U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
 
3,576 posts, read 453,717 times
Reputation: 385

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
There is no reverence for the Lord in the hearts of men. There is no acceptance of what is True. How much longer will the Word be perverted by such an adulterous generation claiming light but hiding in darkness?
----- Our assurance of salvation is what God will do --- not what we do, we can not save ourselves it is a gift of God.

 
Old 04-25-2010, 05:47 PM
 
696 posts, read 765,368 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
----- Our assurance of salvation is what God will do --- not what we do, we can not save ourselves it is a gift of God.
Moderator cut: denomination bashing

A Christians salvation is by what God has done, not will do. Of course the Christian waits for the time when He will call us to Him, but this does not mean God will do anything more for us, because He need not do anything. He has done it all, that we accept His payment and in so doing He claims the Christian.

Moderator cut: denominational attack we as Christians know our Salvation is complete as we are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit here and now. There is nothing left to do, but take our place to the right hand of The Father.Moderator cut: attacking

Claim the Truth and the Work completed by God and know Him so that He will seal you with the Holy Spirit

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-26-2010 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: insults and attacks on each other are being deleted
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:21 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,721,192 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by airō View Post
Such a list guarantees the impossibility of salvation and therefore the straw man is knocked down to support that everyone will be reconciled to God eventually.

We are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.

True faith in Jesus Christ yields discernable fruit and one goes on to do the good works God prepared for them to do before the foundations of time.

God grants us repentance, it's not a work.

He gives us faith, it's not a work.

He quickens our hearts to respond to the Gospel message, it's not a work.

And we are regenerated unto a new creation by the Holy Spirit, it's not a work.

The Bible clearly paints a picture of a Biblical Christian. It's black and white.

If one sees their life does not line up, a red flag should be raised and they need to get their nose in the Word and throw their knees to the ground.

May God have mercy on you and draw you to repentance. And for what it's worth, you should know the source you used is atheistic. But that's ok, huh, since atheists will be given eternal life one day.
I agree with all your points above. Maybe you're surprised that we agree on so much. Regardless of who may have typed up the series of verses I posted, they are all still straight from the bible. Do you even realize that the only commentary I put on that post was:

If it's not a complete work of God.....


What must you do to be saved?

The rest was scriptures and headings for those scriptures. I'm sorry it was unpleasant for you to read all those verses.
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
 
162 posts, read 177,077 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I agree with all your points above. Maybe you're surprised that we agree on so much. Regardless of who may have typed up the series of verses I posted, they are all still straight from the bible. Do you even realize that the only commentary I put on that post was:

If it's not a complete work of God.....


What must you do to be saved?

The rest was scriptures and headings for those scriptures. I'm sorry it was unpleasant for you to read all those verses.
I was fully aware it wasn't your work, but you posted it, so you endorse it. What was unpleasant to read was the straw man you hoisted.
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:41 PM
 
5,500 posts, read 4,415,727 times
Reputation: 5146
Moderator cut: edited off topic comments

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

This passage is so powerful and gives me STRENGTH and LOVE...

Blessings...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-26-2010 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: quoted post and your answer were deleted but saved this verse
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,813,518 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
If it's not a complete work of God.....



What must you do to be saved?
I didn't bother quoting the entire post...no offense.

Your list didn't include these two. If you can do these two things perfectly "you will be saved"
  1. Luke 10:27
    He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "
  2. Matthew 5:48
    Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
or the alternative is to do the will\work of God:
  1. Romans 10:9
    That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
  2. John 6:40
    For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
  3. John 6:29
    Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
 
162 posts, read 177,077 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I didn't bother quoting the entire post...no offense.

Your list didn't include these two. If you can do these two things perfectly "you will be saved"
  1. Luke 10:27
    He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "
  2. Matthew 5:48
    Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
or the alternative is to do the will\work of God:
  1. Romans 10:9
    That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
  2. John 6:40
    For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
  3. John 6:29
    Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
And since the Law is impossible to keep, we must take the alternative through the blood of Jesus Christ.
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,721,192 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by airō View Post
Check my post and stop twisting what I said. I didn't call her one single name. I said the use of the Scripture was vile. I do love her, and I love you. And it's why I tell you to come out from among these heresies. Touch no unclean thing. Do not even be named among them. I love everyone, but it doesn't mean I love their destructive heresies.

You know full well what you did so please stop playing the victim. You posted that information to raise up the straw man, why do you keep avoiding this? You didn't just post Scripture. You posted them completely out of context using the tactics of an atheist to show how there's just too much involved in "working for salvation" so we must all be under God's grace. And that is false. You know what you meant.
Interpret the list however you want, airo. Personally, I thought it was a good checklist to see if we are in God's will. I apologized and that's all I can do at this point. And, I love you, too. Peace to you..........
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
 
162 posts, read 177,077 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Interpret the list however you want, airo. Personally, I thought it was a good checklist to see if we are in God's will. I apologized and that's all I can do at this point. And, I love you, too. Peace to you..........
You did not post that to see if we were in God's will, you posted it to show "what we must do to be saved".
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Reputation: 437
[quote=airō;13903116]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Yes, it is sadder than ever because men and women are going to hell because they did not take the narrow road and preached that others can take the broad way because they will end up in heaven anyway.

Being burned at the stake in defense of the Scriptures would be an honor, if only God would give me the strength to endure such persecution. Many a soul died defending the faith at the hands of the apostate Roman church. They are the true saints.
You missed my point entirely. Good night all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top