U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 09:52 PM

162 posts, read 177,001 times

Advertisements

[quote=herefornow;13903168]
Quote:
Originally Posted by airō View Post

You missed my point entirely. Godd night all.
Nope, I got your point clearly. Good night to all as well.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 PM

15 posts, read 12,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Interpret the list however you want, airo. Personally, I thought it was a good checklist to see if we are in God's will. I apologized and that's all I can do at this point. And, I love you, too. Peace to you..........
I thought it was a pretty good check list too...but shouldn't our assurance of salvation rest in Christ and not ourselves?

If we look to ourselves for assurance and not Christ, of what value is Christ? After all...who is it that died for us and was resurrected for us? Us or Jesus?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:54 PM

162 posts, read 177,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomRider View Post
I thought it was a pretty good check list too...but shouldn't our assurance of salvation rest in Christ and not ourselves?

If we look to ourselves for assurance and not Christ, of what value is Christ? After all...who is it that died for us and was resurrected for us? Us or Jesus?
I encourage you to watch the sermons posted. It is ALL about Christ.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I encourage you to watch the sermons posted. It is ALL about Christ.
As it should be. I can't think of anything in scripture that would ask us to take our eyes off Christ, can you?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,734 times
Quote:

That was exactly the point I was making with the post, but it upset the one who started the thread.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:58 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,734 times
Quote:
You did not post that to see if we were in God's will, you posted it to show "what we must do to be saved".
Correct. I didn't say I posted it to see if we were in God's will. I said personally, I think it's a good checklist. I kept a copy in my documents to refer to later.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That was exactly the point I was making with the post, but it upset the one who started the thread.
We all get upset from time to time... I've been standing by watching the thread with interest. You've got a lot of good things to say...as do the others

Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM

823 posts, read 1,081,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Fellow Christians BEWARE...this passage in 2 Peter 3 cannot be quoted lightly. What is written here can very well "BOOMERANG" either way. Sharing the scripture with LOVE is first and foremost. When we encounter an OP that is contrary to ones VIEW...after stating a respectful reply...retreat with patience...and ALLOW GOD TO BE THE JUDGE...after all...only his DIVINE WILL counts when all is said and done.

We do the same thing in our Judicial Court System here on earth!

And I say...Peace!
Ans....you ar spot on and very respectful.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 PM

3,576 posts, read 452,553 times
Quote:
We all get upset from time to time... I've been standing by watching the thread with interest. You've got a lot of good things to say...as do the others
Welcome to the forum

In another post you said that we are to keep our eyes on Jesus and I agree - salvation is by grace and through faith, we are to keep our eyes on Jesus. We do not save ourselves by our works or keeping the law but our putting our faith in him enables us to keep the law through him. In essence it is how we can love God with our whole heart, and our neighbour as ourselves - through the Spirit.

The assurance of salvation we have is that while we were yet sinners God loved us. We love him because he first loved us. What he started he will finish. I have complete faith in God.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 PM

3,576 posts, read 452,553 times
Quote:
And since the Law is impossible to keep, we must take the alternative through the blood of Jesus Christ.
How I see it is not that Jesus covers up our sin but the Holy Spirit helps us keep "the law" which is Love God and love your neighbour as yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.