Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 04:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't know if the above question from sciotamicks has been answered on another thread, but it hasn't been clearly answered on this one, that I am aware of.

Does someone have a clear reply as to why sciotamicks believes Universalists say there are sinners in the New Heaven and Earth?
Maybe it is because he believes we are presently on the new earth and if one looks all around them they will see we are all still sinners, ergo, sinners are on the new earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Any reigning going on in God's universe shows there is insubbordination. If Christ reigns eternally then there is eternal insubbordination.
Quote:
scio replied: Jesus Christ is God the Son.
Christ hands over the kingdom to the Father, then GOD is all in all, just exactly as Christ is all in all.
The Bible always calls Jesus the Son of God. Never does the Bible call Jesus "God the Son." Remember Sciota, "God sent His Son into the world." When God did that, He remained in heaven and His Son was on the earth. Not two Gods. One God.
1Co 8:6-7 nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and we through Him." (7) But not in all is there this knowledge."

Quote:
Colossians 3:11 has Christ being all in all the believers. And God's Spirit is in the believers:
Quote:
scio replied: That's who God is all in all with, those in the New Jerusalem. And since you avoided a direct question from me elsewhere, I will ask you again....

Why are there sinners in the New Heavens and Earth, where you purportedly ascribe complete reconciliation of the entire race of mankind past, present and future wicked and righteous, and what is the second death that they are destined to?

Until you can answer this question in your viewpoint, your viewpoint is rendered in error.
I already answered the above question. I don't believe and have never stated that all mankind are reconciled to God when the new earth comes. Where did I ever say that? Please bring forth your proof.
I also stated that the second death is death. The people interred in it are there because God did not need them to be living during that eon. They are in unconscious death. They are not reconciled to God during their internment in death.

Until you can prove me wrong your viewpoint is rendered in error. Well, it already is in error but I'll amuse you anyway as if you have any hope of proving me wrong. LOL!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Bible always calls Jesus the Son of God. Never does the Bible call Jesus "God the Son." Remember Sciota, "God sent His Son into the world." When God did that, He remained in heaven and His Son was on the earth. Not two Gods. One God.
1Co 8:6-7 nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and we through Him." (7) But not in all is there this knowledge."

I already answered the above question. I don't believe and have never stated that all mankind are reconciled to God when the new earth comes. Where did I ever say that? Please bring forth your proof.
I also stated that the second death is death. The people interred in it are there because God did not need them to be living during that eon. They are in unconscious death. They are not reconciled to God during their internment in death.

Until you can prove me wrong your viewpoint is rendered in error. Well, it already is in error but I'll amuse you anyway as if you have any hope of proving me wrong. LOL!
Thanks, Eusebius. I understand what you are saying, but I can't quite figure out what sciotamicks believes, so I am confused by his posts. I am not a full preterist, myself, and, depending on how much of the scriptures you think have already been fulfilled, it would make quite a difference in how you interpret what is going on here on this planet, presently.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Thanks, Eusebius. I understand what you are saying, but I can't quite figure out what sciotamicks believes, so I am confused by his posts. I am not a full preterist, myself, and, depending on how much of the scriptures you think have already been fulfilled, it would make quite a difference in how you interpret what is going on here on this planet, presently.
Yes, well, one thing is for sure; Christ never returned to set up His 1000 year kingdom and the 12 apostles did not rise from the grave to reign with Christ in Jerusalem over the 12 tribes of Israel and over the nations. Anyone who believes He did, in my opinion, is a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Maybe it is because he believes we are presently on the new earth and if one looks all around them they will see we are all still sinners, ergo, sinners are on the new earth.
You call this an answer?

My question was, as it was clear as day, is that in your paradigm of things, why are there still sinners in the New Heavens and Earth?

Leave Preterism out of it, it has nothing to do with the question or answer?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
LOL. Ok....whatever you say......enjoy your gnostic arianism.

Quote:
You are UR somewhat, and you believe that everyone will be reconciled to God post millenium, which is the NH and E, where there are STILL SINNERS sinning against God! And the second death is a definite state during the FINAL EON, the New Heavens and Earth! LOL! Your paradigm refutes itself! LOL!

Last edited by sciotamicks; 04-23-2010 at 01:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity