U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:01 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
LOL...I like the *whisper* thing. Oh my, how I used to lie....could look my parents straight in the eye and tell some whoppers. I don't care what anyone says, we all lie and we're all guilty of some or all of those sins listed. I understand why TwinSpin started the thread from his point of view but it makes it sound like NO ONE is going to heaven. I'm discounted just on the cowardly part.
And the wise/learned one too... don't forget

That's two strikes....

Old 04-17-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Luke 13:23
Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

Jesus' answer:

Luke 13:24
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

Matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

I don't think Jesus' main objective was to block the door/gate... he was just stating the obvious from his very WISE and LEARNED brain.... oops is Jesus saved?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 AM

21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Quote:
neither did I.
That's nice, but I didn't accuse you, and you did accuse me.

Quote:
That is impossible...because one can ask a Mormon, but can never quote one.
It's quite easy. You just did it throughout your reply.

Quote:
This we have in common. I also know how you feel about mine, the Lord, and his word (the Bible). Maybe you feel being "jabbed" isn't so much me doing the jabbing, but me not being "cowardly" about the truth.
Evidently you don't. I don't even know what church, if any, you attend. I love the Lord and I love the Bible. And here you are doing it again -- trying to get people to think I don't. That's lying, twin.spin. I thought that was something you could go to Hell for. And in case you didn't know it, one can easily stand up for his priciples and the truth, without trying to demean someone else's beliefs.

Quote:
It would not be loving for me to know that people who live like those on the list, think they are OK with God, when Jesus says they are not going to be in heaven. That being isn't judgemental.....
But Jesus taught repentence. You have never once addressed repentence in this thread. And you didn't answer my question about the woman caught in adultery. Why not?

Quote:
I know you don't care less for what he or anyone else says that conflicts the Mormonism belief based on the Bible. Which is what concerns me....it's my 6th sense coming through.
I have said nothing un-biblical, twin. Every example I have given comes from the Bible. When other people disagree with you, you manage to just stick to the issues. When I disagree with you, you always through in a negative comment about my religion. All I'm asking you to do is debate the topic at hand without constantly telling me that I don't love the Lord or believe the Bible and that this is because I'm a Mormon. Is that really too much to ask?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:15 AM

21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
The list is incomplete

How about "smug and self-righteous"? Good grief.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:16 AM

10,494 posts, read 10,070,117 times
[quote=twin.spin;13776261]God calls many of these people "dog's" and they are "outside" of heaven. Revelation 22:15

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
  1. the sexually immoral
  2. nor idolaters
  3. nor adulterers
  4. nor male prostitutes
  5. nor homosexual offenders,
  6. nor thieves
  7. nor the greedy
  8. nor drunkards
  9. nor slanderers
  10. nor swindlers,
  11. the cowardly,
  12. the unbelieving,
  13. the vile,
  14. the murderers,
  15. those who practice magic arts,
  16. all liars,
  17. everyone who loves and practices falsehood,
  18. self-seeking,
  19. and who reject the truth
  20. the wise
  21. and learned
Well thank goodness I won't be going to your Christian heaven, would not want to be there with all those un-learned and un-wise people, looks like your Christian heaven is going to be full of a bunch of uneducated people..

Old 04-17-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Quote:
God calls many of these people "dog's" and they are "outside" of heaven. Revelation 22:15

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
  1. the sexually immoral
  2. nor idolaters
  3. nor adulterers
  4. nor male prostitutes
  5. nor homosexual offenders,
  6. nor thieves
  7. nor the greedy
  8. nor drunkards
  9. nor slanderers
  10. nor swindlers,
  11. the cowardly,
  12. the unbelieving,
  13. the vile,
  14. the murderers,
  15. those who practice magic arts,
  16. all liars,
  17. everyone who loves and practices falsehood,
  18. self-seeking,
  19. and who reject the truth
  20. the wise
  21. and learned

Well thank goodness I won't be going to your Christian heaven, would not want to be there with all those un-learned and un-wise people, looks like your Christian heaven is going to be full of a bunch of uneducated people..
Don't worry, not many Christians will be there anyway. Ask a Christian if they believe Jesus was learned... or wise, then show them this list.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
i already got my asbestos suit in lay away, thanks for reminding me, i need to pick it up.
i think the big shock for jerry falwell and jimmy swaggart is that they will wake up with me without theirs.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-17-2010 at 10:51 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
And the wise/learned one too... don't forget

That's two strikes....
Actually, those don't apply so I'm good.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:02 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Default WHAT!?...Now there's a LIST!?

Quote:

the sexually immoral

the unbelieving,

self-seeking,

the wise

and learned
June's doomed.

~Although she's not so sure that there is necessarily a "qualifying list" with check points that will or won't gain one admission into heaven...Sometimes when one looks at the overall context, as opposed to the parts being the actual equivalent to the whole, it all looks very different. (Especially when interpreted as such.)

~Or so thinks this sexually immoral, seeker of herself who feels that she is wise in so doing, as it contributes to her learnedness tends to think....

Quote:
....justifying your attempt to prove yourself worthy isn't the topic of this OP. It's the failure of decieved not to live by faith.
June has the funny feeling that MOST believers are living by faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
I just thought of something cool...What if there is a, C-D forum, in the afterlife.
Not sure whether it would be a relief, or a point of celebration to all involved that June clearly wouldn't be moderating any C-D forum in the afterlife...(Due to the 'list' that disqualifies her right out of the gate.)

--Then again, given the actual list, itself, she has the feeling there wouldn't be too many posting in the afterlife to moderate!...

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says, we all lie and we're all guilty of some or all of those sins listed.....but it makes it sound like NO ONE is going to heaven. I'm discounted just on the cowardly part.
Ilene, do mean to tell June that you have lied? ~Huh? What!? (June muttering to self: "My goodness, how can this be? Say it isn't so!")

P.S. Are you lying about your ever having lied?

Take gentle care,

"Doomed June"

Old 04-17-2010, 11:04 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Quote:
Actually, those don't apply so I'm good.
Ilene,

June sure hopes you aren't lying to us about ^^^ that! (You aren't trying to "lie" your way in, now, are you!?)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity