U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 06:50 PM

2,900 posts, read 3,886,745 times

Advertisements

Apparently, Kansas City's World Revival Church has been the site of an ongoing revival that attracted people from all around the world. I just heard about it tonight. Daystar Network is broadcasting its praise and worship services live every Friday night starting at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time. Is it authentic revival?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 PM

6,652 posts, read 7,119,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Apparently, Kansas City's World Revival Church has been the site of an ongoing revival that attracted people from all around the world. I just heard about it tonight. Daystar Network is broadcasting its praise and worship services live every Friday night starting at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time. Is it authentic revival?
If it is based solely on the saving Grace of Jesus and not some emotion led, prophecy based hype from a charismatic leader, then I would say it may be.

Odds are it is not, just like all of the other hype based revivals they die down and the flock move on to the next emotion filled leader or leave the faith entirely completely hurt and disillusioned.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:42 PM

702 posts, read 844,552 times
The thing is, people taught of the Spirit to distinguish what His yearning in us is about understand we need not only "Revival of Spirit," as good as that is. But, in order for it not to afterwards revert to business as usual, we also cry out for, "Reformation of Structure," that is, a new way to meet: under the headship of Christ, every member participating. We also greatly desire, "Recovery of Doctrine" so we are self-aware of the improvements God makes. There are false traditions of men in what we do and what we believe. These need to be corrected and we need to come back to what the Bible actually says. We are also in travail for, "Resurrection of Embodiment" which is part of the "Return of Jesus."

Old 04-24-2011, 04:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,962 times
Revival defined in websters is to be brought back to life, something Christians need so desperately today. I grew up in church, and yet i was depressed, disheartened, and dead inside, living with a condition in my eyes that was going to cause me to go blind by my 16th birthday. I had reverted to suicide attempts, not wanting to go through live blind, that is when i found World Revival Church. They told me that i can have hope, and that I didn't have to live in my sickness anymore. They prayed for me and I had a God encounter like Abraham in the Bible, and encounter that overwhelmed me, I felt the glory of God. Joy was brought back to me, i became alive again. And then to top it off, 1 of their pastors prayed for me and i recieved a miracle healing, something that i was told was impossible. You can meet feel the glory of God at World Revival Church, you can receive healing too, and you can come alive again.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:31 AM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevivedAgain View Post
Revival defined in websters is to be brought back to life, something Christians need so desperately today. I grew up in church, and yet i was depressed, disheartened, and dead inside, living with a condition in my eyes that was going to cause me to go blind by my 16th birthday. I had reverted to suicide attempts, not wanting to go through live blind, that is when i found World Revival Church. They told me that i can have hope, and that I didn't have to live in my sickness anymore. They prayed for me and I had a God encounter like Abraham in the Bible, and encounter that overwhelmed me, I felt the glory of God. Joy was brought back to me, i became alive again. And then to top it off, 1 of their pastors prayed for me and i recieved a miracle healing, something that i was told was impossible. You can meet feel the glory of God at World Revival Church, you can receive healing too, and you can come alive again.
If it involves donating MONEY . . . it is bogus flim flam, period!!! Christ does not require or ask for MONEY for any reason, period . . . let alone the blessings of His Holy Spirit. I get so tired of the scams and greed-inspired exploitation of the spiritually needy. God abides with us (no matter what) and He requires no money from us for anything. He knows and understands your situation and circumstances perfectly and only wants you to "love God and each other." ANYONE asking you for MONEY in the name of God is a false teacher, exploiter, and will face a special fate.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:13 AM

2,900 posts, read 3,886,745 times
I am not sure that I am able to always tell rightaway what is genuine and authentic, but after watching snippets of World Revival telecasts, I am highly unconvinced that this is true revival. I am open to any evidence to the contrary however.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,220 times
If you are truly interested in revival, I would recommend becoming a student of it, rather than surfing the net looking for questionably informed people's opinions (no offense intended). Biblical revival is a turning back of the people of God to more fully fulfill and experience their covenant with God. For the New Testament church there are many implications as a result of the what the scriptures call "the promise of the spirit." True revival should have evidence of a few kinds of fruit. (The fruit of repentance, the fruit of the spirit, and the works of the Holy Spirit should be present). There are also many fascinating accounts of revival throughout history that you should acquaint yourself with. You may find that you are surprised at what you find when you begin to dig. For all of the talk of revival, I am increasingly convinced that many who posture as having 'opinions worth hearing' not only have never experienced true revival, but actually know precious little on the matter as well. So look it up! (those who diligently seek will find!) Good luck!

Last edited by Roostercrowing; 03-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercrowing View Post
If you are truly interested in revival, I would recommend becoming a student of it, rather than surfing the net looking for questionably informed people's opinions (no offense intended). Biblical revival is a turning back of the people of God to more fully fulfill and experience their covenant with God. For the New Testament church there are many implications as a result of the what the scriptures call "the promise of the spirit." True revival should have evidence of a few kinds of fruit. (The fruit of repentance, the fruit of the spirit, and the works of the Holy Spirit should be present). There are also many fascinating accounts of revival throughout history that you should acquaint yourself with. You may find that you are surprised at what you find when you begin to dig. For all of the talk of revival, I am increasingly convinced that many who posture as having 'opinions worth hearing' not only have never experienced true revival, but actually know precious little on the matter as well. So look it up! (those who diligently seek will find!) Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If it involves donating MONEY . . . it is bogus flim flam, period!!! Christ does not require or ask for MONEY for any reason, period . . . let alone the blessings of His Holy Spirit. I get so tired of the scams and greed-inspired exploitation of the spiritually needy. God abides with us (no matter what) and He requires no money from us for anything. He knows and understands your situation and circumstances perfectly and only wants you to "love God and each other." ANYONE asking you for MONEY in the name of God is a false teacher, exploiter, and will face a special fate.
Revivals take full advantage of the psychological techniques honed over decades to subvert the needs and desires of vulnerable people. The techniques are documented and fully understood. They involve getting people highly emotionally aroused and then guiding them to interpret their arousal in the way the manipulators desire. Motivating people is a very difficult task because it tends to be like trying to push a very huge (many tons) boulder. But if you can get the boulder to start rolling on its own (emotional) then it is a matter of nudging it to roll in the direction you want. That is how revivals work. They are money scams, period.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,766,490 times
revival must happen within our own hearts. Only God will bring revival if that is his will. Most of the time it is people feeding the emotions of the crowd. If it is from God it will be earthshaking, if it is of man then it would be short lived, 1,5, 10 years.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:35 PM

30,182 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
revival must happen within our own hearts. Only God will bring revival if that is his will. Most of the time it is people feeding the emotions of the crowd. If it is from God it will be earthshaking, if it is of man then it would be short lived, 1,5, 10 years.
We tend to look for God in the earthshaking things

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.
After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity