U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,417,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifythesininme View Post
i have some friends who be were Preaching to me yesterday about the importance of the Name of The messiah and of the Almighty One.
Their belief's are:
The messiah's name is Yeshua ( i have always called on Jesus's Name.)
The almighty's name is Yahweh( they don't say god/lord as they believe these are pagan names) they actually make it a strong point to correct me each time if i use the god/ lord/ jesus.

The names Yahweh and Yeshua don't bother me at all. the understanding shown to me thus far by the spirit... i have not been given the importance of his name ..( for are these his names or his titles?)
i really am in the dark with this.

After the conversation.. i felt confused.. I love the lord and i love to speak of his greatness with people also walking in his light,(with spirit) but i felt as if i couldn't fully express my love for him for the name was the only important thing.

I ask God for truth and light each day.. for my desires are to please him and not to be "Correct" but to be obedient to HIm and him alone.. i cant simply Accept a person's teachings without conviction of God/the spirit himself..

So my question to you is: has anyone who is honestly/truely/diligently seeking the kingdom and all his righteousness, been given the revelation about the inportance of his name?

I have asked him to guide me to the truth.. and i found myself writting this question on this forum.. maybe someone here can help lead me to it..( with instruction from the spirit ofcourse (:

Blessing to You.
I AM THAT I AM (his name according to his word and work that is being revealed)

I had an experience that necessitated my knowing how to address my CREATOR to protect me from spiritual deception.

There are two TITLES that cannot be claimed by evil:

"LORD GOD ALMIGHTY" The Creator who created and loved me. (El Shaddai in Hebrew)

"THE CHRIST JESUS", my Saviour and Redeemer. (Yeshua in Hebrew)

YHWH is the name The Almighty gave when he appeared to Moses pertaining the promised land. (Jehovah in English)

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I AM EL SHADDAI; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name EL SHADDAI, but by my name YHWH was I not known to them.

Finally:
Revelation 21:22 And I saw NO TEMPLE therein: for the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY (El Shaddai) and the Lamb (The Christ) are the temple of it.

Blessings my friend...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:30 PM

425 posts, read 273,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Actually Ehyeh is the future tense . "I will be "

Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Actually Ehyeh is the future tense . "I will be "

I had an experience that necessitated my knowing how to address my CREATOR to protect me from spiritual deception.

"LORD GOD ALMIGHTY" The Creator who created and loved me. (El Shaddai in Hebrew)

YHWH is the name The Almighty gave when he appeared to Moses pertaining the promised land. (Jehovah in English)

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I AM EL SHADDAI; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name EL SHADDAI, but by my name YHWH was I not known to them.

Finally:
Revelation 21:22 And I saw NO TEMPLE therein: for the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY (El Shaddai) and the Lamb (The Christ) are the temple of it.

Blessings...

Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 PM

15,029 posts, read 7,543,851 times
Quote:
Most of this document is about God's personal name, which reveals His Real name, but God's Real name can't be written down in any book.
That's a snippet from the following article, which I found to be an uplifting read:

God is not God's Name

Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:

Finally:

Blessings...
The Word of God has a new hidden name because Yeshuah is in fact a compromised name. The son wears the Name Yeshuah like a garment and the grapes of wrath that he treads are the folks that took on the external form of a Christian and invoked his name for evil. YHVH is who we are to worship , The Word of God is who we are to obey until he turns the kingdom back over to YHVH for the final Judgment and Recreation. Call him Adonay , call him El Shaddai , or call him Allah at your own peril.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
The Word of God has a new hidden name because Yeshuah is in fact a compromised name. The son wears the Name Yeshuah like a garment and the grapes of wrath that he treads are the folks that took on the external form of a Christian and invoked his name for evil. YHVH is who we are to worship , The Word of God is who we are to obey until he turns the kingdom back over to YHVH for the final Judgment and Recreation. Call him Adonay , call him El Shaddai , or call him Allah at your own peril.
I call the Creator who loved me "LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, THE CHRIST MY REDEEMER" who went by the name of YHWH when he revealed to Moses the promised land. He has a new name "THE WORD OF GOD" (Rev.19:13) in his second coming!

The two "TITLES" that cannot be claimed by evil. That my friend does not put me at peril...

Final address: Scriptural!
Revelation 21:22 ...LORD GOD ALMIGHTY (The CREATOR) and the lamb (The Christ Jesus).

Blessings...

Old 04-15-2010, 04:15 PM

17 posts, read 15,997 times
Thanks for all the responses.
I am not sure why i was feeling confused... I praise Him with all my heart and love him with all my might ... and i trust that he will not mislead me and i know that he will show me all that i need to know in his time. For i Seek His Truth and wisdom not the worlds own.

He revealed to me that i will know his name when i am emptied of worldly things and full of HIS Spirit. I rest in this. and i continue to seek him with all my might.
Blessings to all of you.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I call the Creator who loved me "LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, THE CHRIST MY REDEEMER" who went by the name of YHWH when he revealed to Moses the promised land. He has a new name "THE WORD OF GOD" (Rev.19:13) in his second coming!

The two "TITLES" that cannot be claimed by evil. That my friend does not put me at peril...

Final address: Scriptural!
Revelation 21:22 ...LORD GOD ALMIGHTY (The CREATOR) and the lamb (The Christ Jesus).

Blessings...
Your missing the point. In fact the power of the Word was harnessed for evil by rulers intent on making religious authority theirs. The Name of Jesus Christ has been nailed to the world and thus to evil. Evil works within the good , and good works within the evil. It is all happening in one field. That is the result of crucifixion. It is because Satan has been linked to the Name of Jesus Christ on the cross that it has been defeated. That is why Satan appears in the New testament so often. IF you want to build up the church worship YHVH .Recite the Shema in Hebrew. It establishes the connection between heaven and earth. The Complete Shema Recited in Hebrew
The Day of YHVH
28“And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
30I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of YHVH
32And everyone who calls
on the name of YHVH will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as YHVH has said,
among the survivors
whom YHVH calls.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 PM

7,861 posts, read 6,669,826 times
....spirit of religion teaches the use of all other names except the truth, Use Jesus or Yeshua. ....All power is given the the Son of God Jesus Christ and all other names are dry and have no power in with the Lord God, and the Use of Lord God is not pagan or this rejects the Old Testament where the use is ..... The commandments of the Lord says in Deuteronomy 5: 11....``Thou shall not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain for the Lord will not hold thim guiltless that taken his name in vain``....... so how do you take his name in vain?...if you belittle his name,..,if you use his name as a curse, if you belittle his identity which is his commandment and his purpose...There is no other name in Heaven than Jesus and all authority goes to HIS name, therfor all Angels of the Lord and the Judgement of faith through Holy Spirit will only respond to the name of Jesus or Yeshua, and all other names have no Power in Prayer to the Lord..... The identity of Jesus is the Second Adam for Yeshua is the name the power of Heaven will repond, For Adam was the Lord God first choice for the Son of Man.......But Adam sinned against the command of the Lord, so the Lord sent Jesus around 4,000 years later as Plan B....... which Jesus won the honor that Adam had lost...... All other names of Lord God are powerless in the earth, but there you can still study there meaning for the attibute of the Character of the Lord God...........

Old 04-16-2010, 04:11 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,133,752 times
When you have once become truly God-conscious, after you really discover the majestic Creator and begin to experience the realization of the indwelling presence of the divine controller, then, in accordance with your enlightenment and in accordance with the manner and method by which the divine Sons reveal God, you will find a name for the Universal Father which will be adequately expressive of your concept of the First Great Source and Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity