and crackle all your spirit readings stuff like it was all programmed into you.

I don't care how many people you help. Obviously the courses you took didn't help you understand the truth of the Scriptures. What church did you get your paper from, some spiritist church? If you are speaking against what the Bible says then you are no reverend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 01:54 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
They're alive, yes. What about crickets?
Even cockroaches!

Old 04-08-2010, 02:07 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But you are a robot. You beep and chirp and pop and crackle all your spirit readings stuff like it was all programmed into you.

I don't care how many people you help. Obviously the courses you took didn't help you understand the truth of the Scriptures. What church did you get your paper from, some spiritist church? If you are speaking against what the Bible says then you are no reverend.
The only reason you believe in the bible is because of your upbringing and what you have been taught since. I was fortunate enough to not grow up with the bible or a religious family. And you have no idea what is true or not in the bible. You are taking others word for it and claiming it to be your truths. I'm not like that. I asked God to show me the truth and He did. It matters not where the info comes from, it's the message that's important. It seems your bible teaches you hatred of others if they disagree with you. How sad is that that you cannot overlook anothers beliefs out of Love for mankind.

I really pity you. You are less of a christian than I am as I follow the teachings of Jesus. To Love one another and to Love God. Apparently you have no idea what Jesus was talking about because Love does not condemn.

Have a good night or afternoon, depending on your location.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:18 PM

78 posts, read 107,406 times
It never ceases to amaze me, that no matter how clear the message is, a lot of folks will "add to or take away" to make the WORD fit what they believe. 

Ec 3:19 - For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
It never ceases to amaze me, that no matter how clear the message is, a lot of folks will "add to or take away" to make the WORD fit what they believe. 

Ec 3:19 - For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
'In addition, I have also noticed that in this world you find wickedness where justice and right ought to be. I told myself, "God is going to judge the righteous and the evil alike, because every thing, every action, will happen at its own set time." I decided that God is testing us, to show us that we are no better than animals. After all, the same fate awaits man and animal alike. One dies just like the other. They are the same kind of creature. A human being is no better off than an animal, because life has no meaning for either. They are both going to the same place — the dust. They both came from it; they will both go back to it. How can anyone be sure that a man's spirit goes upward while an animal's spirit goes down into the ground?' Ecc 3:16-22 GNB

Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The only reason you believe in the bible is because of your upbringing and what you have been taught since. I was fortunate enough to not grow up with the bible or a religious family. And you have no idea what is true or not in the bible. You are taking others word for it and claiming it to be your truths. I'm not like that. I asked God to show me the truth and He did. It matters not where the info comes from, it's the message that's important. It seems your bible teaches you hatred of others if they disagree with you. How sad is that that you cannot overlook anothers beliefs out of Love for mankind.

I really pity you. You are less of a christian than I am as I follow the teachings of Jesus. To Love one another and to Love God. Apparently you have no idea what Jesus was talking about because Love does not condemn.

Have a good night or afternoon, depending on your location.
I don't hate anybody who disagrees with me.

I have plenty of reason to believe that what is in the bible is true. Just because you don't doesn't mean I don't.

Let's see, you asked God to show you the truth and what He told you opposes what He wrote in the Bible. Now that makes a lot of sense! NOT!

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I hate you. Get over it when somone disagrees with you!

If you really loved people you wouldn't feed them lies from some spirit reading crap.

When Jesus comes back He is going to kick hiney. He is going to adversatively judge the nations and rule over them with an iron club. He isn't going to be your sweet baby Jesus. That is the most loving thing He could do in order to straighten them out of their evil ways. Love does not always mean patting everyone on the back.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
"dust" is a bad translation. Soil is better. Man was made of soil, not dust.
Worms are kind of like snakes and they eat soil.
Your response to my OP did not result in a smirk...as some may have thought...whatever smirk's intent is.
It just tickled my funny bone, that however we may interchange words...synonym still is...therefore the OPs were in agreement (except for the worm, not reptile, or is it?)...humor or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57]Have you ever known a snake (reptiles, boa constrictors are known to swallow a person whole) that eat soil/dust? Or is this symbolic...The Serpent/satan beguiling man? "For dust thou art...to dust shalt thou return" Genesis 3:19...

Old 04-09-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
I don't hate anybody who disagrees with me.

I have plenty of reason to believe that what is in the bible is true. Just because you don't doesn't mean I don't.

Let's see, you asked God to show you the truth and what He told you opposes what He wrote in the Bible. Now that makes a lot of sense! NOT!

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I hate you. Get over it when somone disagrees with you!

If you really loved people you wouldn't feed them lies from some spirit reading crap.

When Jesus comes back He is going to kick hiney. He is going to adversatively judge the nations and rule over them with an iron club. He isn't going to be your sweet baby Jesus. That is the most loving thing He could do in order to straighten them out of their evil ways. Love does not always mean patting everyone on the back.
I don't care that we disagree. You made fun of my beliefs.

I do believe the exact words in your bible from Jesus are "My kingdom is not of this world". Jesus is also without sin and cannot sin. So, which Jesus are you referring to, Jesus, Master of the Celestial Heavens or Jesus Barabus who was imprisoned with Jesus. One sinned and the other did not.

If you believe Jesus is coming back with an iron club, then you do not believe the bible to be infallible. You must pick which one you want to believe because they oppose each other. Either His kingdom is not of this world or He will return to "rule with an iron club". If you say the latter, Jesus would be a sinner because He would then need to harm another of God's creations. If you say the former, your right on the money as He has already been here the second time and is leading men to the Celestial Kingdom that is in the spirit world. Your bible is fallible so you may want to reconsider what it really is that Jesus taught.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I don't care that we disagree. You made fun of my beliefs.

I do believe the exact words in your bible from Jesus are "My kingdom is not of this world". Jesus is also without sin and cannot sin. So, which Jesus are you referring to, Jesus, Master of the Celestial Heavens or Jesus Barabus who was imprisoned with Jesus. One sinned and the other did not.
Where do you get the idea that Bar-Abbas' first name was Jesus? I believe in Jesus Who died for all mankind.

Quote:
If you believe Jesus is coming back with an iron club, then you do not believe the bible to be infallible. You must pick which one you want to believe because they oppose each other. Either His kingdom is not of this world or He will return to "rule with an iron club". If you say the latter, Jesus would be a sinner because He would then need to harm another of God's creations. If you say the former, your right on the money as He has already been here the second time and is leading men to the Celestial Kingdom that is in the spirit world. Your bible is fallible so you may want to reconsider what it really is that Jesus taught.
Of course I believe the Scriptures, properly translated are truly the Word of God. It does not make sense for you to say "If I believe Jesus is coming back with an iron club then I don't believe the Bible to be infallible." That does not make sense.

Rev 2:27 and he shall be shepherding them with an iron club, as vessels of pottery are being crushed, as I also have obtained from My Father."

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a son, a male, who is about to be shepherding all the nations with an iron club. And her child is snatched away to God and to His throne."

Rev 19:15 And out of His mouth a sharp blade is issuing, that with it He should be smiting the nations. And He will be shepherding them with an iron club. And He is treading the wine trough of the fury of the indignation of God, the Almighty."

Hardly the sweet baby Jesus people are brougth up to believe.

Now then, what did He mean by "My kingdom is not of this world"?

"Our Lord's statement, "My kingdom is not of this world" (John 18:36), is usually taken to mean that His kingdom is not a worldly kingdom, but a spiritual one. But He did not say the world, in general, but this world, in particular. The fact that, at His unveiling, the world kingdom becomes our Lord's and His Christ's (Rev.11:15) clearly shows that His kingdom is a world kingdom. In fact the use of the word "this" should settle this point. It is a world kingdom, not of this world, but of that future eon, when He takes His great power and reigns" (A.E. Knoch, Unsearchable Riches, vol.29, p.360).

Old 04-09-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Where do you get the idea that Bar-Abbas' first name was Jesus? I believe in Jesus Who died for all mankind.

Of course I believe the Scriptures, properly translated are truly the Word of God. It does not make sense for you to say "If I believe Jesus is coming back with an iron club then I don't believe the Bible to be infallible." That does not make sense.

Rev 2:27 and he shall be shepherding them with an iron club, as vessels of pottery are being crushed, as I also have obtained from My Father."

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a son, a male, who is about to be shepherding all the nations with an iron club. And her child is snatched away to God and to His throne."

Rev 19:15 And out of His mouth a sharp blade is issuing, that with it He should be smiting the nations. And He will be shepherding them with an iron club. And He is treading the wine trough of the fury of the indignation of God, the Almighty."

Hardly the sweet baby Jesus people are brougth up to believe.

Now then, what did He mean by "My kingdom is not of this world"?

"Our Lord's statement, "My kingdom is not of this world" (John 18:36), is usually taken to mean that His kingdom is not a worldly kingdom, but a spiritual one. But He did not say the world, in general, but this world, in particular. The fact that, at His unveiling, the world kingdom becomes our Lord's and His Christ's (Rev.11:15) clearly shows that His kingdom is a world kingdom. In fact the use of the word "this" should settle this point. It is a world kingdom, not of this world, but of that future eon, when He takes His great power and reigns" (A.E. Knoch, Unsearchable Riches, vol.29, p.360).
Jesus cannot sin. Period. If he comes back with an iron club to destroy, He would be commiting a sin against the children of God's creation. Get it? Jesus cannot sin. He is infallible. He is in the likeness of God. Get it? Jesus cannot sin.
And Jesus is in the spirit world. Once you enter there, you cannot ever inhabit another body. Ever. He is Master of the Celestial Kingdom in the spirit world. Think spiritual instead of material. Maybe you'll get it then but not yet. Your heart is too hard and your eyes are still closed. Keep readin' that bible of yours though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity