U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM

7,176 posts, read 5,493,283 times

Advertisements

At Church yesturday (which is not the usual Church, very small place, about 10 - 30 people.) The Pastor talked about how he came across a person who wore a shirt that said "If Jesus returned, we would kill him again." Otherwise he was a kind hearted person.

I have my thoughts about it.

I just want to know what you would think about it.

I'll let this go for a few responses then I'll put in my input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,248,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
At Church yesturday (which is not the usual Church, very small place, about 10 - 30 people.) The Pastor talked about how he came across a person who wore a shirt that said "If Jesus returned, we would kill him again." Otherwise he was a kind hearted person.

I have my thoughts about it.

I just want to know what you would think about it.

I'll let this go for a few responses then I'll put in my input.
Yes, I believe this is true.

Those that did not like what He taught would attack Him...spew awful words at Him...call him a blasphemer!...Liar!...they'd scream..."Kill Him!..Crucify Him!"...all over again...

Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 PM

7,176 posts, read 5,493,283 times
You know, Verna, I'm actually impressed with your response. At my church, quite a few people took it as if that The guy wearing the shirt hated Jesus so much. They would say things like "People have such hate for Jesus..." There was even talk about casting pearls before swine and such. I finally chimed in and suggested that it may be a statement about the nature of humanity.

I see it too, we have the same personalities that we did 2,000 years ago. I found myself to be impressed with the pastor. He revealed the truth that a lot of the things religious apply to the non religious, Jesus applied to the religious leaders of his day.

Very few people teach what the Bible actually says. We all get caught up in our own deals at some point.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,228,674 times
If Jesus returned nowadays,I doubt atheists would even let him preach for 3 yrs.And they would see him as being too powerful and nothing but a troublemaker,what with healing ppl and raising them from the dead and such.Scary stuff for ppl who think death is permanent..what if Jesus decided to raise one of their enemies??
Yes,I do indeed think this generation would kill Him,and probably even faster this time.He would not last 3 yrs,much less 33.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,578,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
If Jesus returned nowadays,I doubt atheists would even let him preach for 3 yrs.And they would see him as being too powerful and nothing but a troublemaker,what with healing ppl and raising them from the dead and such.Scary stuff for ppl who think death is permanent..what if Jesus decided to raise one of their enemies??
Yes,I do indeed think this generation would kill Him,and probably even faster this time.He would not last 3 yrs,much less 33.
Atheists weren't responsible for His death!!!! Believers in God were!!!.

AISI this demonizing of atheists is ridiculous. They weren't the problem then and they aren't the problem now.

I'll take June or rifleman for my neighbors WAY before a lot of the religious nuts out there.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,228,674 times
I said "nowadays".

Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 AM

5,750 posts, read 4,598,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Atheists weren't responsible for His death!!!! Believers in God were!!!.

AISI this demonizing of atheists is ridiculous. They weren't the problem then and they aren't the problem now.

I'll take June or rifleman for my neighbors WAY before a lot of the religious nuts out there.

I agree.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:17 AM

425 posts, read 274,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Don't kid yourself , it is the ones who fall away , that are in fact claiming even now to be Christian that are single handedly the most dangerous threat to those written in the Book of Life. The false Christians are the ones who will wage war on Christ.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:46 AM

438 posts, read 914,613 times
Jesus came to earth so that he could die. That's why he came. And human nature has changed little in the last two thousand years so yes, they would kill him again.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,840,973 times
Many people today would still reject\kill Jesus. 2000 years ago many wanted Jesus to be their earthly King, someone to over throw Roman rule, someone to provide as much food as they wanted (feeding of the 5000) and easy medical care. But when Jesus claimed to be the promised Messiah, for the most part many rejected (especially the Jewish religious leaders).

Just like today, people don't want God to be their God. Instead they want God to fit them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or