U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 04:10 PM

425 posts, read 274,351 times

Advertisements

Something we forget is that Egyptian has only recently started to be translated through the discovery of the Rosetta stone. Much of what we consider to be solely Biblical in nature turns out to be related to all of the cultures of the Bible lands. Especially when we get to the flood account we are entering into another region of culture and language. Egyptian verses are very limited in translation and are in as much disarray as the ancient tombs are themselves. In ancient time Israelis could speak Egyptian as well as Assyrian. The writings of both Assyria and Egypt further illuminate the concepts established in the Bible. Osiris and Jesus have more in common than not. Much like Jesus and Joshuah share similarities. It is meet to "get " teh fact that Isis is really Ist in Egyptian Eshet is woman/wife and is used in reference to Adam's mate before he named her Chava. When studying scripture it always helps to take a word and see how the phonetics work in other related languages/cultures . A word like say Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 04:26 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,969,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Something we forget is that Egyptian has only recently started to be translated through the discovery of the Rosetta stone. Much of what we consider to be solely Biblical in nature turns out to be related to all of the cultures of the Bible lands. Especially when we get to the flood account we are entering into another region of culture and language. Egyptian verses are very limited in translation and are in as much disarray as the ancient tombs are themselves. In ancient time Israelis could speak Egyptian as well as Assyrian. The writings of both Assyria and Egypt further illuminate the concepts established in the Bible. Osiris and Jesus have more in common than not. Much like Jesus and Joshuah share similarities. It is meet to "get " teh fact that Isis is really Ist in Egyptian Eshet is woman/wife and is used in reference to Adam's mate before he named her Chava. When studying scripture it always helps to take a word and see how the phonetics work in other related languages/cultures . A word like say Amen.

I envy your knowledge of language.
Have friend who ended up getting his PHD in some kind of egyptian language thing for this very reason.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 PM

7,882 posts, read 6,698,329 times
The only thing that the Jews got from Egypt and the Assyria was idolerty and occultism and mystisim, that rejects the Rightous Attibutes of The Lord God....... The Jews left Egypt and The Lord God gave extended laws against the old Egypts ways in the Books of Moses........and when the Jews left Assyria they brought back occultism and idolerty, which left Holy Spirit out of the Temple, and built indifferences that weakened Israel faith. Orisis had a heart of a demonic god of dead, and Jesus had a heart of the Lord God and Lord of life. do not see that any simularities.......The religions of Ancient Egypt and Ancient Assyria have been judged by The Lord God and both these countries are gone...........

Last edited by hljc; 04-12-2010 at 04:52 PM..

Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The only thing that the Jews got from Egypt and the Assyria was idolerty and occultism and mystisim, that rejects the Rightous Attibutes of The Lord God....... The Jews left Egypt and The Lord God gave extended laws against the old Egypts ways in the Books of Moses........and when the Jews left Assyria they brought back occultism and idolerty, which left Holy Spirit out of the Temple, and built indifferences that weakened Israel faith. Orisis had a heart of a demonic god of dead, and Jesus had a heart of the Lord God and Lord of life. do not see that any simularities.......The religions of Ancient Egypt and Ancient Assyria have been judged by The Lord God and both these countries are gone...........
Yeah I admit this was a thread that in part was to bait those of you who are full of judgments to step up. We aren't in the same time period as we were back then. Knowledge in and of itself isn't a bad thing. Taking things in context is a great method. Knowing that there were other stories of a baby being put into a reed basket and floating downstream and not simply Moses is edifying to the process of integration . Not for you though ? Fine by me. To say the concepts of heaven and hell are unique to Hebrew and Israel is pure ignorance. Egypt is the major cradle of civilization. I'm not into throwing out the baby with the bathwater. You take a good look at the temple layout. It is a relative precursor to Egyptian design. No Egypt No Temple.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I envy your knowledge of language.
Have friend who ended up getting his PHD in some kind of Egyptian language thing for this very reason.
It helps living where I do. Mind you I took some classes but my teacher through the Holy spirit told me to take my books and go study. I still attend functions but I don't say too much. In short we had talked about the dangers of being in a University setting. I have been blessed with the funding needed for me to study within a framework of working with my hands in a somewhat monastic setting . I turned in my badge as far as secular life goes . I hold some keys to the Eucharist that I am not at liberty to employ . I simply carry them for them them being. I look forward to being raised up.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:04 PM

7,882 posts, read 6,698,329 times
The Egyptians built great chambler and monument for the dead and all those people are still dead today in Egypt , but Jesus is alive and has a Church and temple is in the Believer and left no stone monument in Israel.......The temple in the wilderness with Moses represents Jesus Christ and Moses was told by the Lord God that this temple would be a Shadow of the Man of peace to come: Jesus Christ... eg.. Exodus39:1-31 The garments for Aaron the ephod represents the Christ Anointing of honor of Priest ...Exodus 39:34 the covering of rams skins dyed red and the covering on badgers skin and the veil of the covering represents the protection from the World that Jesus brings for the Lord Gods rest ...Exodus 39:35 the ark of the testimony and the stares therof and the mercy seat repersent the Lord God presence in the Temple........Exodus 39:36 shewbread table Represents Humble persecution action of HIS Glory......Exudus 39:37 pure candlestick represents Light of the unity of the twelve tribes.represent one Church the body of Christ.. Exodus 40 :5 Altar of Gold for the incence represence worship prayer before the Lord....Exodus 40:6 the altar of the burnt offering represent the sacrifice of the Blood of Jesus Christ... Exodus 40 :11-12.... the Priest shall anoint the laver and his foot and sanctify it.....Jesus represents cleans of the mind and the walk of the ministries of Jesus ....... in 1 Kings 7:21 he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple and he set up the right pillar and called the name Jachin, and set up the left pillar and called the name Boaz , Jesus represents the redeption from the world spirits, eg. pillar of fire held back the Egyptians .........I don`t know what the Ancient Egyptian demonic temple is because the study of it is a graven image and this would tempt the Lord God, but I can see the old wilderness temple a Shadow of Jesus Christ

Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 PM

YHVH's fingerprints are all over the Great Pyramid. Khufu transliterated sounds more like HWFH and in Egyptian it means to Protect.No one was ever buried in it as it is an alter of witness. The Hebrew Psalms and Egyptian psalms have more linguistic poetic structure relative to each other than the English translation of the Psalms does to the Hebrew version. This is for the Exact Same Reason that Solomon's Temple architecture is related to Egyptian Temple architecture and not , say a Gothic or Renaissance cathedral ? Egyptians also employed five stemmed Menorahs. Israel wasn't simply in Egypt for 400 years to be subject to the worship of the Holy Host which is in fact Ancestral worship in origin. The technical components ( care / intricacies ) the Egyptians had for ritual worship were applicative to a monotheistic form of worship. These intricacies are also reflective in the Scientific method. This is because Egypt was educated in the essentials of planetary mechanics as well as an understanding of the Intelligently designated evolution of creation... They had knowledge of what Newton went to Egypt and Jerusalem to find out in order to write Principia . Newton could not have done so without going to the Giza Plateau first .

HLJC There is no word to you outside of your English bible and it's accompanying reduced dogmas. Of course the punishment for not buying into your posse's reductionism is hell. Seeing your such an expert on graven images would you mind explaining the context for the Palm trees and Cherubim on the walls in Solomons temple ? Like it or not those Cherubim look an awful lot like some Egyptian artwork within their temples. Ignorance on your ,and your's part. Israelites knew what Cherubim looked like because they were a part of religion in much of the Mid eastern spirituality. THEY WERE EVERYWHERE where there was knowledge and Heavenly Host worship.

The language of Egypt will be Resurrected in order for their offerings to be accepted..

19In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. 21So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. 22The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

23In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. 24In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. 25The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or