Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:29 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,489,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
well, i haven't been doing any skulking lately, that i know of.

I hope i haven't been pusillanimous. I'm gonna have to find a dictionary. It
does sound rather gross, though, so i hope i don't have that problem.

I hope not either

Old 04-16-2010, 10:44 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I extrapolated that from the many previous conversations we've had.
That's absolute nonsense. I have never once implied that I was more or less worthy than the next person. You didn't like my response to your question, so you threw in a personal attack. If you're going to make accusations against me, at least make sure you can provide some evidence to support them (an actual quote would be nice for a change). I know how you feel about my religion, because you take every opportunity you can to bash it. I don't know why every conversation we have ends up with you throwing in a jab against Mormonism. You're just never content to just stick to the point being debated. It's starting to get kind of old. So go ahead and be judgmental if that's what it takes to make you feel good about yourself. But if you're going to make personal remarks about me in the future, you had better be able to substantiate them.

Quote:
sciotamicks very simply and correctly stated why these people were not part of God's list. They didn't have to prove themself worthy or, they only trusted in God's free mercy and forgiveness.
I couldn't care less what sciotamicks said. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to "sin no more." He obviously expected her to repent. If all He expected of her was trust, why did He tell her to change her behavior in the future?

Quote:
God's forgiveness isn't conditional. This list of God's are the conditions that make the damned....damned.
Apparently it is, because you keep pointing out that we have to believe in Him or be damned. If that's not conditional forgiveness, what is?

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-16-2010 at 11:15 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,166 times
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom - so there you have a complete list narrowed down to one description.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:02 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,489,469 times
If I may....I'll break this down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's absolute nonsense. I have never once implied that I was more or less worthy than the next person. .
neither did I.

Quote:
You didn't like my response to your question, so you threw in a personal attack. If you're going to make accusations against me, at least make sure you can provide some evidence to support them (an actual quote would be nice for a change)..
That is impossible...because one can ask a Mormon, but can never quote one.

Quote:
I know how you feel about my religion, because you take every opportunity you can to bash it. I don't know why every conversation we have ends up with you throwing in a jab against Mormonism. .
This we have in common. I also know how you feel about mine, the Lord, and his word (the Bible). Maybe you feel being "jabbed" isn't so much me doing the jabbing, but me not being "cowardly" about the truth.

<a cowardly failure to stand up for principle>

If you truly understood me and my intentions, you wouldn't rush to the "bash defense"

Quote:
You're just never content to just stick to the point being debated. It's starting to get kind of old. So go ahead and be judgmental if that's what it takes to make you feel good about yourself. .
It would not be loving for me to know that people who live like those on the list, think they are OK with God, when Jesus says they are not going to be in heaven. That being isn't judgemental.....

Quote:
But if you're going to make personal remarks about me in the future, you had better be able to substantiate them.
Moderator cut: Reference to moderation

Quote:
I couldn't care less what sciotamicks said. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to "sin no more." He obviously expected her to repent. If all He expected of her was trust, why did He tell her to change her behavior in the future?
I know you don't care less for what he or anyone else says that conflicts the Mormonism belief based on the Bible. Which is what concerns me....it's my 6th sense coming through.

Quote:
Apparently it is, because you keep pointing out that we have to believe in Him or be damned. If that's not conditional forgiveness, what is?
I must keep on pointing it out:

1 Corinthians 1:18
[ Christ the Wisdom and Power of God ] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Last edited by june 7th; 04-17-2010 at 07:40 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 04:19 AM

672 posts, read 665,211 times
rev 20:15

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

rev 21:27

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:22 AM

672 posts, read 665,211 times
God will not condemn His elect, because Christ died [was condemned] for them.

rom 8:

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,031 times
You shall know the tree by it's fruit

Old 04-17-2010, 04:49 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,345 times
The list is incomplete

How about "smug and self-righteous"? Good grief.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:52 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
The list is incomplete

How about "smug and self-righteous"? Good grief.
I believe 18 self-seeking covered it?

Old 04-17-2010, 05:26 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,551,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God calls many of these people "dog's" and they are "outside" of heaven. Revelation 22:15

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
  1. the sexually immoral
  2. nor idolaters
  3. nor adulterers
  4. nor male prostitutes
  5. nor homosexual offenders,
  6. nor thieves
  7. nor the greedy
  8. nor drunkards
  9. nor slanderers
  10. nor swindlers,
  11. the cowardly,
  12. the unbelieving,
  13. the vile,
  14. the murderers,
  15. those who practice magic arts,
  16. all liars,
  17. everyone who loves and practices falsehood,
  18. self-seeking,
  19. and who reject the truth
  20. the wise
  21. and learned
God's will being done.
One of the other Lord's prayers

Matthew 11:24-26
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: Neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers: 10 Nor the effeminate nor liers with mankind nor thieves nor covetous nor drunkards nor railers nor extortioners shall possess the kingdom of God."

Revelations 22:15 "Without are dogs and sorcerers and unchaste and murderers and servers of idols and every one that loves and makes a lie."

I don't see all 21 things you list in those two. What verse are you getting the part about the wise and learned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.