U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:31 PM

13,819 posts, read 24,611,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
No, He is not a politician or but a head of state, ... if you were a boss would you step down if your employee where abusing the fellow workers and the media outside the company and the accusers in the company were blaming the boss.....Maybe the Lord God should step down because he is a fault as much as the Pope is...... Give it a rest and closure, Jesus Says......
If I were a boss and knowingly allowed my employee to abuse fellow workers, or ignored accusations by those other workers against an abuser, I would not only be forced by federal law to step down, but would be punished by law as an aid to workplace sexual harrassment. Why don't we hold these religious bosses to the same accountability of their workers (i.e. priests)?

This is a problem that should not be ignored.

Crusade Against Clergy Abuse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 PM

4,368 posts, read 4,101,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Popes do not step down.
There have actually been several, but it is not common.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,287,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
My family who are Catholics say concerning this whole debacle "The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church." And I think to myself, Little do they know that that church is the gates of hell.
Then you believe Jesus to be liar.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM

11,970 posts, read 10,803,847 times
[quote=juj;13728557]Then you believe Jesus to be liar.[/

sounds like you are trying to trick someone into answering a baited question. just my 2 cents.

I think that Jesus said he would build his church on the rock of faith not a building or a collection of people. correct me if I am incorrect but I think the point is that he had faith something more existed and his ability to perform miracles seemingly at will was evidence of that.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,463,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
My family who are Catholics say concerning this whole debacle "The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church." And I think to myself, Little do they know that that church is the gates of hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Then you believe Jesus to be liar.
No, Jesus told the truth: the gates of hell (lit. Hades) will never prevail against the true church. The present Catholic "church" is filled with dead men's bones.

Last edited by Eusebius; 04-14-2010 at 08:02 AM..

Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,318,023 times
Quote:
The present Catholic church is filled with dead men's bones.
The RCC is filled with, as it always has been, deceivers and deceived. Many Catholics do not know the history of their organisation. The RCC is, in effect, a continuation of the old Roman imperial system of plebeian control- its interest is primarily political, and carnal, not spiritual. Carnality has always been a hallmark of RC leadership, one way or another- not just today. It was what precipitated the Reformation, even among the theologically unschooled. It was what gave rise to the cliché in the modern novel of suffering inmates of Catholic institutions. It was what gave rise to the Crusades, the Inquisitions, the wars that gave Christianity a dreadful name among the unaware. The propensity to coerce, to forbid open debate, is the oldest Catholic tradition of all. But that is only what one expects from those who are politically, rather than spiritually motivated.

It is the large number of deceived who need to realise the true nature of the RCC- that they are political pawns, to be manipulated, and indeed to be held in contempt, by their own hierarchy, as current events make clear to them, even if their infamous history does not. It is not Herr Ratzinger who needs to walk away, because another just like him would soon replace him, if he did. It is those who are duped by him who need to vote with their feet.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 AM

150 posts, read 224,670 times
Well said!!!

I really feel sorry for the people who worship the pope, and it makes me
sad when I hear news reports (cnn) referring to him as the holy father.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
No, Jesus told the truth: the gates of hell (lit. Hades) will never prevail against the true church. The present Catholic "church" is filled with dead men's bones.
Seriously excellent post.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,318,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Seriously excellent post.
Thank you.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:38 PM

The right hand of Ratz today in Chile stated that the pedophilia present in the church is due to homosexuality.

Is it not fascinating to watch these cloistered liars try to protect themselves? The real world is separating forever from these reptiles, and moving towards the light of truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity