U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:18 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Thanks INLC !

You remind me of one of the women of the Bible, who though not much is written about her, a women who witnessed about her faith in the Lord. And apparently shared that message and became instrumental in one of the seven early Christian churchs: Thyatira

Acts 16:14
One of those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message.

Revelation 1:11
which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

God bless and give you the words that changes the heart.

Twin
Awwww thanks twin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
True, but my only responsibility is to present the truth, not to convince anyone concerning it. That is between them and God.
That's right Mike, all we are called to do is present the truth, it's God job to convince them. And you and twin and a few others here do a great job of presenting the truth!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,808,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes most are sincere in what they believe, but not all are listening to God.
There are only two messages:
  1. From the true Light
  2. From the one who masquerades as light.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,859,174 times
By the way, a couple of us are still waiting for an answer to a question:

Quote:
How are God the spirit and God the holy spirit different?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
That's right Mike, all we are called to do is present the truth, it's God job to convince them. And you and twin and a few others here do a great job of presenting the truth!
Thanks ILNC. Of course the fella that posted earlier this morning on a different thread and said that 'most of what I post is a lot of crock' would disagree with you, but I take that as a compliment also as it means that I must be doing something right.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,256,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Quote:
How are God the spirit and God the holy spirit different?
They're not different, they are the same.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
They're not different, they are the same.
Uh... Could you maybe dumb that answer down a bit? I think the original question (which was not mine but someone else's) was really intending to mean something more along the lines of, "How are God the Father and the Holy Ghost different?" If the question had been phrased that way, would your answer still be "They are the same"?

Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 PM

823 posts, read 1,080,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Can someone please, please try and legitimately explain how your jesus can also be his own father? This whole "father, son and holy spirit" as one being Moderator cut: insulting comments are deleted
I don't believe in the Trinity as some denominations do. It is unfounded, unbiblical and just plain doesn't make any sense whatsoever! I try and understand why some Christians believe it, but I respectfully disagree.

I view God as the Almighty Father, and Jesus is in 2nd Command. Jesus is the Messiah and Son of God.

It is quite clear to see that the Bible paints a very clear teaching that they are 2 separate souls, and not 1 in 3 and 3 in 1.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I don't believe in the Trinity as some denominations do. It is unfounded, unbiblical and just plain doesn't make any sense whatsoever! I try and understand why some Christians believe it, but I respectfully disagree.

I view God as the Almighty Father, and Jesus is in 2nd Command. Jesus is the Messiah and Son of God.

It is quite clear to see that the Bible paints a very clear teaching that they are 2 separate souls, and not 1 in 3 and 3 in 1.
I agree, Kat. But I am curious about one thing. Somewhere else, you said that you don't believe that Jesus is God. When you said that, did you mean that you don't believe that Jesus is the same person as God the Father or that you don't believe He is divine?

Old 04-19-2010, 10:27 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
God the Holy Spirit has many titles in both the Old and New Testaments.

He is known as...

The Holy Spirit; 2 Cor. 13:14

Spirit of Holiness; Rom. 1:4

Spirit of Life; Rom. 8:2

Spirit of Knowledge; Isa. 11:2

Spirit of Truth; John 14:17

Spirit of God and ''of our God''; Gen. 1:2; Matt. 3:16; 1 Cor. 6:11

Spirit of your Father; Matt. 10:20

Spirit of Christ and ''of Jesus Christ; Rom.8:9; Phil. 1:19

Spirit of His Son; Gal. 4:6

Spirit of the Lord; Acts 5:9

These various titles do not mean that He is merely a divine attribute of God. They are simply titles that relate Him in different ways as per the specifics of the titles.

The Holy Spirit is referred to as 'He', 'Him', and 'His'. John 14:16, 26.

In 2 Cor 13:14 all three members of the Trinity are presented. 'The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

The Holy Spirit can perform as Christ performed.

John 14:16 ''And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17) that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity