Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times

Advertisements

There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. (1 Cor 15:40-41)

Stars, moon, sun etc are celestial, and then there's the One who is glorious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 09:02 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Among the hundreds of billions of galaxies each filled with billions of stars, I believe there is life, intelligent life out there:

Eph 3:15 after Whom every kindred in the heavens and on earth is being named,
Ephesians 3:15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. Scroll down to read the commentary for the meaning of the passage.

The entire stellar universe (the second heaven) is the home of the angels.

Could there be animal life and plant life on other planets? Perhaps. But this is not a Star-Trek or a Star-Gate SG1 universe. Besides the angelic beings, there are no beings other then man (who is confined to this earth) in the universe, that are of a moral nature. At the end of the Millennium, the present heavens and earth will be destroyed and recreated in a perfect state.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:04 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
First and foremost there is no biblical clarity to any idea that there absolutely cannot be life elsewhere in the universe. The problem however is that our association of what that life may be is primarily built upon fear.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
IMO, I don't think there is life on other planets.I think it's 'all about us'.That's just how special we are,how special God made us.
I do think that question was answered for us with the verses 'the heavens declare the glory of God,and the firmament showeth His handiwork'.IOW-I made all of this just to show you how Mighty I am and how much I love you.

I laugh whenever I see someone claim to be abducted by aliens... it just isn't true.Ex: Travis Walton and his cohorts had every reason to want to be released from that forestry contract they were nowhere near finishing. (and don't get me started with lie detector tests,I'm very familiar with true crime,and yes,I do think they all LIED.End of subject,I do not debate,thx ).
Laugh away. Millions of people are lying or delusional? Plus, no life on other planets?
In all due respect, spend a little time researching the subject before you make these blanket statements.
I've seen UFO's myself on multiple occasions WITH other people so I know they are real. PLus, how do you account for implants that can't be explained taken from abductees?
The multiverse is a BIG place, teaming with life.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Ephesians 3:15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. Scroll down to read the commentary for the meaning of the passage.

The entire stellar universe (the second heaven) is the home of the angels.

Could there be animal life and plant life on other planets? Perhaps. But this is not a Star-Trek or a Star-Gate SG1 universe. Besides the angelic beings, there are no beings other then man (who is confined to this earth) in the universe, that are of a moral nature. At the end of the Millennium, the present heavens and earth will be destroyed and recreated in a perfect state.
You can't know this is not a Star-Tek or Star-Gate SG1 universe. The Bible does not say we humans are the only ones in God's universe.

There are spirit beings controlling the humans of earth. If they are here for that reason, why are there spirit beings amongst the vast starry reaches of space? Obviously they too are controlling sentient beings sort of like us.

The heavens and earth that are going to be destroyed at the end of the millennium does not mean the entire universe is to be destroyed but only the cloudy heavens from which our clouds and rain fall will be destroyed.
There are heavens and then there are the heavens of the vast starry reaches of space.

There are birds which fly in the heavens (surely you don't think the birds can fly to the moon!) And there are the heavens in which the sun, moon and stars abide.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:24 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You can't know this is not a Star-Tek or Star-Gate SG1 universe. The Bible does not say we humans are the only ones in God's universe.

There are spirit beings controlling the humans of earth. If they are here for that reason, why are there spirit beings amongst the vast starry reaches of space? Obviously they too are controlling sentient beings sort of like us.

The heavens and earth that are going to be destroyed at the end of the millennium does not mean the entire universe is to be destroyed but only the cloudy heavens from which our clouds and rain fall will be destroyed.
There are heavens and then there are the heavens of the vast starry reaches of space.

There are birds which fly in the heavens (surely you don't think the birds can fly to the moon!) And there are the heavens in which the sun, moon and stars abide.
The first heaven is the atmosphere of the earth, where the birds fly (1 Kings 14:11). The second heaven is where the sun, moon and stars are and which is the abode of the angels (Deuternomy 4:19). The third Heaven is the throne room of God (2 Cor. 12:2-4, Eph. 4:10). There are no Vulcans, Klingons, Romulans, green skinned Orien women, Q's, Goa'ulds, ascended beings...etc... There are angels, man, and animals. Man is confined to the planet earth where he is resolving the angelic conflict.

The entire universe will be destroyed and recreated in a state of perfection. There will be nothing of Satan's rebellion in the new heavens and earth. Therefore, the present universe will be destroyed in its entirety and Satan, the fallen angels and unbelieving mankind will be locked away in that place known as the lake of fire.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:05 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,273 times
NIV © Col 2:8See to it that no-one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,525 times
Default Life on other planets?

Angels and demons are misconstrued as ET's on Earth.

There aren't any references to life on other planets in the Bible as far as I know. That doesn't mean that they doesn't exist. If they do exist they would either be like Adam and Eve before they sinned, or the ETs would be animals or plants...

Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
The "TRUTH"...

GOD did not create anything in vain...

Blessings everyone...

Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
I don't believe the Bible takes a position one way or the other. Personally, I believe that God has created worlds without number. I don't believe they're in our solar system. Maybe they're not even in our galaxy or our universe. But they are somewhere. I strongly believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity