Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:47 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times

Advertisements

Jesus Prayed to His Father God in John 17:21 .``Pray I for these done but for them also which shall believe on me through their word ...that they all may be one as thou father are in me and I in you that they also may be one in us that the world may believe that you have sent me``.... Jesus prays for unity in the Spirit for perfect harmony of goodness,.... If you went to Heaven to see Jesus today He could be right in the Father God in the Spirit, you could not see the Father God, but Jesus would come right out of him and he is one with the Lord and in omni present throughout, see there is no space in the Spirit. and Holy Spirit is the presence of the Lord God in the world in on the anointed Children of God and also one with the Father God one in the Spirit......The trinity in no panthesism like Hindu religions where there are a god of this and a god of that with many diffrent purposes. The trinity has one purpose and one authority, one faith, and for believers one baptism to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, no other religous belief system in the world believes in a Son of God and the ideas will blapheme them all. because the truth on the Lord God is enemy to the devil ..... The Children of God who have passed and gone to be with the Lord God are also one in the Spirit with the Lord God , even the Lord Gods Angels who are not personally need of the Blood of Jesus Christ are enhanced by the Blood of Jesus and are also one wiith the Lord God .......Heaven is one for all and all for one......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 04:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
None of those verses have anything to do with the Triune nature of God...those are regarding the Gospel and Faith...In what way is one saved?...Through Faith in Jesus Christ...Not Faith in the Doctrine of the Trinity...

A saving faith has to believe in the true God. God never used the word "Trinity" but nevertheless that is who God is. It is based on the fact that in various places in the Bible
  • Father is called God
  • Jesus calls himself God
  • The Holy Spirit is called God
Those verses (1 Corinthians 2:14, 1 Timothy 4:1, Galatians 1:8, 2 Corinthians 11:14) has everything to do with the Trinity.
God aka (LORD) Jehovah in the OT is refered to as "light"

The LORD is my light and my salvation Psalm 27:1
For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light Psalm 36:9

Jesus calls himself "light"

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

So it is not surprising then that demonic teaching from uses "light"

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light

What are thing things taught by demons and Satan who masquerades as "light" ?
  • God is not triune
  • Jesus is not God
  • You can become a god...even of your own planet
  • Sin is not accountable
  • You don't need faith to enter heaven
  • everybody goes to heaven
  • Faith and works...not by faith alone
  • Repentance is conditional
  • What was revealed (OT & NT) wasn't enough, another revelation was required
The message of Satan who masquerades is evil.
We are commanded to Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Romans 12:9

I hate the message of Satan.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-18-2010 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-18-2010, 04:54 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God is three in Persons and one in essence.
Could you define "essence," Mike? It's the word I seem to have the hardest time with, since I can't find either it or the word "substance" (which is also often used) in the scriptures. For a word that is used so often by Trinitarians, I would expect to see either it or an explanation of it somewhere in the Bible. I mean, I know that the Bible tells us that the Father and the Son are "one." But how are they one? That's what doesn't make sense to me, and I think it's mostly because I don't think of God as an essence or a substance. (I would also kind of appreciate your sticking to plain English. Greek philosophical thought just doesn't click in my head.)

Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Could you define "essence," Mike? It's the word I seem to have the hardest time with, since I can't find either it or the word "substance" (which is also often used) in the scriptures. For a word that is used so often by Trinitarians, I would expect to see either it or an explanation of it somewhere in the Bible. I mean, I know that the Bible tells us that the Father and the Son are "one." But how are they one? That's what doesn't make sense to me, and I think it's mostly because I don't think of God as an essence or a substance. (I would also kind of appreciate your sticking to plain English. Greek philosophical thought just doesn't click in my head.)
The essence of God refers to His character or makeup and consists of His attributes such as His Sovereignty, omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence, eternal life, justice, righteousness, love, veracity, and immutability. Each member of the Godhead possesses in equal measure these same attributes. In the thread below, I have given the verses for each of these attributes of God.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-true-god.html

Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
He can't be and He isn't. Furthermore, He didn't come here to do all He sent Himself to do, either. Nor did He pray to Himself, forsake Himself on the cross, commend Himself into His own Hands or ascend to Himself in Heaven. He is not His own Father or His own God, and He does not sit on His own right hand side today.
Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

Why would God say "us" and "our"?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

You mean why did the writer write that God said us and our?

Why three? Us and our could mean 50 or 3 or 87 or 299883.... why 3?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:30 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

I hate the message of Satan.
Great! then quit spreading it.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post

Maybe because He was speaking to His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. What's your point?

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-18-2010 at 10:56 PM..

Old 04-18-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
The essence of God refers to His character or makeup and consists of His attributes such as His Sovereignty, omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence, eternal life, justice, righteousness, love, veracity, and immutability. Each member of the Godhead possesses in equal measure these same attributes.
Okay, so you seem to be referring to non-physical attributes, and not a physical substance of some sort. I can go along with this.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
God is three in Persons and one in essence. When the essence of God is being talked about God is said to be one. When the Persons of the Godhead are being talked about God is said to be three.
I'm actually kind of surprised that my belief is as close to yours as it is. I just don't use the words essence or Trinity. I would agree with you that in terms of their divine qualities and attributes, the three members of the Godhead are "one." But what I have never heard a Trinitarian say until now is, "When the Persons of the Godhead are being talked about, God is said to be three." I'm with you all the way up until you posted the math: 1+1+1=1. That part I don't buy into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity