Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM

47 posts, read 71,016 times

Advertisements

Paul of Tarsus, was definitely the founder of the christian faith, as we know it today. He was a Jew. Not any Jew but a fundamentalist and zealous of the traditions of his fathers. (Galatians 1: 14). He is more known by his persecution of christians than by the fact that he established the rules and conditions that define christianity.

Paul was a very educated man and a gifted manipulator; from a persecutor of christians, he went up the ladder to become THE apostle. There is no doubt that his faith in Christ was sincere and absolute. He died decapitated in Rome in 67 A.D.

Now his epistles or letters are cited by scholars more than the Gospels, when some doubt about christianity arises.

In his epistle to The Romans, (Chapter 1, versicles 3 and 4), he testifies 3) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

From the cited source, Paul definitely sustains that Jesus was from the line of blood of king David, which means that Joseph the carpenter was his father according to the flesh and that Jesus was conceived as a result of a biological proceeding.

Versicle 4 contains an even more disturbing declaration. Jesus was declared to be the Son of God by the resurrection from the dead.

That's Paul's testimony and a simple and sincere analysis, provides some facts that most christians ignore. The first is that according to Paul, Jesus was "declared" Son of God but no hint suggests who made the declaration nor do we know the degree of credibility he had. If the declaration is attributed to "the people", by no means it should be taken seriously because they wouldn't have the authority nor the identity to pronounce such declaration.

No less important the fact that Paul says that the declaration was done after the resurrection from the dead. So does it mean that nobody believed in the divinity of Jesus until someone told them that he had risen from the dead? What about the three years he spent teaching and performing miracles? How do we explain the denial of Peter? Was he faking his faith?

I consider myself a christian, but the only clues that suggest divine features in Jesus would be his techings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 PM

604 posts, read 750,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagib otayek View Post
Paul of Tarsus, was definitely the founder of the christian faith, as we know it today. He was a Jew. Not any Jew but a fundamentalist and zealous of the traditions of his fathers. (Galatians 1: 14). He is more known by his persecution of christians than by the fact that he established the rules and conditions that define christianity.

Paul was a very educated man and a gifted manipulator; from a persecutor of christians, he went up the ladder to become THE apostle. There is no doubt that his faith in Christ was sincere and absolute. He died decapitated in Rome in 67 A.D.

Now his epistles or letters are cited by scholars more than the Gospels, when some doubt about christianity arises.

In his epistle to The Romans, (Chapter 1, versicles 3 and 4), he testifies 3) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

From the cited source, Paul definitely sustains that Jesus was from the line of blood of king David, which means that Joseph the carpenter was his father according to the flesh and that Jesus was conceived as a result of a biological proceeding.

Versicle 4 contains an even more disturbing declaration. Jesus was declared to be the Son of God by the resurrection from the dead.

That's Paul's testimony and a simple and sincere analysis, provides some facts that most christians ignore. The first is that according to Paul, Jesus was "declared" Son of God but no hint suggests who made the declaration nor do we know the degree of credibility he had. If the declaration is attributed to "the people", by no means it should be taken seriously because they wouldn't have the authority nor the identity to pronounce such declaration.

No less important the fact that Paul says that the declaration was done after the resurrection from the dead. So does it mean that nobody believed in the divinity of Jesus until someone told them that he had risen from the dead? What about the three years he spent teaching and performing miracles? How do we explain the denial of Peter? Was he faking his faith?

I consider myself a christian, but the only clues that suggest divine features in Jesus would be his techings.

Countless amounts of times it says in the Bible, they thought he was Christ.

He was born of the Virgin MAry, meaning no man-woman conception...
Holy Spirit put him there.

Christian Faith was not created or founded by anyone (1) man... Adam and Eve believed in God, but the Christians faith is believing Jesus is the Son of God and he died to save us from our sins...

Where does Paul say all of this? Is sounds EASILY disprovable, and whats a "Versicle"?

Could not have been a Jew, Jews believe Jesus lived, but don't believe he is the way to Heaven.

Credibility?? Thats funny...
Thats like saying you don't have the credibility to say if a car is a car, who DOES have the credibility??

Peter's "denial" was him fearing for his life...

Think I got everything...

Regards,
Kings

Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Nagib, I'm just going to answer the question posed in the title of your thread, and skip the rest for now. Yes, God was really the Father of Jesus.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:51 PM

425 posts, read 366,875 times
I can be just as offensive contending for salvation without having to account immaculate conception as being anything but but the ultimate textbook example of Kosher lovemaking a man and woman could engage in while conceiving. Matter of fact I can offend 360 by doing so . That special o so very romantic night was ingrained in both Mary and Joseph's hearts and minds.Deep inside they knew their passionate embrace would bear a messiah. Every soul that proceeds from the Guf of YHVH is His child. Yeshuah just happened to be the Meshiach. Enoch was translated , his son died. Joseph died , his son was translated. Want more proof ? Elijah was translated too. Kinda fouls the only Jesus could do that routine don't it? Only Jesus could ascend into heaven because he only he was born of heaven ? Nope , and Enoch helped Jesus while he was in the hell realms , gave him some keys that he needed that were entrusted to David..... Case closed. Immaculate.

Last edited by Rabbi Dakota; 04-14-2010 at 11:06 PM..

Old 04-15-2010, 01:14 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
In 1 Timothy 2:5, Paul writes: For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Jesus was a man...same DNA as any of us.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 PM

425 posts, read 366,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
In 1 Timothy 2:5, Paul writes: For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Jesus was a man...same DNA as any of us.
I'm not sure if irony is the word for the fact that lineages are given for Jesus ending in Joseph as his pappy.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 AM

I am not denying, the divinity of Jesus nor his being Son of God. If You read my post in Christian Morality, page 23 number 226, You will find my explanation of the virginal birth, the resurrection and other unusual events narrated in The Holy Bible. More threads will follow, hoping for Your generous help.

This opening thread is directed at the apostle Paul's statement about Jesus' blood relation with King David and about the declaration of "son of God" after the resurrection.

Versicles are the paragraphs or sentences that appear in The Bible signaled with a number that identifies them. Usually, the Book, the chapter and the number identify a versicle, for example:Mark chapter 4 versicle 22 "For there is nothing hid which shall not be manifested..."

My regards and respect.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
I'm not sure if irony is the word for the fact that lineages are given for Jesus ending in Joseph as his pappy.
Ask the churches, they'll claim "HERESY". They deny the possibility that Joseph was Jesus' father. It doesn't matter God is the father of all humans.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:34 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The only seed Joseph and Mary and the line of Spiritual Fathers King David even back to Adam was the Seed of Spiritual Authority of faith for Heaven to bring Jesus into being, there was No seed from Joseph or Mary....... In the word Luke 1:35 ``The Holy Spirit shall come upon you and the power of the Highest shall over shadow you therefore also that holy things which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God``....... God is the flesh that gave life to Jesus, there is no other account that says that Joseph and Mary gave any seed. You either believe the miracles of the Lord God and believe the Word of God or you make up your own account for yourself.......

Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Nagib, I'm just going to answer the question posed in the title of your thread, and skip the rest for now. Yes, God was really the Father of Jesus.
I did not write the epistle to the romans nor other expressions mentioned. It was Paul. All humans may become sons of GOD unless they choose evil instead of good. GOD's power that goes beyond our understanding, can make a virgin give birth, raise the dead, create or destroy the world. Yes,
I agree with You that GOD was really the Father of Jesus. He was also the Father of Peter, Paul, John and possibly yours or mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity