U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 02:17 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,487,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Does a woman have a child upon the first few birth pains? No, it's a process. Similarly, these things that have happened, are happening and will be happening are part of the process. It is written. Jesus is at the door.

Matt.24
[32] Now learn a parable of the fig tree [Israel]; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
[33] So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
[34] Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
[35] Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Yeah, but these things have been happening for millions of years. NOTHING has changed. What has changed recently? Tell me. Convince me. I see no difference from the past. I don't mean to scoff, or mock. But I don't see anything unusual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 02:26 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,066,272 times
the world is in shock. a volcano does.. what a volcano does.

let me know when a ford explorer starts spilling lava..

Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM

30,039 posts, read 30,710,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Yeah, but these things have been happening for millions of years. NOTHING has changed. What has changed recently? Tell me. Convince me. I see no difference from the past. I don't mean to scoff, or mock. But I don't see anything unusual.
Some people don't want to hear the truth, and I don't mean you. People have been predicting end times for centuries and still nothing has changed. Nature is no more chaotic today than it was back then... Iceland volcanic eruptions are a common occurrence and expected...So are earth quakes, hurricanes and most of the other natural events....They only become disasters when they hit a populated area.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Some people don't want to hear the truth, and I don't mean you. People have been predicting end times for centuries and still nothing has changed. Nature is no more chaotic today than it was back then... Iceland volcanic eruptions are a common occurrence and expected...So are earth quakes, hurricanes and most of the other natural events....They only become disasters when they hit a populated area.
I mean, he even said in the OP that it happened two centuries ago. How is this time different

Old 04-17-2010, 02:33 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,456,417 times
Quote:
Let me ask you a question if I may...through who's eyes are you looking around?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Let me ask you a question if I may...through who's eyes are you looking around?
Logical ones, that have seen no change.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Logical ones, that have seen no change.
Well there you go...you've now "logically" answered you're own question! The hardness of some of you all hearts will keep you "guessing" about the things of God, when there is a sure way to find out, let me know when you're truly ready to give up YOUR LOGIC!!

Until then, nothing of what we say will make sense......

Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 PM

5,431 posts, read 4,670,010 times
Quote:
I mean, he even said in the OP that it happened two centuries ago. How is this time different
Dan.12
[1] And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
[2] And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
[3] And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
[4] But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Aircraft has allowed our generation to run to and fro like never before; the internet and other technology have allowed for a great increase in knowledge. Just over a century ago, mankind moved about at the speed of horseback, or perhaps a sea vessel, as he always had for thousands of years. But, this is a different generation. It is written. Ye with an ear hear what the Spirit is saying.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:49 PM

30,039 posts, read 30,710,365 times
Give up logic? You gotta be kidding, right? You are right about one thing though, most of what you say makes no sense to a logical thinker.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Give up logic? You gotta be kidding, right? You are right about one thing though, most of what you say makes no sense to a logical thinker.
O.K. I understand, but do you understand this: Let's stay on topic......Iceland Volcano.

Pictures: Iceland Volcano Erupts, Under Ice This Time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or