U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:11 AM

11,822 posts, read 9,808,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Evidently you don't. I don't even know what church, if any, you attend. I love the Lord and I love the Bible. And here you are doing it again -- trying to get people to think I don't. That's lying, twin.spin. I thought that was something you could go to Hell for. And in case you didn't know it, one can easily stand up for his priciples and the truth, without trying to demean someone else's beliefs.
Mormonism doesn't...I know...I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
But Jesus taught repentence. You have never once addressed repentence in this thread. And you didn't answer my question about the woman caught in adultery. Why not?
Why not...
  1. I know Mormonese ...(the coinage of words and expressions used by Mormons, common words found in the Bible but having a alternative meaning). "Repentance" is a coined word and I'm not going to engage in a meaningless conversation
  2. I have decided to not activly engage any more Mormons in City-data. There are better ways out to reach them, people who are looking for the truth.
  3. My efforts and time is better spend freeing anybody (not just Mormons) from the bondage of a false gospel of good works by using human efforts in pleasing God **. The list isn't exclusive to of the Mormon faith. This isn't about Mormonism
  4. The difficulty in conversing with you is that everything I read from you, I read with Mormonism overtones. I know where you're coming from and how you are trying to do 2 things:
  • Confirming your own faith
  • Trying to lure others to your point of view\faith
You are what you are... Jeremiah 13:23

**Galatians 3:3
Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:30 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,197,034 times
Well, it looks like it is unaminous with my H and his church people that I broke away from.... and some in this thread.

I am "hellbound" In their opinion

I thank my God that he will be the one judging my heart, my deeds, words, actions and my faith and not those who are bound up in the sins of flesh and blood..

Old 04-17-2010, 01:16 PM

823 posts, read 1,080,838 times
God needs to know us. That is why I believe that many on CD who have different beliefs, but a true relationship with God the Father will have their name written in the book. Whether you are a Mormon, Baptist, Universalist, etc. If we love God, our Creator, with all of our Heart and become at-one with him and believe in Jesus....this is what is so important.

I also see some here who were once judgemental in others' beliefs become accepting of anothers faith and I see that clearly as being on the pathway to Heaven.

For me personally, I still have a long way to go, but I sure am working on it.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:09 PM

37,472 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Well, it looks like it is unaminous with my H and his church people that I broke away from.... and some in this thread.

I am "hellbound" In their opinion

I thank my God that he will be the one judging my heart, my deeds, words, actions and my faith and not those who are bound up in the sins of flesh and blood..
I suspect you will be at the head of the line entering Heaven, Miss Blue . . . if the amount of "love of God and each other" (30, 60 or 100-fold) determines our place.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,383,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Ilene,

June sure hopes you aren't lying to us about ^^^ that! (You aren't trying to "lie" your way in, now, are you!?)

Me thinks the wise and learned are also bad liars.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

Speaking of bad liars... My husband fails every time at lying... is just trying good enough (it sure annoys me)? or do you actually have to succeed in lying for it to count against you.

I don't think I have one outstanding lie that hasn't been uncovered...

So what about those who are exposed for that sin and repent after having known the truth or been 'born again?'

Twin? (BTW- I'm not Mormon so you can talk to me directly, right?)

Old 04-17-2010, 02:21 PM

425 posts, read 273,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

Of course they are , they hold the keys but do not enter themselves. Then again doesn't the Messiah hold the keys ? Paradox is afoot. For some reason Abbot and Costello just crossed me mind.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,145,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God calls many of these people "dog's" and they are "outside" of heaven. Revelation 22:15

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
  1. the sexually immoral
  2. nor idolaters
  3. nor adulterers
  4. nor male prostitutes
  5. nor homosexual offenders,
  6. nor thieves
  7. nor the greedy
  8. nor drunkards
  9. nor slanderers
  10. nor swindlers,
  11. the cowardly,
  12. the unbelieving,
  13. the vile,
  14. the murderers,
  15. those who practice magic arts,
  16. all liars,
  17. everyone who loves and practices falsehood,
  18. self-seeking,
  19. and who reject the truth
  20. the wise
  21. and learned
God's will being done.
One of the other Lord's prayers

Matthew 11:24-26
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
Including those who presume to know his will and make lists of who will go to heaven

Old 04-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Of course they are , they hold the keys but do not enter themselves. Then again doesn't the Messiah hold the keys ? Paradox is afoot. For some reason Abbot and Costello just crossed me mind.
Yes, I believe the Messiah was given the keys... Hmmmm..... so who's on 1st?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Including those who presume to know his will and make lists of who will go to heaven
In the original verse is the word 'reviler'....

Noah Webster's Dictionary1. (v.) To heap abuse and contemptuous language upon; to reproach.
2. (n.) Reproach; reviling.

The whole list itself screams contempt for others to me, but I'm no wise or learned person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity