Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times

Advertisements

Almost

I believe what this passage is saying is that it is not the physical oberservance of a physical day that is in view it is the entering in to the rest of Christ -- it is of the Spirit.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To dayif ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 03:10 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Almost

I believe what this passage is saying is that it is not the physical oberservance of a physical day that is in view it is the entering in to the rest of Christ -- it is of the Spirit.
Absolutely - one can outwardly observe the commandments and be far from Him with their hearts.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:35 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Almost

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To dayif ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hello, meerkat
I guess it is all how you interperet the scriptures. I take that as saying that Jesus did not observe "another day" if he did he would have said so. I think he is reffering to the sabbath change from saturday to sunday. Obviously not what you believe as you are a UR. I think!! Anyway, thanks for bringing that up. I wanted to speak more about these verses but do not have the time now!! maybe later!!

GOD BLESS!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:57 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Hello, meerkat
I guess it is all how you interperet the scriptures. I take that as saying that Jesus did not observe "another day" if he did he would have said so. I think he is reffering to the sabbath change from saturday to sunday. Obviously not what you believe as you are a UR. I think!! Anyway, thanks for bringing that up. I wanted to speak more about these verses but do not have the time now!! maybe later!!

GOD BLESS!!!
Nothing to do with believing in UR --- if you ask most of those that believe in ET they also believe that the rest that believers enter into is IN CHRIST and has nothing to do with observing a physical day.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:14 PM

425 posts, read 366,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

Love God and Love each other. No other laws are needed when these two go hand in hand.
I suppose I might point out , that other than naturally occurring moments when love involves having to do work within a designated time of rest, love would be occurring during those designated times of rest without having to become engaged with work. True rest is the result of the cessation of thoughts related to work . This is why Jesus referred to the son of man having no place to lay his head. The Logos is still engaged in the fiats of creation as the Sabbath has not been fulfilled yet and even then during the millennium there will be labor and there will be a true Shabbat. Currently we see reflections of it over the weekend , but there wont be a real Shabbat until Judaism and Christianity are one. Currently they are courting each other. PS insight into Shalom , Shalom isn't the absence of sound and action , it is the result of a harmony where noises cancel each other out.

Last edited by Rabbi Dakota; 04-09-2010 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity