U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:19 PM

4,891 posts, read 2,398,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
God the father-God the Son-God the Holy Spirit are co-equal and have always been ONE God. Jesus is the Creator who stood in the void and spoke the universe into existence. Jesus has made other appearances through out time, this before being born of a virgin, sired by the Spirit. He holds the universe together and was fully God and fully man during the earthly ministry. He ascended to heaven and will return to Zion.....He is the judge of all and will establish an eternal kingdom......believe that He died for your sins, was dead and buried and resurrected on the third day to give eternal life to those who believe Him.......rejoice forever ......
First of all, dead Jesus did Not resurrect himself out of the grave - Acts 2:27; Acts 2:24; Acts 3:15; Acts 5:30; Col. 2:12.
Jesus taught his Father is greater than him at John 14:28, and greater than everyone at John 10:29.
Thus, Jesus and his Father are one in goal, purpose, unity, faith, belief, objective, and that is why Jesus could pray his followers be one just as he and his Father are one at John 17:11; John 17:21-23.
Plus, resurrected by God, and ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him at Rev. 3:12.

Was God or Jesus ever in Job's nose _______
I find at Job 27:3 that God's spirit was in Job's nostrils.
Plus, neither God nor Jesus is a neuter "it", whereas God's spirit is a neuter "it" according to Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25
So, when God sends forth His spirit then things happen as per Psalm 104:30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:42 PM

28 posts, read 3,997 times
I agree that the scriptures strongly suggest that Jesus was sent down in the flesh but through the seed of David.I don't believe in the immaculate birth theory that most Christians believe. the other thing I learned through my studies is that Paul never even met Jesus. most if not all his accounts are second hand accounts but nonetheless most Christian churches doctrines are founded off Pauls teachings. so my question is,whos teachings are we really following,Pauls or Christ?

Old Today, 02:41 PM

28 posts, read 3,997 times
I totally agree. with everything you said. so many Christians totally misinterpret the scriptures when it comes to the birth of Jesus. they like to bring up how Mary ask the angel how is it she will become pregnant and she doesn't know a man and the angel tells her a holy spirit shall come upon you. this would insinuate that the spirit is what actually was the reason Mary got pregnant. the word overshadow simply means instruction on what to do and the appropriate time when to do it. the holy spirit overshadowed Mary when to conceive with Joseph. then Christians like to use the argument that Joseph was ashamed that Mary was pregnant before they got married and he tried to hide this shame by getting rid of Mary and sending her away but an angel spoke to Joseph to accept the child. what most Christians fail to do is study history of the costumes of the time. it was a shameful thing to be pregnant before marriage but it was also a know practice that if you had sex with a woman before the wedding ceremony you were considered married in Gods eyes.the latter was mans traditions.Joseph knew that Mary could be stoned for such a thing and so that's why he wanted to send her away to hide their sin.she was pregnant before they were official married.matthew 1:20 the angel speaks to joseph and tells him of the child in Mary and not to be ashamed and the angel mentions Mary as his wife before they even got married. plus the bible goes through extensive detail of Jesus lineage.so I strongly agree Jesus was born a natural birth

Old Today, 02:56 PM

53,408 posts, read 52,465,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmail45 View Post
I agree that the scriptures strongly suggest that Jesus was sent down in the flesh but through the seed of David.I don't believe in the immaculate birth theory that most Christians believe. the other thing I learned through my studies is that Paul never even met Jesus. most if not all his accounts are second hand accounts but nonetheless most Christian churches doctrines are founded off Pauls teachings. so my question is,whos teachings are we really following,Pauls or Christ?
Can't help it, that cracked me up. I don't think I ever heard of the Virgin Birth referred to as the Immaculate Birth.

I bet it was just as messy as any other birth.

Old Today, 04:14 PM

4,188 posts, read 3,872,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmail45 View Post
I totally agree. with everything you said. so many Christians totally misinterpret the scriptures when it comes to the birth of Jesus. they like to bring up how Mary ask the angel how is it she will become pregnant and she doesn't know a man and the angel tells her a holy spirit shall come upon you. this would insinuate that the spirit is what actually was the reason Mary got pregnant. the word overshadow simply means instruction on what to do and the appropriate time when to do it. the holy spirit overshadowed Mary when to conceive with Joseph. then Christians like to use the argument that Joseph was ashamed that Mary was pregnant before they got married and he tried to hide this shame by getting rid of Mary and sending her away but an angel spoke to Joseph to accept the child. what most Christians fail to do is study history of the costumes of the time. it was a shameful thing to be pregnant before marriage but it was also a know practice that if you had sex with a woman before the wedding ceremony you were considered married in Gods eyes.the latter was mans traditions.Joseph knew that Mary could be stoned for such a thing and so that's why he wanted to send her away to hide their sin.she was pregnant before they were official married.matthew 1:20 the angel speaks to joseph and tells him of the child in Mary and not to be ashamed and the angel mentions Mary as his wife before they even got married. plus the bible goes through extensive detail of Jesus lineage.so I strongly agree Jesus was born a natural birth

How was it a sin, if they were married in the eyes of God and he intended to marry her

Old Today, 04:32 PM

3,149 posts, read 982,043 times
Quote:
Isaiah 7:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're half right. Jesus was 100% God & 100% man.
Since it is a "virgin birth", it then mean jesus took his own mothers virginity at birth.

wonder if Joseph figured that out?

Gotta love this stuff..

Old Today, 04:40 PM

8,252 posts, read 3,278,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Can't help it, that cracked me up. I don't think I ever heard of the Virgin Birth referred to as the Immaculate Birth.

The Immaculate Conception, in the Catholic Church, refers to the conception of Mary, not Jesus. The belief was that she was kept "immaculate" from the time of being conceived, through her conception of the infant Jesus.

The concept of the "virgin birth" seems a little confusing. For generations, the King of Kings, the Savior of the World, was predicted to be in the line of David, which Joseph, Mary's betrothed. was. If he is not the father of the Savior, I'm confused about why the prophesies that David would have a descendant that would save the world?

Also, I had read that in the original text the word "virgin" is the same as the word for "young unmarried woman". So really, the prophecy that the kind of kings would be born to a young unmarried woman, and the child would be a descendant of David hang together well.

The Catholic Church also believes Mary never had sex - that she remained a virgin all her life - and that Jesus had no brothers. However, Jesus' brothers are mentioned many times throughout the New Testament.

Old Today, 04:55 PM

53,408 posts, read 52,465,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The Immaculate Conception, in the Catholic Church, refers to the conception of Mary, not Jesus. The belief was that she was kept "immaculate" from the time of being conceived, through her conception of the infant Jesus.

The concept of the "virgin birth" seems a little confusing. For generations, the King of Kings, the Savior of the World, was predicted to be in the line of David, which Joseph, Mary's betrothed. was. If he is not the father of the Savior, I'm confused about why the prophesies that David would have a descendant that would save the world?

Also, I had read that in the original text the word "virgin" is the same as the word for "young unmarried woman". So really, the prophecy that the kind of kings would be born to a young unmarried woman, and the child would be a descendant of David hang together well.

The Catholic Church also believes Mary never had sex - that she remained a virgin all her life - and that Jesus had no brothers. However, Jesus' brothers are mentioned many times throughout the New Testament.
Yes, I am aware of all of that.

I just found his mixed terminology amusing in view of what it meant literally.

Old Today, 04:59 PM

8,252 posts, read 3,278,130 times
Quote:
Yes, I am aware of all of that.

I just found his mixed terminology amusing in view of what it meant literally.
Well, I grew up Catholic and didn't know 'til a couple years ago that the Immaculate Conception referred to Mary, not Jesus. ;D

Old Today, 05:00 PM

38,499 posts, read 25,939,992 times
Quote:
It is just one more example of the confusion between "conception" (the fun part) and "birth" (the not so fun part), MQ. Most of us know the difference but it does seem to confuse an awful lot of Christians when it refers to spiritual events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or