U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I said "nowadays".

Nothing has changed. I've been called a heretic, asked to leave the forum through scathing private messages and so called believers consigning me to the horrors of their God if I don't see it their way.

Nope, nothings changed at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
The false Christians are the ones who will wage war on Christ.
yes,false Christians/atheists,and the like.anyone who doesn't want to be held accountable and really live for God,like someone else said,they want to have God live for them,their way.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Nothing has changed. I've been called a heretic, asked to leave the forum through scathing private messages and so called believers consigning me to the horrors of their God if I don't see it their way.

Nope, nothings changed at all.
Nothing has changed for me,either.No true Christian would want to put Jesus to death.
And I would never PM someone to threaten them or any of those things.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,565,954 times
Quote:
I said "nowadays".
Atheists weren't the problem then or now. Fanatical religionists were the problem then and now.

The cold war is over. The evil atheists didn't invade the U.S. and kill all the Christians after all. Let it go....

Old 04-13-2010, 05:06 PM

7,093 posts, read 5,453,394 times
Quote:
If Jesus returned nowadays,I doubt atheists would even let him preach for 3 yrs.And they would see him as being too powerful and nothing but a troublemaker,what with healing ppl and raising them from the dead and such.Scary stuff for ppl who think death is permanent..what if Jesus decided to raise one of their enemies??
Yes,I do indeed think this generation would kill Him,and probably even faster this time.He would not last 3 yrs,much less 33.

I doubt that somehow. Athiests might laugh in his face, but from what I've seen and am seeing, the religious people, the very same ones who worship Christianity are more likely to oppose him to the extreme.

Athiests on the other hand, they have an "I'll believe it when I see it philosophy."

It could go this way, Jesus wins the hearts of the nonbelievers and other underdogs, (athiests, gays, thiefs,) while the religious leaders (not all of them of course) are revealed to be the envious self righteous bigots they were all along.

But that is just one of many possible ways.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:15 PM

? I didn't say they did fb.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
? I didn't say they did fb.
Well..

Quote:
I said "nowadays".
To which I responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Atheists weren't the problem then or now. Fanatical religionists were the problem then and now.
And then added (for good measure)
Quote:
The cold war is over. The evil atheists didn't invade the U.S. and kill all the Christians after all. Let it go....
The last part was a general response to a general attitude Christians have about atheists - demonizing them. By saying:

Quote:
If Jesus returned nowadays,I doubt atheists would even let him preach for 3 yrs.And they would see him as being too powerful and nothing but a troublemaker
... you implied that Atheists would have him murdered 11 times faster than the ancient Judaic leaders.

Am I missing something?

Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:

Am I missing something?
yes.nursery rhymes,tea,quack quack..

Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I doubt that somehow. Athiests might laugh in his face, but from what I've seen and am seeing, the religious people, the very same ones who worship Christianity are more likely to oppose him to the extreme.

Athiests on the other hand, they have an "I'll believe it when I see it philosophy."

It could go this way, Jesus wins the hearts of the nonbelievers and other underdogs, (athiests, gays, thiefs,) while the religious leaders (not all of them of course) are revealed to be the envious self righteous bigots they were all along.

But that is just one of many possible ways.
That's what happened before... right? If you read the bible knowing that the religious zealots were the problem then today's religious zealots....well

Old 04-14-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
yes.nursery rhymes,tea,quack quack..
That's what I get
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or