Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 AM

17 posts, read 18,952 times

Advertisements

i have some friends who be were Preaching to me yesterday about the importance of the Name of The messiah and of the Almighty One.
Their belief's are:
The messiah's name is Yeshua ( i have always called on Jesus's Name.)
The almighty's name is Yahweh( they don't say god/lord as they believe these are pagan names) they actually make it a strong point to correct me each time if i use the god/ lord/ jesus.

The names Yahweh and Yeshua don't bother me at all. the understanding shown to me thus far by the spirit... i have not been given the importance of his name ..( for are these his names or his titles?)
i really am in the dark with this.

After the conversation.. i felt confused.. I love the lord and i love to speak of his greatness with people also walking in his light,(with spirit) but i felt as if i couldn't fully express my love for him for the name was the only important thing.

I ask God for truth and light each day.. for my desires are to please him and not to be "Correct" but to be obedient to HIm and him alone.. i cant simply Accept a person's teachings without conviction of God/the spirit himself..

So my question to you is: has anyone who is honestly/truely/diligently seeking the kingdom and all his righteousness, been given the revelation about the inportance of his name?

I have asked him to guide me to the truth.. and i found myself writting this question on this forum.. maybe someone here can help lead me to it..( with instruction from the spirit ofcourse (:

Blessing to You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Love is who you are. A name is meaningless when you are Love.
It matters not what you call God or Jesus, as long as you call them.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Love is who you are. A name is meaningless when you are Love.
It matters not what you call God or Jesus, as long as you call them.
Yes... call him George if you want... just call him.

I have the same problem when people say Allah is not God when it's translation is God, same with Dios in spanish. A name in the Hebrew culture was a description. Jesus "God saves", John "gift from God", Emmanuel "God with us"....

God is the generic term for a higher being. Yahweh is the name the Jews only speak in prayer as they believe it is God's personal name. Yeshua is the proper Hebrew name and is transliterated into Greek as Iesous then to the latin Iesus and from there the English say Jesus, and in the spanish culture it is pronounced differently although spelled the same.

Each culture is different yet God sees the heart and will know you mean to talk to him even if you call him George.

IMHO of course.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:10 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airō View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood you then. I apologize if you were merely explaining that Allah is Arabic for God and not implying that the Muslim Allah is the same as the Christian God.

Regarding your first statement, Reverend does not believe in the fundamental truths of the Bible, therefore he is not a Biblical Christian. It's not an insult, just a fact.
I AM implying that those calling out to ALLAH are calling out to God...

There is only one God... not two (Christian, Muslim). You may think they serve a different God but it is the God of Abraham they serve. The same Yahweh whom they call Allah.

As far as the Reverend.... I don't believe in the fundamental OPINONS of the bible either. So are you saying there are biblical christians and non-biblical christians? Christian, Muslim, Buddhist... all names/labels people place on themselves and others.... but what does God say?

It is not an insult.... it is your opinion. However.... WHAT DOES GOD SAY? Does God answer to the name ALLAH if you should call him that?

Does God call the Reverend a biblical Christian or a son?

How do you know what is fact and what is truth?

I doubt you will find either of us are offended (we have pretty think skin) but I felt the need to point out that just because you or the OP's friends say God wants this or that... doesn't make it fact.. simply opinion.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
To the OP,

City-data probably isn't the place for you to ask such a question because this forum is plagued with all kinds of "god is who I make up in my mind" kind of people. No offense to him, but Reverend is a mystic and not a Christian by Biblical standards, and kat seems to be a universalist that thinks God is the same God for all religions and it doesn't matter what path you take as long as you take a path. Of course, this is not biblical either.

If you are asking this question because you are a born again Christian, please go to this trustworthy site that should help explain these things to you from a fundamentally Biblical perspective:

What do LORD, GOD, Lord, God, etc., stand for in the Bible? Why are they used in place of God's name?

What are the different names of God and what do they mean?

What is YHWH? What is the tetragrammaton?

If His name was Yeshua, why do we call Him Jesus?

If you are English speaking, the name "Jesus" is perfectly fine. Don't let others put you in bondage over the name. His name is Jesus.
Actually, Jesus was/is a jewish mystic by all standards of the term. He was never a christian. I am a christian because I follow the teachings of Christ and not man made religions. Therein lies the difference betwen you and me.

And, He is Christ Michael, if you really want to get literal. He is the creator of our universe. That makes Him very special and not just Jesus. He is my brother and friend and to say I do not follow Him is an insult to Him as well as me. Keep your opinions about who is what to yourself please. You have no idea who I am because you think I am not a child of God as you are just because of some man made book you address as scripture. You worship that book if you want. I'll worship God.

For specifics, you had no name when you were created. A name is not who you are. A name is just something humans give to each other so they can identify another. In the spirit world, names are of no importance and will not get you to God any faster than one who has no name.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Perhaps I misunderstood you then. I apologize if you were merely explaining that Allah is Arabic for God and not implying that the Muslim Allah is the same as the Christian God.

Regarding your first statement, Reverend does not believe in the fundamental truths of the Bible, therefore he is not a Biblical Christian. It's not an insult, just a fact.
The kind Reverend is a girl. Please address me as such.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:27 PM

425 posts, read 366,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is the kind of confusion that is rampant within Christianity. A Christian is a follower of Christ . . . NOT a follower of the Bible . . . that would be a Biblean. Christ is the LIVING Word of God that is the basis for Christianity . . . NOT the Bible . . . unless you believe He is dead and is no more.
My understanding is that Christoz is the LOGOS in it's entirety . Seven eyes Seven horns roaming the earth forming the super ego planetary/universal consciousness.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 PM

177 posts, read 304,478 times
Does it make a difference if your children call you mom, mommy, mother or moma? It doesn't matter to me. I just love to hear their voices. God is the Father. He just wants your time and love. Call him whatever you want-- JUST CALL! And call often.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
The bible MUST be read THROUGH the "mind of Christ" . . . not the veil of ignorance that is over the "written in ink" OT. IF you read the bible thinking that the descriptions of Jehovah in the OT is the true nature of God . . . you are misguided and deceived by the veil of ignorance that Christ came to remove. You must read through the "mind of Christ" to understand the true nature of God as love.
You know your not being fair. The NT is blood , the OT is the flesh is a reasonable way of saying it .Not the only way mind you. You wont find the base genetic codes in Greek. That is not what Greek is meant to function as within Christoz. The interpretation the Jews had was one that was based on a couple of inscribed rocks. The interpretation Christians should have in one of the OT in entirety being present within the DNA of what was the body of Jesus Christ. If you reject the OT you reject YHVH , Yeshuah was YHVH in flesh. The second Adam.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I do NOT reject the OT . . . I reinterpret it through the "mind of Christ" as He revealed the TRUE NATURE of God to us to lift the veil of ignorance that produced all the misunderstanding of Jehovah.
There is no veil over new publications of the OT ink and all. Try reading a Jerusalem bible by Koren. Most serious seminary students have one. Don't even get me started on the kinds of people who are Sophers now writing Torah Scrolls. Woman are in the mix. Again like I always say , study Hebrew and the related other languages for clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity